Perfect Tame (Share in my joy)

DeweyDecimal

Got kibble together and went looking for a 150 anky. Flew off to a spot where they spawn, spotted one, spyglass out, it's a 150. First one I looked at was 150. Sweet. A few tranq arrows later, she's unconscious. Uneventful tame, it felt weird to feel safe. When she stood up, I plugged her stats into a calculator.

Health, Stam, Oxygen, Food.. . All average. Then I got to melee: 49 points.

I'm still in disbelief. 49 points, in melee. I was expecting to have to tame a dozen ankys to find a good roll like that. I'm so excited to get this breeding program going

13 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

I'm not an expert, but it doesn't work. Use the smart breeding calculator instead.

I personally do use the smart breeding one. But in 90% sure that for a fresh tamed dino with no domestic levels the dododex and any other calculator like it will work. 

A tamed dino with no domestic levels in it has the same stat equation as a wild dino.

OP: that's awesome that you found one with 49 points on first try, not going to get much higher without extreme amounts of taming.

Will a perfect ankylo be better then a decent mantis though? base speed and carry weight included.

Just now, ncola7 said:

I personally do use the smart breeding one. But in 90% sure that for a fresh tamed dino with no domestic levels the dododex and any other calculator like it will work. 

A tamed dino with no domestic levels in it has the same stat equation as a wild dino.

OP: that's awesome that you found one with 49 points on first try, not going to get much higher without extreme amounts of taming.

Will a perfect ankylo be better then a decent mantis though? base speed and carry weight included.

I just checked it, if you'd like an example, both dododex and the SA companion say that a post tame ankylo at level 224 with 400 melee is 60 points. And 400 melee is certainly not 60 points, check it on the smart breeding tool

35 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

I just checked it, if you'd like an example, both dododex and the SA companion say that a post tame ankylo at level 224 with 400 melee is 60 points. And 400 melee is certainly not 60 points, check it on the smart breeding tool

I don't have access to my breeding tool but 400% melee being 60 points sounds about right.

7 hours ago, DeweyDecimal said:

Got kibble together and went looking for a 150 anky. Flew off to a spot where they spawn, spotted one, spyglass out, it's a 150. First one I looked at was 150. Sweet. A few tranq arrows later, she's unconscious. Uneventful tame, it felt weird to feel safe. When she stood up, I plugged her stats into a calculator.

Health, Stam, Oxygen, Food.. . All average. Then I got to melee: 49 points.

I'm still in disbelief. 49 points, in melee. I was expecting to have to tame a dozen ankys to find a good roll like that. I'm so excited to get this breeding program going

Im really happy for your 150 tame, but nowhere near is your animal having 49 points into melee, U have to check it BEFORE u actually complete the tame, 49 points is something u will be looking at a second generation bred animal usually... the trick is that after actually taming it it got a lucky boost of randomly distributed points, and those points wont carry over when u will breed it...

4 hours ago, Zubsero said:

the trick is that after actually taming it it got a lucky boost of randomly distributed points, and those points wont carry over when u will breed it...

This is wrong, bred stats are based on the stats right after the dino is tamed, but some are harder to calculate because they get a bonus after taming. You can look the bonuses up on http://ark.gamepedia.com.  Here is the Anky's page http://ark.gamepedia.com/Ankylosaurus.  Scroll down to the stats and you'll see that for melee the Anky gets an additive bonus of 14% and a multiplicative bonus of 17.6%.  It just takes some simple math to get the number of points into melee if you know the taming effectiveness. The stat you see on your dino after taming is (post tame stat + additive bonus) * (1 + taming effectiveness * multiplicative bonus). So solve for post tame stat and you get (stat you see) / (1 + taming effectiveness * multiplicative bonus) - additive bonus.  Since you said 49 points I'm going to assume the melee you saw was about 345%, and the taming effectiveness for a perfect tame anky on official at 1x is 99.2%.  Plug in the numbers and you get 345% / (1 + .992 * .176) - 14% = 279.7%. Melee is always a multiple of 5 so we'll round that to 280%, and that's the number you use to get the points into melee which is (280 - 100) / 5 = 36.  You can use the same equation for a baby's stats if you haven't imprinted yet, but use 100% for taming effectiveness.

For most dinos, melee and food are the only stats that get a taming bonus, so the other stats you can just plug into any stat calculator.

tl;dr - Your Anky has about 36 points in melee.

22 minutes ago, Crows said:

Ok. Brain-fart/noob-moment here but how do you know if something's a perfect tame? what's with all the calculations etc? can somebody simply explain how you find out if something is a perfect tame or not? I usually use dododex FYI. 

Level 150 100% taming effectiveness eg: you don't hit you tame, it gives you extra level/stats

Just now, ILuvTheAwesomeDevs said:

Level 150 100% taming effectiveness eg: you don't hit you tame, it gives you extra level/stats

Oh I understand that, but... wait, so even tranqing a tame like normal won't give you 100% effectiveness? I'm confused lol. I know not to hit them AFTER they go unconscious though,  learned that the hard way.

Archived