You're Ruining The Ocean! (Video Proof)

Crows

On 4/19/2017 at 7:41 AM, Robersdee said:

yup, dunks, pirana, anglers, jellies, eels, all pic squid to the spot, bye bye tame. 

Yeah what's up with that? I thought a giant squid would easily push aside any small sea creatures. O.o 

My solution would be to either fix collisions (big task because of Unreal Engine, I guess) or make it so that the squid (and Mosa) naturally pushes away anything much smaller than it like a on-the-move knockback/pushback - or the lazy way; increase the hitbox radius to include -inside- the squid too lol...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ocean in general is filled with nasty BS. That's why I stick to land. Also something similar happened to my friends high level rex which we were swimming across the water to our base on an iceberg. The rex was almost there and then 2 eels come out of nowhere and killed it by pinning the rex down and zapping it to death. 

3 hours ago, GravitronX said:

I have no problem with aggressive creatures but they need to be fightsble I should not be runing from an eel on a mosa

Nailed it. It's really funny how 1 meter long eel thinks. " Let's attack that 17 meters long (and probably few 1000 times heavier) sea monster, am sure i can kill it. And then will have food for years... Too bad it spoils... " And i know it is a game, and has nothing to do with reality and so on. But even a game should be balanced and proportional. But this is like every eel has a nuclear pover plant in its ass. And even the biggest creatures are defensless agains it's "electric gazing".

i had a level around 250 mosa that was a complete pain to tame a long time ago, i was swimming about looking for drops... run into 2 groups of eels in the same area one got its stupid stun off did its completely stupid knock me off the mount knocked me out killed the mosa that had 26k health before i woke up then killed me. i have 80 fort so i dont knock out long. then killed me, went back for my full mastercraft tools and weapons on my 246 plesi, killed that in seconds rage quit as had nothing else to get back down with(that willing to lose anyway). what a fantastic playing time. thanks WC for that, days and days of work gone. thats my awesome water adventure lol

40 minutes ago, ldb23 said:

i had a level around 250 mosa that was a complete pain to tame a long time ago, i was swimming about looking for drops... run into 2 groups of eels in the same area one got its stupid stun off did its completely stupid knock me off the mount knocked me out killed the mosa that had 26k health before i woke up then killed me. i have 80 fort so i dont knock out long. then killed me, went back for my full mastercraft tools and weapons on my 246 plesi, killed that in seconds rage quit as had nothing else to get back down with(that willing to lose anyway). what a fantastic playing time. thanks WC for that, days and days of work gone. thats my awesome water adventure lol

Damn that sucks so bad!!!!! These kind of stories make me hate eels even more. >:(

I used to love my Mosa, now I just check on him every now and then to see if he's not starving. It's not because I'm scared of eels knocking me off the Mosa, it's because I can't be bothered with the whole ordeal of being forcefully dismounted and either stunned to death or lucky enough to swim up to try and shoot the eels off of my mosa 1 by 1, while looking out for other predators like squids and plesios in the process. I just want to explore and look for loot drops, collect pearls etc.. now I use my icthy/dolphin from time to time, just to avoid everything.

On 4/22/2017 at 1:53 AM, Saris said:

After losing a high level bred & imprinted Spino to an eel mob we don't go into deep water anymore. Our Spinos were rulers of the seas... confidently able to take on anything short of a Mosa or Squid... now they barely get wet.

Same here with my Spino, he hasn't been underwater in sooooooo long... I miss it already.

It's the old story of the Elephant and the Ant.  The elephant was too strong, stepping on the ants, so they made the ants stronger.  Now the elephant is a weakling and the world is ruled by ants. 

The story is the same in the sky, ocean and land.  Many of the new critters are completely op and unbalanced, and there seems to be no counter tactic to fight them.  It's easier and easier to stay away from these areas because its just not fun any more.

When a game becomes not fun.........

2 hours ago, Noompsie said:

The story is the same in the sky, ocean and land.  Many of the new critters are completely op and unbalanced, and there seems to be no counter tactic to fight them.  It's easier and easier to stay away from these areas because its just not fun any more.

Yup, without classic flyers-mod I would have quit the game. Ocean is a no go because of eels, the redwoods are a no go because of THREE creatures that can stun you and glitch out your mount and flying is so slow that every player can outrun the flyers.

On 4/24/2017 at 2:40 AM, DomiDarko said:

Yup, without classic flyers-mod I would have quit the game. Ocean is a no go because of eels, the redwoods are a no go because of THREE creatures that can stun you and glitch out your mount and flying is so slow that every player can outrun the flyers.

Yes indeed. And let's not mention there are not one, but TWO creatures put in purely for the purpose of griefing PVE players.... the pego and the seagull. 

Thankfully I run a private server... the eels, pegos and troodons are turned off, the leeds are turned WAY down, and classic flyers is an absolute must.

Now if only my tames would stop randomly starving while standing next to full troughs.

We've given up with the ocean right about now, simply the only worth while Dino in it is the basilo. Immune to eels and jellyfish, can kill alphas with ease and has very good health regen. I like the variety of dinos in the game but with the eels it's either one tame to survive or get wrecked by something that would shouldn't think about challenging a mosa...

20 minutes ago, BlueSpino17 said:

I like the variety of dinos in the game but with the eels it's either one tame to survive or get wrecked by something that would shouldn't think about challenging a mosa...

Yes indeed. Whatever happened to tiers of creatures? A terror bird won't attack an Allo... why are eels attacking large water mounts? The only things a Spino rider in the water should have to worry about should be plessies, mosas and squid.

Archived