Can see on LAN, not on Steam or Arkservers.net

Sando

Hello smart people who know a lot about server hosting...

Im really struggling to get my dedicated server visible outside my LAN.  Spent a lot of time reading about this all over the net, and learning a lot more about routers than i ever wanted to   Everything suggests a port forwarding issue.  I have tried so many different configs at this point, and I have decided I need some hands on help.  Thanks in advance to anyone responding to this.

Some things I have tried:

- Read for dozens of hours on web
- Hosting with steam command - able to see on LAN, not external
- Hosting with the in-game "Run dedicated server", able to see on LAN, not external
- Hosting non-dedicated to see if that can be seen externally (and It can... which makes me wonder)

- I have a router/modem (1), and a router (2):  Made router/modem 1 DMZ FWDd to Router 2 IP (See images linked)

- Tried only using one modem/router, seems to make no difference

- Forwarded ports to the host on both routers (of course) with and without DMZ on Router/Modem 1
- Plugging directly in Router/Modem 1, ditching Router 2, non-DMZ, rechecking IP of host, and FWDing

- Used openportchecker to see if ports are open - nope
- Have tried turning off firewalls in routers and Win 10 SW - Nope
- Have created rules in Win10 to allow port FWDs - nope

Data:
- IPV4 Address of hosting PC is 192.168.1.42 (ipconfig)
Images of router configs

Hoping i have attached all needed data for help...  if not let me know and ill upload or try anything.

• 5 weeks later...

This has been an issue for a lot of people, and there does not seem to be any common fix for it. One thing you might try is adding this to your server launch command line:

-ip your.public.ip.here

I believe this tells the server explicitly which IP to broadcast. You may have to also add this to ensure LAN connections still work:

?MultiHome=your.internal.ip.here

So you end up with a command line something like the following:

ShooterGameServer "TheIsland?listen?MultiHome=192.168.1.42" -ip 12.34.56.78

Disclaimer: I am just repeating information I have read elsewhere. I don't really have a good understanding of these params and have never used them myself. My servers just seem to work.

Also, when you look in the Steam server browser, are you filtering based on some portion of your server name? The server browser is not going to display every existing unofficial server at once. There are just too many of them.

Archived