what is the purpose of taming dinos in this game?

Voidstar

11 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Hey, sorry, but all of your posts prove you're new. Keep birds on passive, and a level 58 Rex is not sufficient to kill anything lol. My rexes are BORN with 14,500 health and 408 melee, THEY can kill anything outside of a wild giga or titan. There's nothing wrong with being new, everyone was at one point, but don't brag about how you know what's best when you're giving bad advice and you think 74 is a high level. No offense. 

yes, totally new..

arkhours.PNG

also, take a look back last feb. I am 90% sure 68 was top or was it 86.. I was 62 at the time

Just because YOU can't do it, doesn't mean someone else cannot

8 minutes ago, Velarius said:

1. stop using cheats and get on an official server. 2. Don't tame anything low lvl. 3. Dinos will nearly always aggro a player over a dino tamed or in the process of taming. If having trouble getting the aggro, get near its face. Trust me it will turn to take a bite out of you first.

Hey be nice.

That would work for some dinos but not for rexes. They don't give a damn about you and go for dinos. Alphas also have ADD so they will get distracted by any dino except you as well.

Also remember that a ridden dino has double to triple the dps of unridden/wild, so it is entirely possible to kill higher levels than yours. Not to mention you can choose to specifically pump damage/hp while wilds can't, and you have saddle armor.

2 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Hey be nice.

That would work for some dinos but not for rexes. They don't give a damn about you and go for dinos. Alphas also have ADD so they will get distracted by any dino except you as well.

He didn't get pounced out of the sky by an alpha Tylacoleo especially cause I'm not even sure they exist as far as alphas go as of yet. Also the only reason Rex's go after dinos first is because they are almost uniquely programmed with their AI to attack the biggest targets first, my words weren't to be used as all encompassing. Just general advice, and my apologies if I offended but I don't see playing on single player with the ability to type in command cheats as a way to play a game. Especially when you can type in the command to spawn anything you want and force tame, completely removes anyone's reason to complain about anything.

1 minute ago, Velarius said:

Especially when you can type in the command to spawn anything you want and force tame, completely removes anyone's reason to complain about anything.

CAN doesn't mean you DO. I played offline for a year without internet, and I used maybe 1 or 2 "cheats" the whole time. (primitive saddle bps, plz?)

2 minutes ago, Velarius said:

He didn't get pounced out of the sky by an alpha Tylacoleo especially cause I'm not even sure they exist as far as alphas go as of yet. Also the only reason Rex's go after dinos first is because they are almost uniquely programmed with their AI to attack the biggest targets first, my words weren't to be used as all encompassing. Just general advice, and my apologies if I offended but I don't see playing on single player with the ability to type in command cheats as a way to play a game. Especially when you can type in the command to spawn anything you want and force tame, completely removes anyone's reason to complain about anything.

Where did you read alpha thylacoleo??

1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Where did you read alpha thylacoleo??

I was referencing his complaint about being pounced out of a tree by a Thylacoleo.

3 minutes ago, Zederia said:

CAN doesn't mean you DO. I played offline for a year without internet, and I used maybe 1 or 2 "cheats" the whole time. (primitive saddle bps, plz?)

That's nice, you still 'cheated' and thus your point is mute. Most people who can cheat will, and he obviously is using the 'cheats'. So if you are going to use them to fly etc, there is no point in not just spawning what you want and force taming it. People who 'cheat' have already ruined the bit of integrity the game has so if you are going to do it then no sense in not going big.

23 minutes ago, Velarius said:

People who 'cheat' have already ruined the bit of integrity the game has so if you are going to do it then no sense in not going big.

play solo, and never give yourself something to accommodate NOT having a team mate to pair with against points you need. this game is meant for MULTIPLE and LARGE tribes of people working together. when you don't have that, what do you have?

oh wait, I got a better one for ya too. what do you do when something like  THIS happens?: (only picure I had of a situation like this, but not from ARK)

Horizon Zero Dawn™_20170305054510.jpg

19 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Ok so why did you say this then if he never mentioned an alpha thylacoleo?

Oi because he never even mentioned fighting alphas, you brought them up which had no bearing on the points I made since he was talking about things like wolves and Thylacoleos. I was telling him to get next to said creatures heads and you mentioned alphas as if that refuted the point I made on the animals he mentioned. Not tryin to argue with ya.

18 minutes ago, Zederia said:

play solo, and never give yourself something to accommodate NOT having a team mate to pair with against points you need. this game is meant for MULTIPLE and LARGE tribes of people working together. when you don't have that, what do you have?

Considering there are vids of people on officials beating bosses by themselves with a large amount of rexs. Thats where it can get you. Outside of certain hardmode bosses, its quite possible to do near anything solo as plenty of players have proven that. Yep takes more work by yourself but guess what, you did it by yourself. Nobody can that from those who did that solo thus playing solo is not a reason for 'cheats'. Also if you are going to use pic examples at least make it the same game, proving another games broken parts proves nothing of Ark's broken pieces as I do know they exist and have seen many. 

13 minutes ago, Zederia said:

I play solo, on official. And it's incredible that you've played 2000+ hours and learned so little about the game. 

