Wifes

BobRoss

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got lucky enough to marry a gamer girl. Not one of the fake instagram "omg im a gamer girl" types, but an actual gamer girl with her own system. That allows me to play the game with no problems at all. Her understanding i play for "me" time also allows me to just relax, listen to music, and play the game. We both work full time, but only fri-sun 14 hrs a day and  12 hrs a day. i get mon-thurs off with her. Allows plenty of time together, and gaming. Your best bet will be to get her to understand what you are doing on there and talk to her about what gaming is for you. You might get a few hours to yourself every other day if possible. Cheers :)

On 11-5-2017 at 1:10 PM, Antitheft2 said:

My wife and I both play as much as each other, only downside, it cost me a second PC, screens, fancy keyboard & mouse etc etc (not to mention a second licence for Ark) for her to be able to play at the same time. xD

i would willingly invest 3k into my wife if it would get her to shut up and maybe even play with me :D but its not going to happen im afraid :P ive tried this with different things but she quits after a couple days and is back to nagging :P 

On 12-5-2017 at 1:59 AM, Aerwin said:

My wife decided, she likes me playing ark much more than me playing Counterstrike :D

i played SC2 before this, the outrage was even harder :P she made me quit the proscene which im still salty about ><

On 12-5-2017 at 6:35 AM, Iimmy said:

Mine likes to condescendingly say "are you off to play with your dinosaurs" like I'm 5. 

yeah i get that alot. or she tells my son 'daddy doesnt want to play with you now, hes playing with his dinos' makes me wanna go crazy 

On 14-5-2017 at 10:31 PM, Phantom4421 said:

I got lucky enough to marry a gamer girl. Not one of the fake instagram "omg im a gamer girl" types, but an actual gamer girl with her own system. That allows me to play the game with no problems at all. Her understanding i play for "me" time also allows me to just relax, listen to music, and play the game. We both work full time, but only fri-sun 14 hrs a day and  12 hrs a day. i get mon-thurs off with her. Allows plenty of time together, and gaming. Your best bet will be to get her to understand what you are doing on there and talk to her about what gaming is for you. You might get a few hours to yourself every other day if possible. Cheers :)

where do you find these mythological creatures, ive searched high and low in the past but all i heard were myths oO 

OMG I love this topic. My GF hates ark but she loves me enough to understand why I love this game. She also hates the start up music and can hear it from I swear like 100 yards away. I a bit more lucky as she still talks to me if I stay up late but I can't play for days in end due to my 55 hours a week job and life. I get 4 night a week where I stay up late and Ark it till she starts throwing shade and dirty looks at me in the dark. It's funny but I can tell when she is staring in the dark at me play just waiting for me to notice and remove my head phones so I can ask" yah bae?". Sorry for the wall of text but good post/ topic. ?

Reading some of these; I feel like I have it pretty good at the moment. I get home from work and after getting something to eat and telling each other about our days she normally says 'go on Ark if you want' 

now not that I need to be given 'permission' or anything (I absolutely do)

only problem im having is that there's never enough time in the day to do anything important. Taming etc. :P

On 02/05/2017 at 1:23 AM, Oxgul said:

THIS.

unfortunately, If she does think that, then there is very few, if not nothing, that you can do to make her "ok" with you playing ARK. Why would I say that? First, I am a girl lol I do know how girls think, even tho I am a gamer and an absolute fan of Ark. If she thinks that playing videogames is childish and unappropriate for someone your age, then it's gameover for you hoping to have her accept Ark. I really wish I would have a more positive outcome for you, but I don't. She will keep hating it, because it's in her core, her whole being, to think that it is a waste of time. Trust me, when a girl sticks to some ideas, there are very (if none) way to talk her some sense.

Secondly, I have quite a lot, well almost all my girl friends that hates videogames. And I've tried over and over to reason them, have them try some. After failing, I talked a lot with them, trying to understand why it was such a bad thing, to play videogames. Mainly, they think it's childish and a waste of time to spend so much time in a virtual world, when a real family awaits for you. I try to make a parallel with, for example, enjoying watching soap on TV. But to no avail. Videogames are childish where soaps aren't. Beats me. This is where I feel very not like a girl, because I just don't agree and really don't understands! But what I learned, is that there is no way to make them change their mind when they think it is childish. But keep trying. We never know...girls may be strange sometimes lol

THIS. 

