Trolls not helping fellow posters

Volcano637

Every time I have had an in game problem, along with every other person that has had a problem, someone always has to say something either not helpful or insulting. Shame on those people.

why do that? Do you feel better about yourself after you say what you say? I mean come on, who benefits from that? 

There is an infestation on these forums and I wish it would stop. I am asking please, don't make someone feel bad just because that have a question. What are these forums for if not to ask questions and converse about things others might not know.

this place is supposed to be a community not a witch hunt. Stop saying "it's pvp get over it" or "git gud"(which doesn't even make sense). Just try to help people instead of berate them. Jesus Christ!

To be fair, Volc, people are trolling you because you seem to be either a troll yourself, or unhelpable.

I haven't seen a question on these forums not be answered, in a general sense, but you specifically, generally don't ask questions with answers. Only opinions, and you then generally just feed the fire with your own inflammatory remarks. 

That is how humans deal with their inadequacies. They need to put someone else down, insult others, make themselves feel superior to feel good about themselves at the end of the day. We all do it in some form or another. I bet most of us don't even know that we are doing it because it has become apart of our daily routine.

I certainly am not saying this to excuse bad behaviour. If people treated each other like they want to be treated we would live in a better world. Your post will bring out more trolls because people who engage in such banter feel they are justified in being the way they are. Which is sad.

Control what you can control.

As you see from your first response, that its "just the Internet", so that means it is acceptable and we just need to accept ignorant, petty and immature behaviour.

Quite a world we live in.

Concentrate on being good to others and ignore all the haters.

7 minutes ago, iAmE said:

To be fair, Volc, people are trolling you because you seem to be either a troll yourself, or unhelpable.

I haven't seen a question on these forums not be answered, in a general sense, but you specifically, generally don't ask questions with answers. Only opinions, and you then generally just feed the fire with your own inflammatory remarks. 

No sorry you are in correct. I have asked plenty of questions and got pretty good answers from mods and posters alike. But there is always a few that still have to troll.

and yes I get you wanted to make this about me but I haven't even complained about anything for awhile. I put myself in this post but I am more concerned with the people that are new to the forums, which you didn't bother mentioning.

i am currently having a lot of fun in my no tame server, and I have nothing to complain about. I will however, still be here to help out others and put trolls in their place.

ever heard of the Napoleon complex? you should read up on it. it explains alot about internet behaviour. the short version is: People compensate for something nu shouting or expressing aggressive behaviour against others you camouflage their own defects. :)

Ignore them and focus on People who Mean good and try to help. at thé end of the day, we all need you live with ourselves, even them

3 minutes ago, Oggybobo said:

That is how humans deal with their inadequacies. They need to put someone else down, insult others, make themselves feel superior to feel good about themselves at the end of the day. We all do it in some form or another. I bet most of us don't even know that we are doing it because it has become apart of our daily routine.

I certainly am not saying this to excuse bad behaviour. If people treated each other like they want to be treated we would live in a better world. Your post will bring out more trolls because people who engage in such banter feel they are justified in being the way they are. Which is sad.

Control what you can control.

As you see from your first response, that its "just the Internet", so that means it is acceptable and we just need to accept ignorant, petty and immature behaviour.

Quite a world we live in.

Concentrate on being good to others and ignore all the haters.

And I will make sure to. Thank you for your post and you are right the first two posts were exactly what you said it would be. That still won't stop me from sticking up for people.

You would think if they could just come to terms with their own "inadequacies" then they could be more nice to people. Most people don't even realize other people's inadequacies unless it is a very bad personality trait that is apparent or some kind of physical deformity, which I also think is sick.

i have worked with disabled people and they are some of the most real people in the world. They have their flaws out in the open for everyone to see and they don't care because it is already out there. Why make people feel bad for asking a question? That's just messed up.

11 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

No sorry you are in correct. I have asked plenty of questions and got pretty good answers from mods and posters alike. But there is always a few that still have to troll.

and yes I get you wanted to make this about me but I haven't even complained about anything for awhile. I put myself in this post but I am more concerned with the people that are new to the forums, which you didn't bother mentioning.

i am currently having a lot of fun in my no tame server, and I have nothing to complain about. I will however, still be here to help out others and put trolls in their place.

I have no desire to make this about you. I was just pointing out that your pattern of behavior (Complaining about Alpha's, Complaining about PvP), invites trolls to start with, and your behavior in those threads themselves (Vehemently rejecting anyone else's opinions on the subject, passive-aggressive insults), invites even more trolls on top of it.

TLDR: Trolls on the internet exist, surely, but you get it worse then most because both what you post about, and how you post, tend to err on the side of being flamebait. 

I am far from perfect and certainly don't have all the answers, but you have a legitimate gripe and have every right to be angry. I say just let it fuel you to do better things for others and don't spend any extra energy on the people who just want to bring negativity. If any of this makes things feel a bit better then that is a step in the right direction.

To quote Rodney King...."Can't we all just get along?"

Have a good one.

