New Player - what to do next...

Anarki

OK, so I've been playing with a friend for the past month and am playing on the centre PVE Prim+ server. We've a decent base, tamed and claimed some decent dinos. I now spend time flying round for beacons, occasionally killing on the burnt island. I'm lvl 68 and am wondering what to do next... Ive heard about caves but am not sure which I should start with and what I should take with me in there.

Other than the bosses/obelisks, what else should I be aiming to do.

Thanks for any suggestions you can think of.

Go caving, definitely.

The north and south snow caves are pretty easy. One requires some swimming, though. A decent bear makes short work of those caves. There's also a cave in the southwestern portion of Jungles South that you can fit a rex in to. Don't use a bear on this one; you can get in, but you can't get it out. There's a small portion which you have to swim, but your rex would make it just fine since you don't have to dive. Just be careful of the anglers.

Then start breeding/trading your babies.

Then realize that P+ isn't supported and that you've wasted lots of time in that game mode, then switch over to the base game and do it all over again. =)

1 hour ago, DeweyDecimal said:

South Snow Cave is pretty easy, big entrance means you can get pretty much any mount in with you. A set of fur armor and maybe some fria curry will keep you from freezing

Have they fixed that cave yet? I lost a few dino's that fell through the map when trying to get into it while the cave loads. 

the first easy mode cave is the cave just below volcano, any decent level saber or wolf will finish this cave with force feeding it health when required. My super sabre can clear the cave without loosing much health. He has 5000 health and like 600 melee. this cave is also the best place to get chitin early game if you don't have a frog yet.

Archived