PS4 Dire bear and narco traps

Poltron

PS4 Dire bear and narco traps

Anyone had luck taming those bears with a good amount of traps and a couple crossbow tranq arrows? 

I've tried with 2 different high level bears (lvl 145), wasted 30 narco traps on each, then tried to finish the job with crossbow, the first one went unconscious with 315 health remaining, and the other one died with only half the crossbow shot required to maybe tame him, meaning my 30 narco traps didnt do squat.

Anyone on PS4 was able to see the narco working on wild animals? I've tested it on players and it works fine, but I dont think they are working with the results I've had.

I've stacked all 30 traps inside a small taming pen 2 by 2, and they walked right over them both time, clearly detonating them all.

You can't use narco traps to tame. Even if you knock it out using them, the creature will be unavailable for tame. So unless you do it just right, it's a waste of resources. It's a big hassle for little payoff.

Also, imo, darts are best for bears. In my experience, they have too low health wild and often die with arrows /: or it's a really close call

Yeah but in Prim + there's no dart, and crossbows kill them almost 100% of the time. I've read other posts that suggest using narco traps just below the torpor point, and then using the bow/crossbow to finish the job. 

In both cases described in my post, the narco trap didnt seem to have any effect on the bear's torpor, hence asking if it's bugged on PS4 for wild animal right now.

I'll make a magnifying glass just to see the bear's torpor after he triggers the trap, it's just an unnecessary step if they're not working properly.

Bears are hard to tame inn prim, tho if you use the large bear traps and use looooong time it is posible to get them down. The thing is they have low hp tho there torpor takes times to go out, so you need to let the hp get up so inn the start if not taming inn a taming pen that is the easyest, I use the traps line a cuple up hit the bear and lett it tunn inn and wait... then next trap shot and wait, then when it starts to runn away I look at it torpor and hp whit a magnefying glass. If you dont have a really good x bow it most likly wil be a close call, last bear I took down like this last week had like 12 hp left when she whent down. When inn a taming penn I hit it to it is bloody and wait for like 20 min before startign agein. 

I tame 145 and 150 a lot,notsure why 30 doesn't work for you.I only use 9-10 each tame,though my trap lines are about 1 foundation wide ,which means i have quite a long corridor the bear runs through as the traps have to be spaced further than that along the length to stop the wires reconnecting themselves,4 sec between shots after triggered traps,admittedly nearly every single tame my bears have less than 150 health :P Born lucky i guess.

I am taming them on Prim+ (PC) by picking them up with a Quetzal and dropping them into a small pen. Once there I go ahead and hit it using the Longbow (not crossbow) and watch it with the magnifying glass to check torpor and health. Takes a lot of time to do it right and about 40% more arrows but I haven't killed one yet.

Archived