Trolls not helping fellow posters

Volcano637

3 hours ago, iAmE said:

Regardless of whether you want them to or not. Your past shapes who you are, and what you do. As you have shown in this thread, you may *say* you have "Changed", but you haven't. Someone disagrees with you, and almost immdiately you make a snarky, passive aggressive insult or inference to them. As for Ridicule, yes, when you imply people are trolls, you are ridiculing them. 

Just for clarity, here's the definition: 

rid·i·cule
ˈridiˌkyo͞ol/
noun

1. 1.
    the subjection of someone or something to contemptuous and dismissive language or behavior.

Your subject matter doesn't matter at all. It's how you present it that makes it such a flamebait, and what makes you the near dictionary-definition of a troll. What makes you a troll isn't the fact that you bring up "Oh, alpha's are bad!", what makes you a troll is when you make posts like this:

"All alpha's are horrible people that deserve to be wiped because they're horrible people! (Insert random inference about how people act in a video game reflects on how they act outside of it, negative only)"

Because you type, post and present yourself as the latter, where you dismiss and ridicule any dissenting opinion, you get trolled. There is no discussing anything with you, because you refuse to evaluate or think about someone else's position on a subject, instead, you attempt to dismiss them as "A troll". Therefore, to you, everyone that doesn't agree with your narrow point of view, is a "Troll". 

To be frank, these forums are so incredibly tightly kept that most posts that are even marginally critical of the game or off topic are deleted, and bans are issued with incredible liberty. Trolls on this forum are few, and far between. You are one of only three that I have ever seen. 

What are the other two?

6 hours ago, Oggybobo said:

That is how humans deal with their inadequacies. They need to put someone else down, insult others, make themselves feel superior to feel good about themselves at the end of the day. We all do it in some form or another. I bet most of us don't even know that we are doing it because it has become apart of our daily routine.

I certainly am not saying this to excuse bad behaviour. If people treated each other like they want to be treated we would live in a better world. Your post will bring out more trolls because people who engage in such banter feel they are justified in being the way they are. Which is sad.

Control what you can control.

As you see from your first response, that its "just the Internet", so that means it is acceptable and we just need to accept ignorant, petty and immature behaviour.

Quite a world we live in.

Concentrate on being good to others and ignore all the haters.

But what if people ARE treating others how they want to be treated.

There's a fetish for everything these days.

In my opinion, there is never an excuse for trolling. In fact, there are few identifiers I despise more than "troll." It's always been a mystery to me...what validation trolls find in tearing someone down.

It's incredibly unfortunate that the first response to this thread bears repeating in my own response. "That's the internet." 

There is nowhere you can go and nothing you can do or say online that won't attract the attention of people who take pleasure in being deliberately rude, offensive and unhelpful.

That said, the best advice I can give on the matter is this:

You can't change the internet. You can't control the unpleasant tendencies of others.

What you can control is yourself. You can make the choice to be polite, considerate, and helpful. You can choose to answer what questions you can, and do your best to, by example, make a difference in whatever internet social circle you participate in.

Make the choice to express a difference of opinion in a courteous manner. It's your prerogative to disagree! But there's a way to express that in a direct and polite fashion.

As long as the internet exists, there will always be trolls.

Choose to set a good example...and others will follow.

6 hours ago, iAmE said:

Regardless of whether you want them to or not. Your past shapes who you are, and what you do. As you have shown in this thread, you may *say* you have "Changed", but you haven't. Someone disagrees with you, and almost immdiately you make a snarky, passive aggressive insult or inference to them. As for Ridicule, yes, when you imply people are trolls, you are ridiculing them. 

Just for clarity, here's the definition: 

rid·i·cule
ˈridiˌkyo͞ol/
noun

1. 1.
    the subjection of someone or something to contemptuous and dismissive language or behavior.

