Well maybe it was just only a few servers and you guys got lucky enough not to be effected, but I do know for a fact that a lot of servers were so laggy that no one could load into the game and actually play. We lost babys, and 20 lvl 260 Rex's that we had loaded up for the boss fights, thankfully we had 2 eggs left and are currently rebuilding those forces. so I guess your right. I shouldn't speak for everyone, but I know a majority agreed with me. After they took the servers down for 15 minutes the other day, the lag issues have gone down by way more than I asked for. I'm content with the way it is now, and I'm addicted to tek gear. But my point was a lot of servers couldn't even be played in. I'm glad you guys were lucky enough not to experience what a vast majority of others were experiencing. I have patience but that was ridiculous, countless man hours were lost, I have a right to be upset about that. It may be pre alpha, but I did pay 60 bucks for it, and a lot of us were unable to play. I feel like my concerns were justified. But they've fixed it now, so I'm no longer upset 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

There is a response, you probably just don't like it.. the game is still under development, and being as ambitious as it is, with the scope of everything you can do, it's gonna take awhile and they clearly state that the game isn't even in beta yet. Content will be priority and other things such as bug fixes and smoothing out gameplay will happen after the content. There is plenty of communication you just have to put forth some effort and BE PATIENT. I've had Ark since it was available on xbox1 and it's night and day how much better everything is at this point. The game is improving, just calm your mammorys.

Can you show me in the ps store description where it is clearly stated that this is an alpha? Because my ps store description painted this game as nearly complete and due for full release in spring 2017. Guess what, it's spring of 2017 and its barley in a beta state.

Description

The ARK: Survivor's Pack gives PS4 players a fully up-to-date version of ARK: Survival Evolved that includes all previously released content, plus Scorched Earth ARK's first Expansion Pack. This version includes exclusive PS4 content including a Bionic Giga skin plus an entire Manicore armor set for all male and female characters, and players will also receive regular game content updates. The game will grow over time until it releases as a final product in Spring 2017. Tame, train, breed, and ride dinosaurs in the most exciting open-world action-adventure survival game ever created! As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements.

On 3/19/2017 at 6:21 PM, Kronik said:

I agree with you, they need to fix their crap servers before adding new things. Ive lost 3 %100 imprint wyverns within this pass week due to the broken servers.

Damn that sux, this game is so broken it is not even funny. I was talking up this game and encouraging others to get it. NO MORE! I will tell everyone to save their money and go nowhere near this title!

42 minutes ago, GavinChester said:

Damn that sux, this game is so broken it is not even funny. I was talking up this game and encouraging others to get it. NO MORE! I will tell everyone to save their money and go nowhere near this title!

OR maybe wait until full release when they have fixed most of this stuff... That's your main guarantee for a smooth gaming experience, not an EA title.

5 hours ago, Khalton said:

Can you show me in the ps store description where it is clearly stated that this is an alpha? Because my ps store description painted this game as nearly complete and due for full release in spring 2017. Guess what, it's spring of 2017 and its barley in a beta state.

Description

The ARK: Survivor's Pack gives PS4 players a fully up-to-date version of ARK: Survival Evolved that includes all previously released content, plus Scorched Earth ARK's first Expansion Pack. This version includes exclusive PS4 content including a Bionic Giga skin plus an entire Manicore armor set for all male and female characters, and players will also receive regular game content updates. The game will grow over time until it releases as a final product in Spring 2017. Tame, train, breed, and ride dinosaurs in the most exciting open-world action-adventure survival game ever created! As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements.

The game will grow over time until it releases as a final product in Spring 2017... spring just started... game not a final product equals alpha/beta stages... the more you know.. reading comprehension ftw...

3 hours ago, GavinChester said:

Best 50 bucks I've ever spent on a game.. 120ish real days played.. you know why? I stuck it out and didn't complain when bugs and glitches happened.. game is infinitely better then when it first released for me on xbox1, the game just started on ps so BE PATIENT, final product isn't out yet..

16 hours ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

The game will grow over time until it releases as a final product in Spring 2017... spring just started... game not a final product equals alpha/beta stages... the more you know.. reading comprehension ftw...

I'm sorry that you want to defend them, never heard of a game that goes from alpha to finished in 3-5 months most alphas are 2-3 years and most betas about the same. This game needs at least a year to be where it could be called a finished product. Just about every core mechanic is broken or flawed. Read the forums if you need proof or just kill some thing in air, drive a boat with a plat form around and clip through every thing, take a few days worth of taming and then find out how many will simply vanish for no reason. But hey you want to pretend they didn't charge us full price on a false narrative then by all means keep giving them your money. I know they won't be getting any more of mine.

37 minutes ago, Khalton said:

I'm sorry that you want to defend them, never heard of a game that goes from alpha to finished in 3-5 months most alphas are 2-3 years and most betas about the same. This game needs at least a year to be where it could be called a finished product. Just about every core mechanic is broken or flawed. Read the forums if you need proof or just kill some thing in air, drive a boat with a plat form around and clip through every thing, take a few days worth of taming and then find out how many will simply vanish for no reason. But hey you want to pretend they didn't charge us full price on a false narrative then by all means keep giving them your money. I know they won't be getting any more of mine.

