Painting dinosaurs will replace dinosaurs mutate?

xrayboom

100000% agree with this. Being able to paint dinos with a click of a button takes away from the cross breeding family tree that people like myself and tribemate worked on.

hopefully this does not come out on xbox cuz the mutation community is awesome and this might break it. 

Plus having colorful dinos running around will make the games kinda lame.

instead of that rare mutated dino u bred. U will see a painted dino.

painting should stay the same as is.

6 hours ago, xrayboom said:

eww , i wish it dont gonna be on Xbox One. We just wasted our time to breed 100 dino different color. Worked hard to got all that, for nothing lol

painted dinos look nothing like mutated dinos, they have different patterns in different collors. its like comparing a painting of leonardo da vinci to a painting of a kid in kinderdarten. 

painting is fun to do but dont expect masterpieces

i dont think it can replace a good mutation. its like fools gold, you can show it off but your not fooling anybody. theres hard work or pure luck that goes into mutations, thats what people pay for. to have something most don't. after all ..anybody can paint a painting, but they wont sell aswell as a masterpiece. 

Paintings pretty wonky too you'll see once it lands for you guys its not like oh I want to paint the spots on my rex blue 'click' its really damn clumsy and the base color can alter a lot of color tones making some impossible to emulate with paint. However a good mutation color might make a fantastic base for a paint job.

• 3 months later...

Get use ot it cause console is probably going to get it anyway. But trust us PCers. It will NOT make your mutated dino's worthless. Not by a long shot.

Mutated dino's looks soooo much cleaner and natural than painted ones. I tried. I took red and yellow paint and tried to paint my lightning wyvern red body with yellow highlights and 'fancy' patterns. In the end, he looked awful close up. Then I cheat mutated the same colors onto him with admin codes just to compare and wow did he look soooo much better...

So don't worry your head off over it. Mutated dino's not only look better than attempted painted ones, but they also probably got way better stats if the breeder did things right, thus the combo makes them very valuable.

Did I forget o mention that painting is a tedious and not easy process to get to even remotely look right? Even with a mouse? I bet console controller will make the process even harder and thus no one will bother with it anyway xD

• 6 months later...

Archived