Your subject matter doesn't matter at all. It's how you present it that makes it such a flamebait, and what makes you the near dictionary-definition of a troll. What makes you a troll isn't the fact that you bring up "Oh, alpha's are bad!", what makes you a troll is when you make posts like this:

"All alpha's are horrible people that deserve to be wiped because they're horrible people! (Insert random inference about how people act in a video game reflects on how they act outside of it, negative only)"

Because you type, post and present yourself as the latter, where you dismiss and ridicule any dissenting opinion, you get trolled. There is no discussing anything with you, because you refuse to evaluate or think about someone else's position on a subject, instead, you attempt to dismiss them as "A troll". Therefore, to you, everyone that doesn't agree with your narrow point of view, is a "Troll". 

To be frank, these forums are so incredibly tightly kept that most posts that are even marginally critical of the game or off topic are deleted, and bans are issued with incredible liberty. Trolls on this forum are few, and far between. You are one of only three that I have ever seen. 

So does that mean you are ridiculing me?

and no I have had plenty of normal discussions with people I disagree with. Plenty. There are a few that I cannot have a discussion with at all and it is no surprise that everyone else thinks the same way about those few.

8 hours ago, mleii said:

Meh, I just post and help out where I can.  I try to just ignore the trolls.  Or what I normally end up doing is that if i see someone who trolls, cannot seem to keep on topic, need to be right all the time even though they're wrong, etc I add them to the list of people I ignore.  Just over hover the users name in the thread and a dialog pops up and you can add them to the people to ignore down on the bottom of the dialog.  Several people in the forums have "won" their place on this special list.  Not to worry you haven't made it there... yet.  LOL
Capture.thumb.JPG.466a716858a5d4e41a171aa102ab810d.JPG

Very rude

15 hours ago, vanyelxp5 said:

But what if people ARE treating others how they want to be treated.

There's a fetish for everything these days.

I am not sure where you've gone with this....if you are implying:

1.) That you DO treat people good and with respect and are getting that back, life is good. We can always strive to do even better.

2.) That you DO treat people good and with respect and are NOT getting it back, than you need to either change your situation and not involve yourself or rise above someone else's misgivings and be the better person.

3.) That you DON"T treat people good and for some reason they treat what you think is good, I would find that hard to believe.

4.) That you DON'T treat people good and expect to be treated that way in return, then I feel sorry for this kind of person. There is obviously something else in that person's life that is not going right and needs to be resolved. No matter the venue or situation, everyone deserves a certain level of respect, to be cared for, and made to feel welcome.

Hopefully I answered your statement?

Have fun.

8 hours ago, MostSpy said:

Mods have hidden your post now in a mostly unread section, absolutely no reason why this doesn't belong in General Discussion where it was.........
It's actually pretty disgusting Wild Card tries to hide anything negative about there company rather than fix it.

Because the post is about how people act on the forums, not about Ark itself, it is off topic, and thus belongs in off topic. The moderators rightfully relocated it there.

If they were truly removing any and all negative comments the forums would be a barren wasteland and you know it.

10 hours ago, MostSpy said:

Mods have hidden your post now in a mostly unread section, absolutely no reason why this doesn't belong in General Discussion where it was.........
It's actually pretty disgusting Wild Card tries to hide anything negative about there company rather than fix it.

How is this post criticising wildcard, also it doesn't in any way relate to the game, only the forums... boi

Well just remember trolls are a big part of ark in general.like imagine a pvp server with no trolls.....then it would slowly turn to a pve server.(and they know how to troll even there)the forums are no different.everyone is trying to get on the trading forums so ppl will post all types of garbage to get it to it.dnt feel bad or take it personaly or lose faith in humanity.just try n avoid them .wc i wouldbt say sponsers trolls but they are part of the community n alot of things in ark were created with trolling n trolls in mind.so that being said good luck oh n dbt ask cassnova for help he is a troll  that wc hired to remove any post that wild card finds distasteful like talking about them lying about updates,moving ppls post so others can join in topics that wc doesnt have answers for or just dnt care!!!!gotta love the different variations  trolls come in!!!

Archived