martians1

Cant Join Private Non Dedicated Server

Cant Join Private Non Dedicated Server

My brother and I just started playing Ark a couple weeks ago, and I've been hosting a private non dedicated server just for the 2 of us.

After we did the update yesterday, my brother cant join my game anymore (it says unable to join private server after I invite him)

does anyone know a fix for this so we can continue playing on a private game? (we dont want to play on a public server until we learn the game a little more) :)

thanks 

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the fix for this made it into todays update.  At least as per Jat and Jen on twitter.  They are now very aware of it as they tried it out after I asked them about it today so hopefully the next update whenever that is might have a fix.

Sorry for the bad news.  I wonder if you might be able to show as not visible to anyone but friends or having the non-dedicated server owner go "invisible" and then invite the other player to work around this until then.

22 minutes ago, jcmeyer5 said:

Didn't know about it?  We've been talking about it since last Friday.  Don't they read?

Not sure why they didn't see it.  I pinged a couple on it via twitter as well.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I just wanted to make sure that you guys knew.

And my workaround likely won't work as it'd just make it show up in the server list anyway I'm guessing. :(

Okay, so I did a test and private, non-dedicated I still get the "you can't join a private server" message.  If I DONT mark it private, then it will connect and work (change from last patch where it would connect but not leave the splash screen).  From what I can gather, there is no way to prevent others from joining other than the check box for private?  Admin password won't even get it done?  Can we reduce the slots from 4 to 2?

This still appears to be broken, for almost a year now.

I recently bought this for my son and we thought it was so cool we got a second copy so we could play together on our xboxes. We're very disappointed we can't play private, non-dedicated sessions together. My son was very upset when a stranger joined our session the other day -- I had read someone else suggest that privacy settings for the child account would prevent that but it isn't the case.

Please fix this. The game is fantastic but that's some basic core functionality, broken for months. In the future I'll have to read the forums before deciding to invest in a game from Wildcard or Instinct (much less multiple copies).

Hello Ark Devs,

I'd just like to bump up the importance of resolving this issue of "Private Match" not working on Non-Dedicated Servers, at least on the XBOX. 

I have been playing a Non-Dedicated Server Session game with my brother for some time now on XBOX.  We love the game, but are unable to invite him into a Non-Dedicated session if I check "Private Match" as the host, and when we don't check the box we are getting multiple random people joining our game uninvited - sometimes at the most inopportune times.   This is extremely annoying and a major disruption to our enjoyment of the game.

Can we please, please, please increase the priority of fixing this issue and allowing us to password protect private matches?

Thank you!!

I know this has been hashed out numerous times in the past and does not seem to have been addressed or resolved. Recently got this game on Xbox to play on a private non dedicated server with my son. (have two xbox and two games on separate accounts).  Tried to host a private non dedicated server as I do on PS4 with other friends but it wont work on Xbox. Reading the forums it appears this has been the case for a couple of years now ?. Is there any fix planned ? Have Ark acknowledged it is even an issue ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hi sorry about this me and my brother have been playing ark past week and have tried to use the private match but we are both having problems with join one another with it ticked and getting annoyed with people able to join our session being idiots with how long this issues has been brought up I would have thought with the recent Valentine's update there would have been a patch for this issues please fix this issue as I'm sure it is spoiling the game for some people to sit back and just play with friends even if their is a tether limit which I wouldn't mind that going or extended on Xbox 

Posted (edited)

I'm having the same issue..... building things up... then to be ransacked with troll's coming in to just mess and take things off sleeping bodies..... doesn't matter if you have codes on the doors they just brake them too.... and keep on going... till they are caught and you sign out or kill them.

Edited by Talagirl