Favorite Base Location "The Island"

ODeezGaming

We went with Herbivore Island as the metal nodes on our server are legit so I essentially have access to metal, safety from Carnivores and access to water which I never had in my first Season on the channel. I am really liking it so far but will use a lot of these ideas above as places to make smaller bases so I can vacation around the island! Thanks!

On 3/16/2017 at 1:07 AM, LadyCrescent said:

Like Kaelnayyan, I built on Grand Peak (popularly called "metal mountain") in the middle of the redwoods. It has beautiful views of the map, and has a tremendous number of resources in that area.

In addition, its central location on the map gives you convenient access to all other relevant locations.

It's right beside the volcano, and not far from the silica pearl run right at the start of the snow biome. I do strongly recommend it...that will forever be home to me.

A funny / miraculous story about my home there: Long before the redwoods were a thing, I built a massive stone compound at the very top of Grand Peak. With some creative pillar-work, I built a 12 story tall, behemoth gate guarded aviary. A second castle was built on top - a four story deploy bay for my dimorphodons, with rising pillars on the sides and back to create a breeding / incubation room and lots of housing for my birds. Just behind there, I built a sprawling castle with a stadium style entryway that opened to a square with a separate room for everything, open in the center with a view to the mountain below. 

I built it all myself over the course of months and months... and I was so proud when the last ceiling was placed.

Then, sometime later, a friend called me early in the morning, with the news of the redwood biome...and the heads up that everything that existed there would be destroyed. I was heartbroken.

I scrambled to make a new base to move my massive menagerie, said goodbye to my castle, and awaited the redwoods update.

I went there the day of the update, just to see for myself and gain closure that my home was gone...only to discover that the very top of Grand Peak was untouched, and my castle was still there, waiting for me. One tree sprouting into the middle of my aviary comprised the only damage.

And so, I got to go home. 

I've played all three official maps, but in the end, like they say, there's no place like home. And that will always be Grand Peak for me. ?

Someone cutting onions in here?

Lonely island at 83 59 is where i am and i feel save , only therri is annoying down there, you get beaver dam , oil , metal and walk a little bit north for taming rex and spino.(but never goin south)One  of the rarest peaceful corner where you can sleep whitout scaring of your base be destroyed , when you are safe you  goin bigger

There's the obvious ones like the volcano and the hidden lake and herbivore.

carno island is also quite popular and scenic too.

the ice burg is also quite good (north west of map).

all around the south zone 2 is pretty good, in the server I play on, someone made an entire base around the whole of south zone 2 (they avoided blocking spawns).

also, you could build in the middle of the Forrest. Don't cut down any trees around your base and you can get a great design going on.

On 3/19/2017 at 4:29 PM, Novarae said:

Beaver spawn points are not on the island itself.  If you build correctly, you do not interrupt their spawning. Infact you can also build(if you're on a small server etc.) in such a way as to keep the beavers localized for their dam building instead of running off to the stone peninsula or the inlet etc.  Thus dismissing building there is silly.

Actually they do spawn on the that little island.  I've seen them spawn in the trees on the east half in particular.

Not trying to start a fight here, friend.  Just making an observation.

On 15/03/2017 at 7:59 PM, theronin said:

Before server transfers, I would almost always set up shop at Stonehenge (Southern Islets ... rock formation at the end of the peninsula).  I had my main base on the edge of the inner lake.  Metal behemoths blocked out all the "spokes" (you'll see what I mean when you view it from high above).  Indestructible rock environments made for bottlenecked ground attacks.  Tons of compartmentalized space in each spoke to build out annexes or separate giga pens.  And you got your own little private lake.  Ah the good 'ol days.

Im at this island too despite totally worth it , safe and beautiful

My wife and I built a neat bridge/house at the mouth of the river at 25, 73-ish. It's directly across from carno island.

It's in the middle of a lot of resources and drop spawns and also has enough room to park the large water dino's in. We built on the shallow part of the river with a dock extending out across the deeper portion and tossed a behemoth gate down before the drop off in to the really deep water. The behemoth gate is large enough to reach the water's surface so nothing's swimming over. It's really neat looking, and if you have lights on the dock shining in to the water, the coral looks awesome at night.

It's surrounded by metal, you could easily dive for pearls, there's beaver dams further down the river towards the redwoods, yellow/red drops are constantly popping up, and you can boat a rex, or swim a spino, over to the island in front of you if you want to alpha hunt. You'll have to watch out for the occasional giga that spawns on the mountains near you, but they're not usually walking around the beach.

Archived