What is good to breed on as new player?

master33431

What is good to breed on as new player?

Hey guys,

so i started few weeks ago on PvE Server and it feels like everyone got huge badass dinos. I want to start breeding now, but it feels like every dino is so much breeded on, that i will never get rly better ones. What would u guys recommend to breed as a beginner? Which dinos are always useful and mabe good for sale aswell?

You should breed what you use most first

My recommendations

• Pteranodon, easy and fast breeding
  • Quetz, your powerhouse for farming
  • Ankylo, to get more metal especially with the imprinter sitting on it
  • Rex, for meatfarming now, for boss-battles later
  • Bears/Beavers for weight to carry stuff for you and farm resources
  • Therizino, most OP farmer ever
  • Giga, no dino will benefit more from imprinting, if you want to use gigas imprinting is a must have.

Try to trade for eggs BEFORE starting to breed. Maybe friendly tribes will trade better bloodlines with you.

Offer to fertilize their plants in return, most huge tribes will love this ^^

I'd start with ankylo's. The other options everyone else posted are good choices, as well. But if you've never bred before - it's good start with a herbi to get a feel for it. And anky's tend to have hefty food stats so even a low level is not very likely to starve from the current feeding glitch. Then graduate to the carnivores.

Even though you won't be able to breed up super dinos right away, having backup flyers is always good. Try pteras or argents to get your breeding routine down before trying anythig else. Argies are a pretty easy raise because their carry weight is considerably more than a ptera, so you won't have to check on it as often while in baby phase.

Good luck to you!

If you're new to breeding, before you worry about "what" my first advice is to worry about "where." Depending on what you're breeding and where you're set up, you'll need to consider how many torches, or campfires, or (preferably) air conditioners you'll need to incubate your egg. I've found that 12 - 16 air conditioners arranged in a "u" shape is good enough for most critters.

You should also consider investing in a number of refrigerators to stock up with meat / berries - babies eat a lot! and it's much less stressful to prepare ahead of time than have to do an emergency supply run early on.

And, you should determine where you'll be raising the baby - if you're going to do it outside, with the risks inherent to an outdoor setup, or whether you're going to invest in an indoor area that helps guarantee the safety of a young animal.

Before you commit to a baby, look up its maturation rate (easy to find on the wiki) and plan ahead if you intend to go the extra mile for imprinting - which it will need every three to four hours.

In my mind, those are all things to get straight before you dive in.

All that said! Utility animals are always a good choice, as mentioned above. Notably argents, anklyos and allosauruses are always good choices. Later game, rexes are great too.

But if you're just looking to learn the ropes, you can always start with an animal that you're fond of, too.

Breeding is my favorite element of Ark; I've found working on my bloodlines to be a tremendous amount of fun, with rewarding results too. I hope you enjoy it just as much, whatever dino you choose to start with.

I hope this helps; good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived