You're Ruining The Ocean! (Video Proof)

Crows

I hear this. I made a post on Reddit /ARK - https://www.reddit.com/r/ARK/comments/61st6n/basilosaurus_the_best_water_dinosaur/ about my experiences in the water and then a dino that I found that changed my life. Basilosaurus is a game changer in this regard because I like you was not wanting to go anywhere near the water after I lost my Shark and 2 Dolphins in that nightmarish hell of an ocean. 

I am trying to see if I can find any other ocean dinos that have a similar mechanic as the first time I found this guy I went and killed every eel I could find as payback! 

Good Luck out there!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ODeezGaming said:

I hear this. I made a post on Reddit /ARK - https://www.reddit.com/r/ARK/comments/61st6n/basilosaurus_the_best_water_dinosaur/ about my experiences in the water and then a dino that I found that changed my life. Basilosaurus is a game changer in this regard because I like you was not wanting to go anywhere near the water after I lost my Shark and 2 Dolphins in that nightmarish hell of an ocean. 

I am trying to see if I can find any other ocean dinos that have a similar mechanic as the first time I found this guy I went and killed every eel I could find as payback! 

Good Luck out there!

No. The Basil is literally the only dino that isn't subject to randomly being killed by Eels. 

5 minutes ago, ODeezGaming said:

Guess I will look for higher level Basils then as I am not riding anything else lol.

Highly engaging, balanced content. Enjoy riding the slowest mount in the sea, you won't die to Eels, unavoidably, randomly, without rhyme or reason, but you might die of old age before you get to the other side of the map. 

28 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Can't remote use consumables on dinos. They got rid of that a while ago because they were good for raiding or something. 

Oh right, forgot about that. Well they should add the antidote anyway for players, and as for tames maybe make it so the stun effect only takes effect after your dino takes significant damage (from the eels). 

32 minutes ago, GravitronX said:

Honestly there should be a button to toggle all names in the tribe on and off no matter the distance so it's harder to lose things

That would be perfect. It's already in the game (GPS Node trackers) but those tracker nodes are annoyingly unreliable, like... the amount of times I've put a tracker node on something (even by the saddle) and it would get destroyed without my knowledge. 

Speaking of eels though, my friend just lost his lvl 200+ Mosa because of eels too... This is really grinding my gears now. >:(

2 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

I guess that you've never had a Dunkleosteus? ;) 

Actually I do. Dunky is over twice as fast as the Basil according to the wiki. Though I'll admit, I have Dunkys with Health pumped, I don't actually ride them. 

Dunky

Movement Speed
Movement Type Base Speed Sprinting Stamina Used
Wild Domesticated
Walking 650  ?  ? 20
Swimming 650

Basil

Movement Speed
Movement Type Base Speed Sprinting Stamina Used
Wild Domesticated
Walking 300  ?  ?  ?
Swimming 300 N/A N/A N/A

39 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Idk if they did a hot fix or if I've just been getting lucky, but the last 2-3 times I've been in the ocean in the last couple days I've seen a total of 4 eels on a lap around the island and none in the west sea cave

I wish that was the case but today I've seen at least 7 packs of them to the west :( 

17 hours ago, iAmE said:

No. The Basil is literally the only dino that isn't subject to randomly being killed by Eels. 

That is incorrect. ALL aquatic life ignores Rock Elementals should you choose one to traverse the sea bottom. Beware of fall damage underwater!

Even if something aggros on you while you dismount it and you managed to mount your Golem again - you are safe: it does get stunned by eels but you dont dismount and attackers quickly lose interest in you and de-aggro. It also sometimes able to attack while stunned.

8 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

That is incorrect. ALL aquatic life ignores Rock Elementals should you choose one to traverse the sea bottom. Beware of fall damage underwater!

Even if something aggros on you while you dismount it and you managed to mount your Golem again - you are safe: it does get stunned by eels but you dont dismount and attackers quickly lose interest in you and de-aggro. It also sometimes able to attack while stunned.

See, this is how the mechanic should behave for all dinos.

19 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Now THAT is the slowest underwater mount lol. I've taken mine underwater before but it's such a hassle to have to find a place to bring it back above water

Archived