3 minutes ago, iAmE said:

I have no desire to make this about you. I was just pointing out that your pattern of behavior (Complaining about Alpha's, Complaining about PvP), invites trolls to start with, and your behavior in those threads themselves (Vehemently rejecting anyone else's opinions on the subject, passive-aggressive insults), invites even more trolls on top of it.

TLDR: Trolls on the internet exist, surely, but you get it worse then most because both what you post about, and how you post, tend to err on the side of being flamebait. 

Yes a lot of people that stick up for others are ridiculed. Doesn't bother me that much.

i have also never complained about pvp. The no tame server is absolute pvp. And by pvp I mean player vs player, not player vs base. I love pvp and I love the competition of it. Most people idea of pvp in ark is very jaded. A dragon coming up on a wood building with a guy just trying to get by is not pvp, and if you think that is then I will not argue about it. 

Since I have joined the no tame server I have been in no less than 100 "pvp" encounters. For the past over a year before that on officials(I do not call them pvp servers) I may have encountered 5. Besides that I have been nothing but insided/offlined. You can call it pvp all you want, once again not going to argue. In my opinion that is not pvp at all.

people troll me because other people agree with me and they do not like that. They would be happier if nobody agreed with me because they could feel even better about someone being alone and trolled. 

26 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

ever heard of the Napoleon complex? you should read up on it. it explains alot about internet behaviour. the short version is: People compensate for something nu shouting or expressing aggressive behaviour against others you camouflage their own defects. :)

Ignore them and focus on People who Mean good and try to help. at thé end of the day, we all need you live with ourselves, even them

Very true. If I can help one person on the forums not feel as bad or even be able to help them it is still worth it to me. Thank you for your post though

4 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Yes a lot of people that stick up for others are ridiculed. Doesn't bother me that much.

i have also never complained about pvp. The no tame server is absolute pvp. And by pvp I mean player vs player, not player vs base. I love pvp and I love the competition of it. Most people idea of pvp in ark is very jaded. A dragon coming up on a wood building with a guy just trying to get by is not pvp, and if you think that is then I will not argue about it. 

Since I have joined the no tame server I have been in no less than 100 "pvp" encounters. For the past over a year before that on officials(I do not call them pvp servers) I may have encountered 5. Besides that I have been nothing but insided/offlined. You can call it pvp all you want, once again not going to argue. In my opinion that is not pvp at all.

people troll me because other people agree with me and they do not like that. They would be happier if nobody agreed with me because they could feel even better about someone being alone and trolled. 

Take a step back, be a little objective, and read your posts.

It has nothing to do with the subject matter at the point you're at. Almost every post you make is snarky, contains passive aggressive insults, and is complaining about something. Your posts are flame bait. That is why you get trolled, and why your experience is like that.

Realistically, most people on these forums have a generally positive experience. You do not. You may wish to examine the common denominator (Yourself) before complaining (Irony) about other people. 

I don't know how to put it any more simply then that. Examine yourself first, before ridiculing others. Your posts and how you write set an environment where trolls thrive. 

19 minutes ago, Oggybobo said:

I am far from perfect and certainly don't have all the answers, but you have a legitimate gripe and have every right to be angry. I say just let it fuel you to do better things for others and don't spend any extra energy on the people who just want to bring negativity. If any of this makes things feel a bit better then that is a step in the right direction.

To quote Rodney King...."Can't we all just get along?"

Have a good one.

I get you. I realize I make a lot of waves and in all reality it used to be for negative reasons, I will admit that. Things have changed, especially since I have seen how people have been treated here. I used to just stay quite and spew my alpha hate but now my posts are more than that. I still hold the same views I did before but I realize now my time is better spent trying to help people here.

you keep being you oggy, you are cool in my book

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I get you. I realize I make a lot of waves and in all reality it used to be for negative reasons, I will admit that. Things have changed, especially since I have seen how people have been treated here. I used to just stay quite and spew my alpha hate but now my posts are more than that. I still hold the same views I did before but I realize now my time is better spent trying to help people here.

you keep being you oggy, you are cool in my book

As they say, the first step to fixing your problem is realising you have a problem.... good job @Volcano637

6 minutes ago, iAmE said:

It has nothing to do with the subject matter at the point you're at. Almost every post you make is snarky, contains passive aggressive insults, and is complaining about something. Your posts are flame bait. That is why you get trolled, and why your experience is like that.

Realistically, most people on these forums have a generally positive experience. You do not. You may wish to examine the common denominator (Yourself) before complaining (Irony) about other people. 

I don't know how to put it any more simply then that. Examine yourself first, before ridiculing others. Your posts and how you write set an environment where trolls thrive. 

lol I don't understand you as far as me ridiculing people? Alphas? Is that what you mean? People that are mean to others for no reason other than just to be a jerk? 

