Failed to load mod map

Stalksalot

it sounds like one of the mods on the server is out of date, another possibility is the server is using a mod that has been removed from the steam workshop.

When the mod is updates on steam the clients will generally download the newest version when they start, and the server will still have the older version.  Sometimes a mod is removed from the workshop by the author and so the client can not find it, but the server still has it installed and is telling the client to go get it.

Basically the mod system is broken but it looks like it can't be fixed.  In an ideal world a serve  would have mods installed, and tell the client to go get mod blah version 1 and all would be good, when version 2 is out the client could still use version 1 until the server updates to version 2.  But this isnt that world so we have a brain dead mod system that is versionless.  

• 1 month later...

Maybe try the following which works for me (assumed that the mods on the server are always updated):

• Close the game
  • Unsubscribe from the mods
  • Move to the directory "<your_drive_name>:\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\346110"
    • If you know the mod-Ids then delete the folders with the respective Id
  • Move to the directory "<your_drive_name>:\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods"
    • Here you will do the same: Delete the folders with the respective Id
    • And also delete the files with following format: <mod_id>.mod
  • Subscribe to the mods again and wait for the download to finish
  • Start the game and wait until all mods are installed

I hope I could help :)

Archived