The game has been in development for over a year and a half.. you should do some research before coming to qq on the forums.. bottom line is, you accepted the charges willingly without doing any research and now you want to cry about it. Be an adult and be patient or don't spend another dime on anything till you do your due diligence as a responsible, mature person..

On 24/03/2017 at 7:10 PM, Khalton said:

That's the problem with you sort of people, sure quick to call people fan boys or brown nosing or accuse people of defending something just because they are telling you facts.

Nothing was sold at full price, look at the price of things like BF3, BF4 and now BF1 all of them at release where £60 (GBP) Then you either spend another £40 to get the 4 DLCs or buy them separate for 11.99 each that's £100 or £108. I paid £30 for this game, or I could have paid £40 for the game with Scorched Earth.

So if you want to pretend it's full price then that's up to you but there's the facts for you.

This game has only been on PS4 for 4 months, it's been on PC for about 2 years and Xbox for 1 year, so yes it's a long way off from it's full release, like most if not all games, their release gets pushed back further and further as new mechanics and core game play is added as it'll always cause unforeseen problems. As for taming, I've played since December and not once has anything I tamed just vanished, in fact, last night I went and added 4 new dinos to my collection and none of them vanished.

What needs to be done is to find the people in charge and string them up by their wrist and give them 20 to 30 lashes with a horse whip then tell them to do their job and start fixing this game before putting more crap in it. I've started playing this last year and they haven't made any progress the same glitches they had then they still have only they have allowed them to get worse. If I wasn't stuck in this wheelchair I would be hunting them now to have a personal conversation about screwing over their customers. they even said they were not focusing on the glitches that were breaking the game, but only on glitches that made it possible for people with jobs or school to play this game.

2 hours ago, Hoss45Cal said:

What needs to be done is to find the people in charge and string them up by their wrist and give them 20 to 30 lashes with a horse whip then tell them to do their job and start fixing this game before putting more crap in it. I've started playing this last year and they haven't made any progress the same glitches they had then they still have only they have allowed them to get worse. If I wasn't stuck in this wheelchair I would be hunting them now to have a personal conversation about screwing over their customers. they even said they were not focusing on the glitches that were breaking the game, but only on glitches that made it possible for people with jobs or school to play this game.

Everyone feels differently, I guess. Me, I don't feel screwed in the least bit. Frustrated at times, but not screwed. I paid for this game almost a year and a half ago knowing that bugs were going to take a back seat to content. But, that's what happens when you play a game in EA that doesn't have all the content added yet. 

When they finally finish adding content, that's when we will see all the bugs getting patched, not just specific bugs. We have to remeber that this is a unique situation. Most games you play early during beta, when the content is finished and they are looking for bugs to fix. We have the privilege of playing this game during its alpha phase. 

Not to say I haven't had moments where I wanted to put a controller through the wall, but I don't blame the devs for it simply because the game isn't finished yet.

On 3/23/2017 at 11:20 AM, GobboKirk said:

Despite the flaws in the current state of the game, this is by far the most playable content filled early access game out there in my eyes.

Alpha is an development stage, it is not supposed to be filled with tons of playable purchasable DLCs. If they wanted to test Scorching Earth or whatever it was called, the content would have been free. Development is usually the priority. AAA companies focus on quality, Indies' focus on money.

WoW had its beta and released in 2004; the first expansion was released in 2007 iirc. There were out of beta let alone alpha when this was released. I can go on, Alpha is a development stage. Early access is a cesspool. Since 2013, here is the list of released and unreleased titles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Steam_Early_Access_games

This is why Sony wanted no part of this mess at first, they know what these indie people are all about, and why these like early access and KS have such a bad name. Mark my words, Ark will not release officially. Their plan is to simply make a killing here, if possible.

They are not taking this alpha stage as a developmental tool, but a cash grab. This is the final product, you will get some updates and new content here and there but, as you stated, this is the most content filled early access title out there, dont you all find that...rather strange....?

56 minutes ago, MoneyCorrupts said:

Alpha is an development stage, it is not supposed to be filled with tons of playable purchasable DLCs. If they wanted to test Scorching Earth or whatever it was called, the content would have been free. Development is usually the priority. AAA companies focus on quality, Indies' focus on money.

WoW had its beta and released in 2004; the first expansion was released in 2007 iirc. There were out of beta let alone alpha when this was released. I can go on, Alpha is a development stage. Early access is a cesspool. Since 2013, here is the list of released and unreleased titles.

This is why Sony wanted no part of this mess at first, they know what these indie people are all about, and why these like early access and KS have such a bad name. Mark my words, Ark will not release officially. Their plan is to simply make a killing here, if possible.

They are not taking this alpha stage as a developmental tool, but a cash grab. This is the final product, you will get some updates and new content here and there but, as you stated, this is the most content filled early access title out there, dont you all find that...rather strange....?

Isn't it strange for anyone to do anything unprecedented?

