Painful lesson learned from the Monkey boss fight

AsahiPriest

Painful lesson learned from the Monkey boss fight

Just thought I'd share my Sob Story / Advice Story from our latest Monkey boss fight.

Our tribe is continuing to slowly farm and progress on the boss fights using the 20 Rex method. Our last attempt we did Monkey boss easy, and the fight went very well, losing only one Rex. The only difference this time was that the boss engaged us early and on the bridge.

After the fight was over is where I made a crucial mistake. Right after the boss went down, the Rexes started chomping on the small monkeys. In a state of elation from the victory, and panic from the additional fighting, I whistled passive, then "All follow". To my horror, all of the Rexes took a big wide turn to run to me, and one by one plunged themselves off the bridge to their death, 15 in total. Lesson learned. And for those pushing this content: Head's up. Don't be dumb like me!

On a side note, as painful as this is now, In the future this will probably be one of my most memorable moments from Ark, and one of the stories I always tell. Which is my I love / hate Ark. We will rebuild, rebreed and continue!

What a bummer! I hope they weren't imprinted at least... It seems to me that the most stressful part of the boss fights is trying to collect the element quickly enough before you get teleported out. There are so many minions around that its hard to get to the dead boss quickly without being trapped. and grappling hooks don't seem to work in the boss fight so I can't grapple out of tight spots like I normally do.

On 3/18/2017 at 9:26 AM, hep48085 said:

What a bummer! I hope they weren't imprinted at least... It seems to me that the most stressful part of the boss fights is trying to collect the element quickly enough before you get teleported out. There are so many minions around that its hard to get to the dead boss quickly without being trapped. and grappling hooks don't seem to work in the boss fight so I can't grapple out of tight spots like I normally do.

Yeah, they were imprinted and bred during the amazing v-day event. I agree with the post fight panic. We prepared quite well for the actual fight, we just weren't ready for the post fight chaos.

On 3/19/2017 at 6:00 AM, Captnmorgan said:

Oh man... sorry but I can't stop laughing... if I hadn't read this it could have been me....

If I prevent one person this pain, my job is done.

On 3/19/2017 at 6:27 AM, Wazzamaniac said:

With the AI this bad for tames, I don't think it's fair to have a bottomless pit in the arena. The invisible walls should at least stop tames from falling like it does for the monkey.

Sorry for your loss :/

Completely agree! An instant death pit in a boss arena seems a bit harsh.

16 hours ago, kortniechan said:

Omg the same thing hapend to us we lost them to the cliff after the battle.

I thought 10 dinos was the limit are u on official? 

Sorry to hear! Yep. Official PvE, and we are bringing in 20 rexes and (gulp) 2 players.

I think the Dragon is next on our list, so if anyone has any tips on how a 2-man team can beat the Dragon (Easy) boss on official, let me know! We are starting to brainstorm some strategies, but they are pretty sketchy so I may have some new disaster stories soon.

8 minutes ago, AsahiPriest said:

I think the Dragon is next on our list, so if anyone has any tips on how a 2-man team can beat the Dragon (Easy) boss on official, let me know! We are starting to brainstorm some strategies, but they are pretty sketchy so I may have some new disaster stories soon.

I have seen a video were they brought a whole bunch of allos, they ran into this corner right were you spawn in and the dragon couldnt get them from above, the allos distracted the dragon while they hammerd it with assault rifles. 

Archived