And if you are talking about anybody else, the only other reason I would defend myself or others is because I felt they were acting in an offensive way to begin with. Please try not to bring my old posts into this, as recently my posts have done no such thing. I don't live in the past, I move on from it. Before you use the word ridicule make sure it's not just defense first

5 minutes ago, ILuvTheAwesomeDevs said:

As they say, the first step to fixing your problem is realising you have a problem.... good job @Volcano637

I tell you what luv, everybody looks at my older posts and everybody loves to bring them up. Your past does haunt you but it won't keep me from atleast trying to help people. 

I know that you yourself has seen some of the stuff that goes on here. I might get lit up about stuff sometimes and I give no guarantee that I won't ever do it again but now I am just trying to do what is right.

16 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Uh it has EVERYTHING to do with the subject matter. It IS because I talk about alphas. If I did nothing but get on here and talk about taking out the "little guy" it wouldn't be that way. Sure some people wouldn't like it but then the trolls would get on here and say "hey it's pvp bro" 

dont tell me that my subject matter doesn't matter because that is all that matters

Meh, I just post and help out where I can.  I try to just ignore the trolls.  Or what I normally end up doing is that if i see someone who trolls, cannot seem to keep on topic, need to be right all the time even though they're wrong, etc I add them to the list of people I ignore.  Just over hover the users name in the thread and a dialog pops up and you can add them to the people to ignore down on the bottom of the dialog.  Several people in the forums have "won" their place on this special list.  Not to worry you haven't made it there... yet.  LOL
Capture.thumb.JPG.466a716858a5d4e41a171aa102ab810d.JPG

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

lol I don't understand you as far as me ridiculing people? Alphas? Is that what you mean? People that are mean to others for no reason other than just to be a jerk? 

And if you are talking about anybody else, the only other reason I would defend myself or others is because I felt they were acting in an offensive way to begin with. Please try not to bring my old posts into this, as recently my posts have done no such thing. I don't live in the past, I move on from it. Before you use the word ridicule make sure it's not just defense first

Regardless of whether you want them to or not. Your past shapes who you are, and what you do. As you have shown in this thread, you may *say* you have "Changed", but you haven't. Someone disagrees with you, and almost immdiately you make a snarky, passive aggressive insult or inference to them. As for Ridicule, yes, when you imply people are trolls, you are ridiculing them. 

Just for clarity, here's the definition: 

rid·i·cule
ˈridiˌkyo͞ol/
noun

1. 1.
    the subjection of someone or something to contemptuous and dismissive language or behavior.

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

Uh it has EVERYTHING to do with the subject matter. It IS because I talk about alphas. If I did nothing but get on here and talk about taking out the "little guy" it wouldn't be that way. Sure some people wouldn't like it but then the trolls would get on here and say "hey it's pvp bro" 

dont tell me that my subject matter doesn't matter because that is all that matters

Your subject matter doesn't matter at all. It's how you present it that makes it such a flamebait, and what makes you the near dictionary-definition of a troll. What makes you a troll isn't the fact that you bring up "Oh, alpha's are bad!", what makes you a troll is when you make posts like this:

"All alpha's are horrible people that deserve to be wiped because they're horrible people! (Insert random inference about how people act in a video game reflects on how they act outside of it, negative only)"

Because you type, post and present yourself as the latter, where you dismiss and ridicule any dissenting opinion, you get trolled. There is no discussing anything with you, because you refuse to evaluate or think about someone else's position on a subject, instead, you attempt to dismiss them as "A troll". Therefore, to you, everyone that doesn't agree with your narrow point of view, is a "Troll". 

To be frank, these forums are so incredibly tightly kept that most posts that are even marginally critical of the game or off topic are deleted, and bans are issued with incredible liberty. Trolls on this forum are few, and far between. You are one of only three that I have ever seen. 

3 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

Every time I have had an in game problem, along with every other person that has had a problem, someone always has to say something either not helpful or insulting. Shame on those people.

why do that? Do you feel better about yourself after you say what you say? I mean come on, who benefits from that? 

There is an infestation on these forums and I wish it would stop. I am asking please, don't make someone feel bad just because that have a question. What are these forums for if not to ask questions and converse about things others might not know.

this place is supposed to be a community not a witch hunt. Stop saying "it's pvp get over it" or "git gud"(which doesn't even make sense). Just try to help people instead of berate them. Jesus Christ!

Unfortunately, some of the mods on this forum are probably only about 13-14 years old and are also friends with the trolls...
I've reported a post and was BANNED on the forums by the trolls friend who is a mod. Its actually pathetic how badly Wild Card manages the company and interacts with its customers. IMO one of the worst game developers in 2016/2017 just on the fact that they have the worst support(non-existent actually) and are disgusting with there communication to the customer.
For example, instead of posting critical information here (on the official website), they post it on twitter instead..... Love the game but Wild Card staff are actually scum....

Blame Wild Card, not the players.... the trolls are probably as frustrated as everyone else who ends up here, because of the stupid things Wild Card does

3 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

Pretty much couldn't agree more. Being a jerk is unnecessary. You're right, trolls don't help anybody except themselves.

I don't count making jokes as "trolling", but it can sometimes be hard to decide whats trolling and whats playful.

Archived