Fortitude

SmokeyB

Is fortitude any use? Like I know what it does but is its effect worth putting points into. One piece of high quality fur and your never cold even with zero fortitude, high quality flack or riot stops you getting knocked out pretty well with zero fortitude and when I've had 20 fortitude I didn't seem to be able to take any extra hits from a club so not much use there. Also on scorched earth the place you would think it would help the most the weather effects are that strong that your hot with 20 fortitude the same as with zero and a set of high quality ghillie Armour keeps you cool with zero fortitude just the same. But on the other hand I meet some people with like 50 fortitude who swear by it and act like they could never be knocked out.  So is it wasted points that are better off spent on melee or weight? Also is there a sweet spot where it becomes noticeably usefully? I myself have ran around both maps the last few months with zero and not felt like I was at anymore disadvantage than anyone else. 

Clubs are OP as all heck. I usually pump Fortitude to 30-50, because then I don't have to wear heavy Fur or Riot to protect myself. I can just wear Chitin or Flak and never worry about the cold except inside the Snow Cave. It also helps you wake up faster, and it reduces the damage you take and the food/water drain when you're cold/hot. I'd say that, alongside Weight and HP, it's one of the more important stats to boost.

If you're on PvP, I'd probably only go to 30. On PvE, I'd say most of your points should be HP, Weight, and Fortitude. It's a subtle stat and you're not going to notice its effects immediately in the way Melee Damage or Weight present themselves, but it's still a very useful stat.

Playing on PVE I have HP at 300, so I can survive a fall or a surprise attack. fort at 30, Not sure if this really does anything I have mixed results. And weight is the rest of the points. I like to be able to make as few trips back and forth when building/unloading things. One of the old tribe mates thought I was dumb for putting points in weight. You should put it in oxygen... Why? I don't go in the water, and he also put points in melee... and never fought anything without a mount. *shrugs*

7 minutes ago, Jamagh said:

Playing on PVE I have HP at 300, so I can survive a fall or a surprise attack. fort at 30, Not sure if this really does anything I have mixed results. And weight is the rest of the points. I like to be able to make as few trips back and forth when building/unloading things. One of the old tribe mates thought I was dumb for putting points in weight. You should put it in oxygen... Why? I don't go in the water, and he also put points in melee... and never fought anything without a mount. *shrugs*

Oxygen is breath and swimming speed.  I guess if you dont go in the water it isnt useful, but I enjoy my flipper speed without wearing flippers.  As far as melee goes, it helps with harvesting early on but unless you are doing a sword/pike build I wouldn't put any points in later.  Especially on PVE.

I usually rock 20 to 30 fortitude. It's a little help against the elements. I've had a lot of situations where I got the loot because I got up faster also.

Even with good riot helmet etc we have cubs that can 2 shot if the character has decent melee.

I think it's worth investing a small amout in but I'm usually shooting for balanced characters.

its depends on the server type and base locations, aswell as on the map.

in pve i wouldnt put many points into it

PVP the island its usefull because when you attack a base in the snow biome you dont want to be wearing fur, you die to easy.

PVP the center its usefull for the snow cave and lava cave. aswell as PVP in the cold regions.

PVE and PVP Scorched Earth i suggest getting all the points into it you can spare, it helps with water retention; heath and heatstrokes. you dont want to be wearing desert gear all the time.

as for the torpor reduction. early game when you pump fortitude to 10 you can survive 1 hit from a troodon, thats life or death right there. :) 

I usually aim for 30 fort when leveling in pve to help with erratic weather paterns of theisland, and with 30 fort and prim desert gear on SE your pretty comfortable in all but the worst superheats.  Been a big fan of fort for a VERY long time but iv always lived in pretty cold areas (including the ocean) on a primitive server, but I have like....50 on my main character.

I primarily play PvE servers and my Fortitude is always boosted to 50.

This allows me to wear minimal fur which is heavy and doesn't offer much protection. It also allows me to survive the random attacks troodon/snake attacks when drop hunting or dismounting in the wild.

Even on PvP, your melee skill is kind of irrelevant unless you're running around with a club/sword/pike. Once you start relying on guns, all those points in to melee are worthless. Might as well toss those points in to Fortitude instead since the benefits are passive. Health/Weight/Fortitude/Movement Speed are the only stats I worry about, and in that order.

A lot of it depends on preference and what you have vs what I have for how much  forbitude melee how good the weapons are 

From what I have read from tons of different places most people say put points into forbitude

but how much is enough?

in my experience on Xbox official I can basically one shot people in full flak with primitive club with 320 melee how much forbitude they had I got no clue not enough 

with 300 melee its probably like 1-2 but with a good asc club it basically doesn't really matter what you have except if its riot it takes like 1 hit 2 probably at most 

it all depends on how much forbitude you got though and how good the armor is 

Yes, Ive often thought that fortitute is a really useful stat. Im a recent player to ARK (95 hrs played but started just over a month ago). I think Im lvl 68 play on PVE server and have my fortitude up at 30. I can see the difference when flying out at night with just chitin/iron armour. Before I was regularly needing food but it depletes at a lot lower pace than it used to.

Yep same as some others above, my Fort is set at 40 and I run around in Ascendant Riot pants, flak helmet, boots and gloves and no shirt at all LOL. I have no issues now no matter where I go with dieing from the elements.  Not to mention the other benefits from Troodons, clubs, etc.  I had a guy try to knock me out with a club the other day as well and 4-5 hits but couldn't get me out...

On 3/20/2017 at 2:20 PM, SmokeyB said:

Is fortitude any use? Like I know what it does but is its effect worth putting points into. One piece of high quality fur and your never cold even with zero fortitude, high quality flack or riot stops you getting knocked out pretty well with zero fortitude and when I've had 20 fortitude I didn't seem to be able to take any extra hits from a club so not much use there. Also on scorched earth the place you would think it would help the most the weather effects are that strong that your hot with 20 fortitude the same as with zero and a set of high quality ghillie Armour keeps you cool with zero fortitude just the same. But on the other hand I meet some people with like 50 fortitude who swear by it and act like they could never be knocked out.  So is it wasted points that are better off spent on melee or weight? Also is there a sweet spot where it becomes noticeably usefully? I myself have ran around both maps the last few months with zero and not felt like I was at anymore disadvantage than anyone else. 

No, high quality Flak does not stop you from being knocked out. Riot Gear, yes, but Flak offers no torpor reduction. Fortitude and Riot does, and that's it.

That being said, a Club is overpowered. Even at 50 fortitude, you can be one hit knocked out by someone with ~250% melee damage and a Master/Asc Club.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:54 PM, Orion said:

No, high quality Flak does not stop you from being knocked out. Riot Gear, yes, but Flak offers no torpor reduction. Fortitude and Riot does, and that's it.

That being said, a Club is overpowered. Even at 50 fortitude, you can be one hit knocked out by someone with ~250% melee damage and a Master/Asc Club.

300% melee with primitive can like 2-3 shot flak its stupid

So from what it sounds like 40 points of fortitude is needed to ease the weather conditions a bit. But 40 points of fortitude is 20 levels. You can get the same effect probably better with zero fortitude by wearing the correct gear. So are those twenty levels not better spent elsewhere? 

Mc fur chest plus head legs hands and feet Mc flak for example you will never be cold and will have good defence 

Ascendant or Mc gillie protects you from nearly all heat in scorched earth, no matter what fortitude You have,  you don't even lose health during super heat. 

But there are no other ways to get faster or stronger or have more health than to level up, does this make them more valuable end game? 

• 5 months later...

Archived