Favorite Map?

ODeezGaming

Favorite Map?

So, I put the question out there the other day on favorite base locations and had a ton of great responses.

I watch a lot of Ark YouTube channels as I just started one myself and have been seeing a lot of maps pop up lately on the big channels like Sl1pg8r and others on maps like Thieves Island, Crystal Isles, Skies of Nazca, Valhalla, etc. and was wondering what is your favorite map and why? So far, I have only played The Island and haven't fully explored this map as I mainly stuck to Hidden Lake, Smugglers Path and a little bit of exploration in the Snow Biome. 

Thanks!

The island runs the best Imo. Like it for that.

The centre has a nice spread of resource, and I find more high level Dinos spawning there than the island. Much easier to find a 150 rex/spino than the island, but it's hard to find some (like the ovis and tapejara).

I found scorched a bit boring as there's not much variety to the scenery. If you're not on a map early, it's impossible to build near water. Like the dinos, but folk flog them on vanilla maps anyway, so no need to venture into the desert.

I'm having fun playing Crystal Isles at the moment. The map is only 40% done though, so it is a little frustrating trying to figure out where it is safe to build and where you might later get wiped when the landscape changes :D No wiki for it either, so you are kind of on your own as to where things are.

I like the map because it adds a lot of new types of floral and a few new creatures. It also is amazing to look at. Certainly breaks the boredom I've been feeling with some of the standard maps.

I used to like the center, it ran like a dream until it expanded to include the giant redwoods area. Since then it's just way too laggy for me. It's still a great map but not my favourite anymore.

The island is pretty boring after all this time and basic, but it feels better crafted than other maps? It doesnt have as many amazing locations, but the special ones it does have look amazing.

Crystal Isles looks exactly like what I want, but Im waiting for it to be completed a bit more before I play on it.

Archived