7 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

I play solo, on official. And it's incredible that you've played 2000+ hours and learned so little about the game. 

well, so do I play on official solo. but I do trade for things I need I don't have. I also play PvP. it's pretty sad how little YOU learned about the game, hiding in your little "purist" bubble. There ARE reasons to do things that are not "pure" gameplay. do you gamma? PvE does allow it, and I know PLENTY of people who do. if you did, congrats! you've cheated. I don't gamma, night is a threat to me, period. Have you ever looked up how to tame something? You're not so pure anymore, are you? Remember, the game tells you NOTHING abot how to tame any creature, asside from canivore herbivore, omnivore. anythign else you "count out" through another means, you "cheated" the experience of yourself

Just now, Zederia said:

well, so do I play on official solo. but I do trade for things I need I don't have. I also play PvP. it's pretty sad how little YOU learned about the game, hiding in your little "purist" bubble. There ARE reasons to do things that are not "pure" gameplay. do you gamma? PvE does allow it, and I know PLENTY of people who do. if you did, congrats! you've cheated. I don't gamma, night is a threat to me, period.

Lol I didn't say anything about you cheating, that was the other guy. My point was that you were being condescending while simultaneously being ignorant about the game. Don't talk down to people when you're wrong, like with the flyers on passive. It's unbecoming. 

On 3/21/2017 at 6:20 PM, Voidstar said:

What is the purpose of taming dinos in this game, besides losing a bunch of time, ressources and watching them die right away?

I play on SP. Minutes ago it was my third argentavis who died. First two died because they were on neutral and you can't get them to stop once they are engaged in battle. they fight until they die, and BOY DO THEY DIE RIGHT AWAY LIKE EVERYTHING. The 3rd one i was riding him home, a cat jumped from a tree, dismounted me and jumped DIRECTLY on my argentavis and killed it in 3 seconds maximum. All creatures in this game have a rather braindead function of ignoring pain, torpor damage or whatever, while they blindly attempt to murder your tames with their last breath. I never die, I fight them off. But my tamed creatures, no matter rex, argentavis, dilo, dodo or whatever, just die rapidly. Because any damn creature in this game focuses to kill your dinos right away and there is NO WAY to stop them from doing that. Not to mention the terrible AI, but hey it's EA. No matter if u ride a rex, you will get attacked by rather swarming enemies who all focus your tames or future tames[unconscious]. It doesn t matter that you scouted the area before and there was no threath, they just emerge out of the damn soil. Days ago I was taming an argentavis, a wolf came and attacked the argentavis through me (while I was brutally severing  the wolf with a sword) and killed it. It did not give a damn that I was there hitting it.

I am tired of playing this game with cheats...admincheat ghost, admincheat walk...because well there is no corner where my characters doesn t get stuck and starts to lsd-ly float.

Please tell me what I AM DOING WRONG, please help me...please..I can t take it anymore...every second is agony...

tame HIGHER level dinos, but one thing i have to say is that some of the newer dinos are broken. I can't go underwater anymore because of the eels that surround my base. As for the thylacoleos, fly with a quetzal, because there is a lower chance of getting dismounted.

Are you new to ark? If so, you will realize that combat isnt only but the dinos you tame, but about ur strategy. Don't just run around the island with any dino and expect to win in a fight.

2 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Lol I didn't say anything about you cheating, that was the other guy.

yea, you're right ont hat point. my bad. the other however..

I am FAR from ignorant. I have done these things, and saying a low level rex can't kill anythign is dumb beyond words. I have taken down 140+ brontos all the time, and those things hit like a mack truck

1 minute ago, Voidstar said:

thank you everyone for your advices.meanwhile i crafted a pump action shot gun. it should help me better in nasty situations

will just get you killed for being overconfident. take your time, stay to the beach and tame dodos and dilos. work your way up, and don't expect to see the whole map in a day

3 minutes ago, Zederia said:

I am FAR from ignorant. I have done these things, and saying a low level rex can't kill anythign is dumb beyond words. I have taken down 140+ brontos all the time, and those things hit like a mack truck

As I refuse to continue to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person I'll just say this. 1. I didn't say anything about a rex specifically. 2. You are besties with ignorance, there is a massive difference between researching a target and putting in a command to fly so that you can just hover above said creature and just shoot it with tranqs so it can't do anything to you. Worlds apart, but if you weren't just thrashing around the forums from subject to subject in a desperate attempt to prove you aren't ignorant you would realize this.

1 hour ago, Velarius said:

3. Dinos will nearly always aggro a player over a dino tamed or in the process of taming. If having trouble getting the aggro, get near its face. Trust me it will turn to take a bite out of you first.

you're the ignorant one. You need to play more and talk out your blowhole less.

I can tell you COUNTLESS stories of being right next to a take and the dino going after the tame and NOT me.  also, other people complain about the same thing.

7 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Never said it couldn't. I said that it isn't sufficient to kill everything. And you're giving noob advice while talking about your Rex that you tamed at level 20. Forgive me for assuming you were new to the game. I should have said that you have the knowledge of someone new to the game. 

1 minute ago, Harrist14 said:

Never said it couldn't. I said that it isn't sufficient to kill everything. And you're giving noob advice while talking about your Rex that you tamed at level 20. Forgive me for assuming you were new to the game. I should have said that you have the knowledge of someone new to the game. 

this is where we make sure we read kiddies: " and a level 58 Rex is not sufficient to kill anything lol "

Those are YOUR words, which I quoted when I replied. so yea.. less time trying to bash someone, more time making sure you are saying what you are wanting to say

• Avios locked this topic

Archived