Story of the Ark

DinoDash

16 minutes ago, Nayrok said:

Wildcard hasn't announced anything about the lore yet outside of the vague and ambiguous Explorer notes so we'll just have to wait for release to find out the real story 

I feel that the fun of lore is putting together the pieces that you have and then just filling in the blanks. Although yes the story has not been developed very much yet.

So far all we know is the ark is nothing but a giant test tube created by aliens for us survivors who have no clue why we're here. Fan fiction Suggests it's a test to see how fast humanity can evolve when pressed against extreme dangers and circumstances. Also a literal iteration of the idea of Darwinism  (survival of the fittest). The goal supposedly is to escape the ark and the experiment.

I love this topic...so from being a gamer who tries to find all of the stuff hidden in games, I have collected most of the notes from the island and scorched earth.  So here's what I can piece together (this might be a large post, and also Spoilers if you want to read these for yourself)

Ok so the explorer that has the most input is Helena, she has her own notes and also she is the creator of the dossiers.  From what is know of her background she is from modern Australia, a biologist, and field explorer.  She gives the most input and info on the dinos and the ark itself in terms of a modern type of story telling.  It seems that time in ARK has no meaning as she has see countless sunrises and sunsets, and also she has communitcated and even joined other survivors that also have explorer notes.  This is interesting because Rockwell and Mei Yin are from different time periods in history, concluding that the environment is artificial and without time.  Another aspect she brings up is the fact that unlike the earth, the predator to prey ratio is completely off as there are way more predators than prey animals and yet the balance in the ARK is still maintained and replenished.  Helena also manages to get herself transported to scorched earth by accident, and she begins to study the creatures and survivors there.

Another issue (though it makes it more authentic) is that some of the explorers write in their own language requiring you to translate it by other means outside the game.  And from looking at the wiki not all have been translated yet.  I hope this gives you some insight.

• 1 month later...

On 3/23/2017 at 8:22 PM, gfan84 said:

I love this topic...so from being a gamer who tries to find all of the stuff hidden in games, I have collected most of the notes from the island and scorched earth.  So here's what I can piece together (this might be a large post, and also Spoilers if you want to read these for yourself)

Ok so the explorer that has the most input is Helena, she has her own notes and also she is the creator of the dossiers.  From what is know of her background she is from modern Australia, a biologist, and field explorer.  She gives the most input and info on the dinos and the ark itself in terms of a modern type of story telling.  It seems that time in ARK has no meaning as she has see countless sunrises and sunsets, and also she has communitcated and even joined other survivors that also have explorer notes.  This is interesting because Rockwell and Mei Yin are from different time periods in history, concluding that the environment is artificial and without time.  Another aspect she brings up is the fact that unlike the earth, the predator to prey ratio is completely off as there are way more predators than prey animals and yet the balance in the ARK is still maintained and replenished.  Helena also manages to get herself transported to scorched earth by accident, and she begins to study the creatures and survivors there.

Another issue (though it makes it more authentic) is that some of the explorers write in their own language requiring you to translate it by other means outside the game.  And from looking at the wiki not all have been translated yet.  I hope this gives you some insight.

I have also been researching thoroughly and found the same things. Some new info. On the island Helena and Rockwell were friendly and talked a lot about the nature of the ARK as well as the oblisks. Nerva controls an alpha tribe and eventually goes after Mei Yen aka "The Beast Queen". Rockwell gets a tribe called "The Iron Brotherhood" to collect artifacts after happening upon one one day exploring. They activate an obilisk and fight the Broodmother. I am unclear whether or not they won, but the battle was devastating. Helena, after hearing their stories, collects artifacts and teams up with Mei Yen, whom she had observed previously and made a reluctant friend, to fight the Megapethicus. They won because Mei Yen is awesome! After they came back out Nerva and Rockwell ambushed them, Nerva to take out Mel Yen; Rockwell because he is obsessed with the obilesks and thinks Helena is hiding something. Side note to this: Rockwell doesn't let Helena see him so she didn't know he did that. After that the island notes end and Helena and Rockwell go to scorched. Not a lot of info at first, although I do have to point out that Helena eludes to other "choices" than the desert, and Rockwell talks about some lost tek labled with the inscription of ARK. The only noteable thing I have noticed is he affirmation of being in a space station. Those exact words are used...space station. She also mentions the world borders and death worms are the barriers that keep us in on Scorched. She says the island was an island not to hard to keep us on it. I am at a stand still atm. I plan to hunt down the rest of Helen's and Rockwell's notes soon. I hope this helps! Survive well.

• 3 months later...

Archived