Perfect Tame Rock Elemental

Gilrhia

Hi survivors,

i am new to this forum stuff and as a "early bird" i am startin my first topic ...

We've tamed four 135+ rock elementals with only headshots (cannon balls) and started with around 90% taming effiency everytime. Is there anything else to regard?

Thanking you in anticipation

Gilrhia

p.s.: any chance to get ranked up so i can access the trading area? :o

33 minutes ago, Gilrhia said:

Well we ve tamed eight 140+ now due to those 1.5 events ... and all started with around 90%. Dododex said with a kibble tame the end efficiency shouldn be around 90% ...

Someone tried rockets?

Best Regards

Gilrhia

its normal, rock golems TE is weird like that, if you didnt hit it and it starts off at 88-89 ish TE, ive tamed alot of 150's and never have i seen it start with 100% not with rockets and not with cannonballs.

2 hours ago, BobRoss said:

its normal, rock golems TE is weird like that, if you didnt hit it and it starts off at 88-89 ish TE, ive tamed alot of 150's and never have i seen it start with 100% not with rockets and not with cannonballs.

ok ... then its not just us havin probs with those golems ^^

I've read so many posts about them, but nobody has an answer to gettin a 100% TE at the beginning

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This is really annoying. The cannonballs do instant torpor so its not like u can wait it out. The last cannon ball ALWAYS does dmg to it, thus making ur efffectives 89%ish to start with every time. It is super frustrating to  lose 11 lvls right off the bat, specially bc they cost around 70+ kibble + almost a thousand metal+ other stuff in cannonballs. Please devs fix this issue :( I still dream of my perfect golem tame!

On 3/22/2017 at 5:26 AM, Gilrhia said:

Well we ve tamed eight 140+ now due to those 1.5 events ... and all started with around 90%. Dododex said with a kibble tame the end efficiency shouldn be around 90% ...

Someone tried rockets?

Best Regards

Gilrhia

If you read history on rockets, they worked initially on scorched, then they tweaked rockets and broke it, and then supposedly fixed it after a year so it worked for a month, but the patch after that broke it again.  I have not been able to knock out a rock elemental with a rocket without killing it.  100% head shots.  Experimented on a number of elementals.   The rocket method is still broken. 

Has anyone tried catapults? If i remember correctly, cannons deal torpor damage first, splash damage after, which would explain the lower TE. This seems to be the same problem i had with taming crabs. Tried cannons at first, and their TE would be lower due to the splash damage applying after torpor. I switched over to catapults, and started getting 100 TE on a regular basis afterwards. (Sometimes would get 99). I will try to test that out tonight and will post if there is any actual difference.

1 hour ago, Demerus said:

even though the cannon ball makes a direct hit to the head it still causes splash damage which decreases the efficiency.

Tek saddles used to give a higher efficieny but they have been nerfed since TLC 1 Patch:

- TEK saddles no longer inflict raid damage (how you inflict torpor on titan, krab, and golem)

That is sad

Here's some information that's not widely known yet:

- A cannonball does 2 hits to the rock elemental because its going through. The last shot knocks him down and instantly hits him once bringing down the taming effiencie.

- This only applies when you hit the rock elemental straight in the face

The way you can get 100% starting TE with the use of cannon balls requires 2 players for it to be easy or solo which is a bit harder but still possible. 

You can start out as usual hitting a 150 golem 10x in the face, the 11th will knock him down and you have to make some changes here. 

You have to make the elemental turn 90 degrees, either left or right makes no difference. When you hit the last cannonball from the side it will not do the instant damage because it won't connect with its body behind it (has to do with hitbox's). If you are with 2 players its quite easy, 1 operate the cannon and 1 stand on the side of the trap for him to turn 90 degrees for the shooter (can use rare flowers if he won't turn). For solo players you can set up a rex or any other dino with good hp and after 10x cannon hits shoot your own dino with a pheromone dart. This should cause the Elemental to turn to your dino and you blow his face up from the side giving 100% starting TE. 

It used to be with tek saddles as mentioned above but those no longer inflict raid damage thanks to PvP players crying, making tek saddles useless PvE since they only have 25 armour. 

Another option for solo players is to hit the rock elemental (lvl 150) 10x with a cannonball (which does the most torpor by far) and finish it off with rockets or grenades. I really dislike this method since it takes up too much time for me when I can just hit once more with a cannonball from the side, but everyone their preferences right :) 

28 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

Another option for solo players is to hit the rock elemental (lvl 150) 10x with a cannonball (which does the most torpor by far) and finish it off with rockets or grenades. I really dislike this method since it takes up too much time for me when I can just hit once more with a cannonball from the side, but everyone their preferences right :) 

rocket still do torpor? and how much per rocket

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The reason for lost effectiveness is summed up to the cannon ball splashing damage.  If you setup 3 Gates to make a V shape, if you hit the top bar of the middle gate, you can knock the rock golem with 100% effectiveness. Just test fire your cannon until the cannon balls hit the top of your gate (Then lure golem) and that should protect the golem from getting splashed when it goes down for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the syntax video, I think the metal pillar is stopping the cannonball from hitting the body.

I know 99.7%TE is possible. I've accidentally done it once or twice.  either the pillar stopped the cannonball from doing the second hit

or it stopped the splash from hitting the body.  Maybe shooting the golem from close below and almost strait up while it's looking up.

In another Syntac video he tamed a 172 that way and got 99.7%. (Yes i know he's on a modded server and alot of things are differnt)

Archived