Underwater Bases

BobRoss

With 29/03 approaching, who else is curious about the underwater bases?

are they going to use the TEK structures for the bases or implement entirely new structures for the bases? will it be with airlocks and anti-pressure systems?

give me your ideas, im thrilled for this update :D 

on a side note, whats gonna be so special about the Mosa saddle? will it be related to these bases or something entirely different?

23 hours ago, Harrist14 said:

I just hope that we can build what we want as long as it has a water pump or whatever, and that it isn't something that's constantly running and uses element like a generator uses gas. That's my worry and it would be annoying 

so you hope its the structures we have now, like stone and metal but with an additional thing that pumps the water out of it and filters the air out of it? am i understanding it clear?

i myself hope they implement a whole new tier, like the greenhouse, which is pressure resistant and an airlock type structure you have to put as a door.

14 hours ago, utteroi said:

Im usually optimistic, but probably gonna be a buggy mess where you will lose water tames and valuables, including element. cheers

lets hope not :o i am far from killing bosses right now so i hope i can get into the underwater building sooner! ive been thrilled for a long time

24 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

so you hope its the structures we have now, like stone and metal but with an additional thing that pumps the water out of it and filters the air out of it? am i understanding it clear?

i myself hope they implement a whole new tier, like the greenhouse, which is pressure resistant and an airlock type structure you have to put as a door.

I wasn't talking about materials, either of those would be fine, I just meant that I hope it isn't like a premade pod thing that you place, like a tent for underwater. They just haven't said that much about it and that was a concern of mine. It seems like they have an issue establishing closed buildings, for example raining or sandstorms inside buildings. That's why I worried that maybe they wouldn't be able to manage it with any size/shaped structure

8 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

I wasn't talking about materials, either of those would be fine, I just meant that I hope it isn't like a premade pod thing that you place, like a tent for underwater. They just haven't said that much about it and that was a concern of mine. It seems like they have an issue establishing closed buildings, for example raining or sandstorms inside buildings. That's why I worried that maybe they wouldn't be able to manage it with any size/shaped structure

ah i see, yeah i hope they will let us be creative with it and not let i be a pre determined shape otherwise every underwater base has the same weaknesses...

12 hours ago, BobRoss said:

lets hope not :o i am far from killing bosses right now so i hope i can get into the underwater building sooner! ive been thrilled for a long time

Yeah, I am about to start farming element soon, so also hoping its not a hot mess.. only time will tell.

I just want underwater bases to not be reliant on element. I am yet to attack the bosses as I'm having some serious trouble finding rex's on my server that are worth the tame. so far we have come up with 2 level 125's. Everyone else is also having trouble locating any rex over 135. I kill and I kill and I kill every rex I see just having zero luck in getting a high levels and zero chance of getting element

13 hours ago, BobRoss said:

ah i see, yeah i hope they will let us be creative with it and not let i be a pre determined shape otherwise every underwater base has the same weaknesses...

13 hours ago, Harrist14 said:

There are videos of the dev kit already released. YouTube has a few now. They're basically just 1x1 squares that snap together. From my understanding from what I can see (and could be completely wrong) they're going to be very basic in terms of design. It's not going to be like how you build up on land where you can have holes everywhere, etc. Everything I've seen shows them as Tek Tier and random comments talk about some device required to maintain the air levels underwater inside the base so I assume that element will also be required, which sucks.

13 minutes ago, Thalantyr said:

There are videos of the dev kit already released. YouTube has a few now. They're basically just 1x1 squares that snap together. From my understanding from what I can see (and could be completely wrong) they're going to be very basic in terms of design. It's not going to be like how you build up on land where you can have holes everywhere, etc. Everything I've seen shows them as Tek Tier and random comments talk about some device required to maintain the air levels underwater inside the base so I assume that element will also be required, which sucks.

Lame AF

On 3/20/2017 at 5:35 AM, BobRoss said:

With 29/03 approaching, who else is curious about the underwater bases?

are they going to use the TEK structures for the bases or implement entirely new structures for the bases? will it be with airlocks and anti-pressure systems?

give me your ideas, im thrilled for this update :D 

on a side note, whats gonna be so special about the Mosa saddle? will it be related to these bases or something entirely different?

My guess which will be right is that you can use any structure like metal, make the base and they will have some sort of generator that sucks water out and seals it. You will have to have double doors for air air pocket because if you open a single door the flood gates will open

6 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

My guess which will be right is that you can use any structure like metal, make the base and they will have some sort of generator that sucks water out and seals it. You will have to have double doors for air air pocket because if you open a single door the flood gates will open

but how will that work though? u accidenly flood ur base and all electicity breaks? im still hoping its some kind of new structure tier like the greenhouse, maybe something like reinforced plexi glass?

6 hours ago, spacejam said:

I just want underwater bases to not be reliant on element. I am yet to attack the bosses as I'm having some serious trouble finding rex's on my server that are worth the tame. so far we have come up with 2 level 125's. Everyone else is also having trouble locating any rex over 135. I kill and I kill and I kill every rex I see just having zero luck in getting a high levels and zero chance of getting element

Yeah that would be a huge let down, we already have tek tier as High end base, no need for 2 structure tiers.

6 hours ago, Thalantyr said:

i hope this wont be the case, ive been looking forward to this for a long time. i wanted to create something atlantis like :o

1 hour ago, Avadiator said:

i personally am hoping its a seperate set of structures made of metal/poly. it will be amazing, personally i love underwater, swimming all around 1k oxy and nothing touches u with swim fins :)

im hoping for this too, and i hope its transparant too, or atleast make a mix of them, transparant and solid walls. the view through these transparant windows into the ocean would be so relaxing!

57 minutes ago, Thalantyr said:

This is all I have seen so far... no idea whether it's the underwater bases or not.

The 1x1 cube matches the picture Wildcard used at GDC on the slide talking about underwater bases.  So I think it's safe to say these ARE underwater structures.  Hopefully there are more than these though or it's going to be pretty lame.  Assuming they are tek free, they will be handy and better than nothing, but probably fall a long way short on what people hoped for underwater bases.

Archived