Pillars PillarsEverywhere

Lucifina

Why is it allowed for tribes to completely pillar an area so no one else can build there? If you want a huge base great build one but why try to stop anyone from building anywhere you deem "important"? Why do the developers allow this poop seems easy to fix and it completely deters new people from playing the game???

These types of people think ark is an online version of the monopoly board game and not a building game.
GM's should randomly join servers, find them and ban them permanently.

I understand pillar'ing near your own base and to protect resources, and this type of pillaring is ok IMO, and its easy to identify the good pillaring. its the land claiming which is not ok.
there is always 1-2 per server that think its an oinline version of the monopoly board game, and those are the ones who need permanent banning.

I have pillars all over the southeast section of my map. Some to insure spawns, some to insure theres trees to harvest, and some just because its in my hood. Too many trolls and noobs joining daily now to not have some sort or insurance to make sure I can still have food and mats in my area. Also our server is near taming limit (already hit it before) and platform structure limit; no room for anyone else and it would be a waste of time for a noob to build up just to find out they cant tame anything anyway. So untill wildcard does something about the server tame limit and fixes lag issues, im leaving to pillars up and telling people theres prolly room on the next server. No hard feelings, kite my base if you must (which atm is the only "fix" for the server tame limit anyway).

On my home server, those who have been there the longest have worked together to protect a few important things. All metal spawns, beaver ponds, and half burnt island. Everything else is pretty much fair game beyond what people pillar to protect around their base.

These points were agreed upon by everyone on the server at the time, so no matter how much others don't like it, we are not changing it.

Metal spawns and beaver ponds, because DUH! These are valuable resources that everyone should have access to.

Half burnt island for many reasons. First and foremost, because it is a great place to hunt for meat. It is also good for grinding out levels on newly raised/tamed battle mounts. No other place on the map can match the density of high value spawns that this island has. In addition, we tend to see at least one max level rex per day on there. Which, needless to say, is a boon for everyone who wants to attempt bosses.

20 hours ago, Lucifina said:

Why is it allowed for tribes to completely pillar an area so no one else can build there? If you want a huge base great build one but why try to stop anyone from building anywhere you deem "important"? Why do the developers allow this poop seems easy to fix and it completely deters new people from playing the game???

I have had pillar problems twice....

both times I ask them to remove them or give me just a little room, they did.

One time it took a month to get a hold of them :)\

I guess I just got lucky that they were nice people.

21 hours ago, Lucifina said:

Let me guess you spawned in looked for 5 mins got killed a few times and came here to have a wee moan. Did u spend time spawning in different places walk around a bit, even ask in chat if people could remove pillars or anyone could suggest a free area to build. I'm guessing not but that's a few suggestions next time you try a server.

Archived