I sincerely hope you are wrong about this. I know if I were them, and had put as much work into this title as they have at this point, there would be no way I wouldn't see it through to the end. 

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, MoneyCorrupts said:

First, whatever DLC any game company wishes to sell before their product goes live is totally at the game company's discretion. Just look at all the finished triple A games that sell seasons passes before their game hits their street date. Second, ARK is not the first nor will it be the last game company to sell DLC during the early access phase. Players just tend to ignore that fact because all the other DLC sold by other EA games come in the form of skins, albums, or soundtracks. Rather than fleece you by re-selling you things you already have (as is the case with soundtracks, since the music is already in the game, you just paid to not need the game running to listen to it), they opted to give more than just items already in the game.

54 minutes ago, MoneyCorrupts said:

Considering that Sony distributed 7 Days to Die (yet another Early Access game) long before ARK, it's clear that they're not shy of selling early access games, it's just that they have weird stipulations about distributing them.

5 hours ago, MoneyCorrupts said:

I find it 2000+ hrs enjoyable actually...
I buy games to play them, not to find new reasons to put on my tinfoil hat....
People cry on their broken records about Early access but keep forking out the cash like sheep...
Anyone with that takes 30mins to research knows what they are getting themselves into, if they don't well they get a cheap life lesson.

11 hours ago, Bigskybear said:

Isn't it strange for anyone to do anything unprecedented?

I sincerely hope you are wrong about this. I know if I were them, and had put as much work into this title as they have at this point, there would be no way I wouldn't see it through to the end. 

You can do things never done before, such as camping on the freeway roasting marshmallows. That does not mean you are bright, or have great ideas.

I will not be wrong in the end; just enjoy Ark for what it is. It is a solid game, buggy and lackluster development, but the game is decent nobody will refute that. Sorry to inform you, Ark will never, ever, release, period, end of discussion. They are comfortable being on early access, which is why they release paid content.

The developmental process  is not a priority, content is. They released paid content for crying out loud...this was not about testing people... otherwise it would have been free.It is crazy that people are brainwashed into thinking this is somehow...right? That is an oxymoron, content now, development later? Ever wonder why other games release DLCs year after year? Their excuse not to optimize is silly.

That is akin to saying, you want to put on muscle mass little man? Prioritize cutting your macros.

What they are doing makes absolutely no sense.

8 hours ago, MoneyCorrupts said:

You can do things never done before, such as camping on the freeway roasting marshmallows. That does not mean you are bright, or have great ideas.

I will not be wrong in the end; just enjoy Ark for what it is. It is a solid game, buggy and lackluster development, but the game is decent nobody will refute that. Sorry to inform you, Ark will never, ever, release, period, end of discussion. They are comfortable being on early access, which is why they release paid content.

The developmental process  is not a priority, content is. They released paid content for crying out loud...this was not about testing people... otherwise it would have been free.It is crazy that people are brainwashed into thinking this is somehow...right? That is an oxymoron, content now, development later? Ever wonder why other games release DLCs year after year? Their excuse not to optimize is silly.

That is akin to saying, you want to put on muscle mass little man? Prioritize cutting your macros.

What they are doing makes absolutely no sense.

I don't know...I wouldn't be to quick to rush to that judgement just yet. I'm not saying it isn't a possibility,  anything is possible. However, last I checked, they are a heck of a lot closer to the end of their unreleased content list than they were last year. There are only 8-9 dino dossiers left to release, for example. At the rate they have been releasing dinos, one could assume that means we are only 2-3 months to having the last of them added.

Add that to the fact that the game runs miles better than it did when I first started playing a year and a half ago, and I would say we are seeing some honest work here.

But then, only time will tell for sure.

Business plan.

Game is lagging like mad lets get this fixed.

Fixed. Lets release new content.

Result. New content added but Dino's are disappearing.

Lets fix that bug.

Bug fixed. Lets release new content.

So on and so on.

Do you see a pattern here. A good game moving forward.

Now lets look at the reality. 

Release new content.

The game is still lagging.

Release new content.

So on and so on.

See the problem. Its not hard

8 hours ago, Deathlyangel02 said:

Business plan.

Game is lagging like mad lets get this fixed.

Fixed. Lets release new content.

Result. New content added but Dino's are disappearing.

Lets fix that bug.

Bug fixed. Lets release new content.

So on and so on.

Do you see a pattern here. A good game moving forward.

Now lets look at the reality. 

Release new content.

The game is still lagging.

Release new content.

So on and so on.

See the problem. Its not hard

If it were only a matter of squashing a bug or two, maybe. But this game is still under construction, and hasn't even hit the optimization phase yet. It will take months at least to comb over this game and work everything out, just for new bugs to appear when new content gets added. Heck, it may even cause some of the old bugs to come back.

As one of the moderators stated in a different thread, if we still had a huge amount of content left to add, I would be willing to vote for a break to add some TLC. However, we are very close to the end of content release, and all resources will be diverted to bug fixing at that point. So I say just wait a while longer. We're almost there :) 

Archived