Watching TV, films, reading books, all things that don't have the social stigma that video games do. Whereas the video games let you actually be creative in a media situation instead of just witnessing something play out in front of you. If anything it's MORE mature. Letting you take control. This is something I'm really disappointed with. Can you imagine if you put video games on a CV or dating profile that wasn't specifically tailored to them? It's a joke. 

Thankfully my fiancé is a gamer. She just doesn't have much time for it being self employed. We plan on getting a second PC so we can Ark together though. I look forward to it with baited breath

On 3/17/2017 at 5:48 AM, BobRoss said:

Wifes

Hello everyone,

how do you guys with a wife and kid/kids play this game. My wife goes crazy every time she hears the title screen music. How do you explain you need more than 1 hour a day to effectively do anything in this game? i wanna know because i think shes gonna kill me in my sleep really soon :P 

My wife will PvE on console mostly farming Jerboa's at this point to litter around our main area as punishment for how much of my free time goes into this game. Our real life relationship doesn't get checked at the door and she played more often when we had a newborn but now having a toddler its tough to find any kind of fair balance between game play, sleep and adulting. Just switching over to PvP has helped. I get wiped frequently as a mostly solo player so there is not a lot to maintain and I try to play mostly late at night or during the days where our schedules are opposite. All I can say is good luck. 

21 hours ago, CApKiller said:

OMG I love this topic. My GF hates ark but she loves me enough to understand why I love this game. She also hates the start up music and can hear it from I swear like 100 yards away. I a bit more lucky as she still talks to me if I stay up late but I can't play for days in end due to my 55 hours a week job and life. I get 4 night a week where I stay up late and Ark it till she starts throwing shade and dirty looks at me in the dark. It's funny but I can tell when she is staring in the dark at me play just waiting for me to notice and remove my head phones so I can ask" yah bae?". Sorry for the wall of text but good post/ topic. ?

lol absolutely. she tends to look at me like im a dog that shat in the house :P 

17 hours ago, CeaselessFish said:

THIS. 

Watching TV, films, reading books, all things that don't have the social stigma that video games do. Whereas the video games let you actually be creative in a media situation instead of just witnessing something play out in front of you. If anything it's MORE mature. Letting you take control. This is something I'm really disappointed with. Can you imagine if you put video games on a CV or dating profile that wasn't specifically tailored to them? It's a joke. 

Thankfully my fiancé is a gamer. She just doesn't have much time for it being self employed. We plan on getting a second PC so we can Ark together though. I look forward to it with baited breath

i agree, but i have to admit its hard explaining to non gamers how riding around dinosaurs to kill fire breathing dragons so that in the end i can fly around like IRON MAN is somewhat mature :P 

4 hours ago, Rambo90 said:

u guys are freaks, use headphones or mute ur tv, you cant be that retarded now. Would you prefer to hear the menu music or let your wife sleep retards

i dont play at night :) 

On 5/17/2017 at 9:45 PM, Rambo90 said:

u guys are freaks, use headphones or mute ur tv, you cant be that retarded now. Would you prefer to hear the menu music or let your wife sleep retards

Not how that works. I have a gaming headset and tv stays muted. Thats not what they were implying by mentioning the intro music. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 2:41 PM, CeaselessFish said:

THIS. 

totally agree, i actually keep it a secret from lots of people that I'm a gamer as they think it's a kids thing to do, but apparently it's ok to sit in front of a TV watching s**t!    

• 2 weeks later...

I think you are all lucky!!

I'm married with 2 girls (6 & 3). my girls are happy to 'help' me play the game but the wife absolutely hates me playing on the xbox full stop. She hates it even more if i'm on the mic talking to someone!

The only time I play is when the kids are in bed and the wife is at work (she works a min of 3 nights a week) so i'm on random times and half asleep!!!!

I would love to be able to be on at normal times on evenings and weekends but no chance. She goes evil towards me!!

All fun eh!

Archived