Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SharkLordSatan

Can't even get past the main menu..

Can't even get past the main menu..

Alright, so normally I'm the kind of person who doesn't mind what Wildcard does but I think this update has really screwed things up for me.

I'm having a problem where I literally cannot play the game. This is because whenever I try to start the game and go to the main menu, upon pressing 'start' the game freezes (but still plays music). It doesn't do anything else and I end up having to force-close the game. I also have tried joining a server thru my friends list but that doesn't work either as I'm almost immediately met with a black screen - again, where the game is basically frozen and the music is still playing.

HOWEVER this is what really trips me up. Apparently my other friend who plays Ark has no problem starting the game and joining serversmeaning that this problem is apparently on my side or something. I'd rather not uninstall and reinstall the game but honestly I don't know what else to do.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Have you tried restarting or doing a hard restart (hold down the power button until it shuts down and then press it again to start it back up)?

Sometimes post update you need to do this to get the game working.  Guessing something is cached or not loading and it fails to render.

55 minutes ago, mleii said:

Have you tried restarting or doing a hard restart (hold down the power button until it shuts down and then press it again to start it back up)?

Sometimes post update you need to do this to get the game working.  Guessing something is cached or not loading and it fails to render.

Yes, I have tried hard-restarting the xbox. Hasn't worked.