You're Ruining The Ocean! (Video Proof)

Crows

2 hours ago, Crows said:

I'll be showing you a video of what I'm talking about, trust me. Skill has nothing to do with broken mechanics AKA the eels stacking inside your squid's head making you unable to move while they continuously stunlock it.

It's extremely unrealistic because I'm pretty sure IRL a giant squid would simply push away smaller fish like eels, angler's, jellies etc. Instead, they somehow pin the giant squid in place with their almighty strength? lol

Most creatures wouldnt be even stupid enough to approach a squid or mosa. At the moment the oceans in perfect harmony and  not a single creature eats its neighbor like some sort of aquatic jahovas witness brochure, until a tamed dino shows up and they band together and rush blindly at said tame dino no matter what it is.  Least on land most herbavores get attacked by carnivores and some carnivores prey on other carnivores (mostly rex) but you go into the ocean? Happy fun times for all the coels.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Dracul said:

Most creatures wouldnt be even stupid enough to approach a squid or mosa. At the moment the oceans in perfect harmony and  not a single creature eats its neighbor like some sort of aquatic jahovas witness brochure, until a tamed dino shows up and they band together and rush blindly at said tame dino no matter what it is.  Least on land most herbavores get attacked by carnivores and some carnivores prey on other carnivores (mostly rex) but you go into the ocean? Happy fun times for all the coels.

Right, the ocean really needs a lot of love :)

Why do none of the ocean creatures attack each other like the land ones do?

I was afraid for a long time to go in the ocean when I knew a DC meant death from drowning. I lived with that for a while and then just gave up on the ocean.

Now it sounds even worse. I did try it a few weeks ago but stayed away from the jelly fish and didn't see an eel. Wasn't going back until I tamed a basilosaurus.

4 hours ago, Irk said:

The problem is that this mechanic isn't challenging. There isn't a challenge here. Players are at a huge disadvantage since there's nothing to counter this dismount/stun effect. It'll be the equivalent to a server admin using God mode and ghost to walk in to your base and pike your dinos to death, and disguising his actions as a challenge against your base defense. 

Pretty much the same as alphas coming to your base with 50 Dinos when you are offline. I don't really see the difference 

Not trying to troll or be contentious, but I really really like the new mechanics and threat of the stun mechanics. I love that I'm no longer just op king while riding my Mosas. There are always threats. Same with the purlovia and Thylacoleos. Not safe zipping along on my op Pteranodon anymore. 

I love love love it and the challenge it gives. I want the game to be hard every time I play - not just the first 60 levels. 

7 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

Pretty much the same as alphas coming to your base with 50 Dinos when you are offline. I don't really see the difference 

There's a huge difference. Apples and oranges, really.

Based on your logic, WC shouldn't have fixed the dino spawn glitch that caused allo's to spawn in peoples' bases because alpha's would've gotten a dinosaur in that base when they raid you anyway.

To each their own I suppose.

9 hours ago, Jtmorris said:

Not trying to troll or be contentious, but I really really like the new mechanics and threat of the stun mechanics. I love that I'm no longer just op king while riding my Mosas. There are always threats. Same with the purlovia and Thylacoleos. Not safe zipping along on my op Pteranodon anymore. 

I love love love it and the challenge it gives. I want the game to be hard every time I play - not just the first 60 levels. 

Which will be fine, once they fix the glitch that causes your mount to glitch out when you get forcibly dismounted by something like a thylacoleo.

I've added video proof of 2 clips in one video to the OP. Check it out, and if Wildcard don't understand the problem then please share this to them over Twitter or wherever they communicate. 

So tell me, where's the challenge? they swim inside your squid's head so that you can't get away, there's no challenge. It's broken.

On 3/21/2017 at 4:04 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

Basil stun resistance should be given to all large sea tames. I know lore-wise it's probably something to do about their blubber, but eels take away all the competition to whales. They even get stuck in the tuso's hitbox you you can't attack them. I am fine with jellyfish as they are because they don't chase you down nearly as fast. Speaking of which, in what universe do jellyfish pursue things?

Only having one trump card sea dino makes it lame. And please, wildcard. DO NOT NERF THE WHALE. This is not what we want. Eels are not a challenge. They are unfair.

Totally agree. All large sea tames should be immune to stuns like the Basil. 

The thing is a game need to be challenging enough to give a sense of achievement but it can't be so challenging to the point of it being unfair which removes the aspect of fun (disclaimer I play on non dedicated so some of my opinions on how a tame is will not translate onto official correctly) a stun can exist harmoniously in a game but it cannot apply unless under specific circumstances to punish you for doing something wrong. By you attacking something in the only way you can you are not be accurately rewarded for your use of a game mechanic (using your Dino's) currently my 106k health basil is all we can really use in the ocean but we can't fight alpha Moses due to them having higher damage and at least 800-900k health (shamoo the only 150 basil we were able to find)

second if the challenge remains then a reliable and fair reward is needed in compensation for the challenge and currently eels have pretty much no reward in them for taming or killing as other players will just use basils anyways to counter wild eels.

OR WC could fix the longstanding hit box issues that plague both land and water combat allow us to use our perfect tame squid with 587k health

(side note yay I'm back on the forums finally remembered my email and password after 7 months I have around 30 emails I use lol)

19 hours ago, Jtmorris said:

I do agree, its nice to have stuff like this for a challenge instead of stomping the island with a giga :P. But, its the bugs associated with this stuff. Like eels getting stuck and chain locking you. Ever since my tuso nearly died in the western sea cave(had to make a friend get on..) i've just been going around the island on a lvl 50 bailo(still trying to find a better one). Oh and btw, i've heard about purlovias and thylas glitching out your mount but i've honestly never been dismounted by one before.

I would agree with a majority of you, there needs to be a cool down between shocks so you stand a chance, a potion to negate the effects(or at least semi negate it), and most of all it'd be nice to not have dinos come out of cave walls xD.

24 minutes ago, AtillaWalker said:

... If eels actually behaved like "low-to-middle end of the food chain", there would be no problems.

Exactly. They should be trying to stay out of YOUR way and only use the stun when there's no alternative way to escape.

I hate the ocean personally. It's a god awful place and I stay away from it as much as I can. I have no water tames (unless you count the Sarco) and that really doesn't worry me at all.

Maybe they should change their electric stun from an offensive attack, to a defensive attack, similar to the Tuso. Possibly still have them swarm like piranhas/anglers/and everything else in the water lol, but not shock unless they lose a certain amount of health, which can be negated if enough damage is dealt before hand.

Idk, haven't gone into the ocean as of late, but seeing that video and what may await me makes me think some underwater adjustments need to happen sooner than later.

Great video! Agree with the OP completely.

Me and my tribemate used to run the hard underwater cave with mate boosted squids. High level mosas, plesies, schools of mantas and piranhas made that cave difficult, but fun. The eels just ruined it. Had the exact same experience shown in your video. The only way we try it now is to have one player stay way back and not fight, so when the other player eventually gets stuck in eels, we can free him. It's pretty unengaging. Hope your video sheds some light on the situation. Great job.

Archived