Opinions on best dino to go against the tek bosses?

Killhorde

3 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Even if you don't believe in the test dummy, you can do the math itself to calculate the damage. Therizino does less base damage and has less DPS. With dummy or without.

@iAmE You can't compare two different damage types with different thatch multipliers. Rex and Therizino have the same multiplier on Thatch. It doesn't matter if you hit a thatch thing or a wood thing or a living thing. Their attacks will always show the same. Therizino will always do less damage than a Rex.

Please show your math then. What is the exact attack speed of both dinosaurs then. It shouldn't be hard.

PS: I circumvented the entire thatch multiplier issue by testing Therizino vs Rex killing a level 1 Bronto. The Therizino won 5/5 times, by about one bite each time. 

55 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Please show your math then. What is the exact attack speed of both dinosaurs then. It shouldn't be hard.

PS: I circumvented the entire thatch multiplier issue by testing Therizino vs Rex killing a level 1 Bronto. The Therizino won 5/5 times, by about one bite each time. 

I provided actual numbers. Please do the same. Brontos health, damage per attack, TTK on both dinos. If you can do that, I will admitt that the Therizino does more damage.

To your question:

The Rex has a firerate of 1.19 and the Therizino has a firerate of 1.40.

Now if you throw these numbers into the formula, you get 72.8 DPS for Therizino on creatures and 73.78 DPS for Rex on a wild creature multiplier.

14 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

I provided actual numbers. Please do the same. Brontos health, damage per attack, TTK on both dinos. If you can do that, I will admitt that the Therizino does more damage.

To your question:

The Rex has a firerate of 1.19 and the Therizino has a firerate of 1.40.

If 1.19 and 1.4 are the attacks per second, that would show that therizinos do more DPS...is that not what you're meaning by fire rate? 1.19x60=71.4, 1.4x52=72.8

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2017 at 4:34 PM, spacejam said:

should spawn in 2 level ones and then max them both in damage and go head to head. the test dummy can be unreliable at times

Comparing them as lvl 1 or lvl 2 is meaningless since the rex gains 3.1 melee per wild level and the therizino gets only 2.6. This is on top of the rex also having higher base melee. So right off the bat, a 150 tamed of each with the same amount of points into melee, the rex is already substantially stronger. 

Additionally, rex has higher base health by around 25% AND it gains 220 per wild level, while theri gets only 174 per wild level. 

My rexes i'm using for boss fights have around 25k health, 750-800% melee, 2300 stam, 1k weight, and according to a training dummy get quite a bit over 10k DPS.

As for this theory that Theri piles on the boss better, pfft... no. If you had much experience in boss fights you'd know you want to pile into the boss as much as possible.

I will say from personal experience with bosses on official servers using both methods.

Ive found the main differences to be this:

- Theri is easier to get onto the boss, most theri make it while lots of rexs get stuck (easy fix with some better planning or more people to help, im solo)

- veggie cakes help the most. Such nicr regen vs unridde. Rexs.

Biggest difference most boss - goers will notice, which currently is the best way to beat BM: Rexs can pin the boss easily where as theriz its a lot harder. with theriz you as the rider need to pin bm inside her butt

Archived