Should Low Level Dinos be easier to Breed?

LilNastyGurl

So I noticed that a Level 5 Spino takes just as much effort and time as a Level 305 Spino. That a Level 150 Phiomia takes just as much time as a Level 5 Mammoth. While "realistically" (using that word in this game borderlines on stupid) Spinos are same species regardless of level, and should grow up around the same amount of time, and better levels =/= DNA transmogrification etc.

However, I think that for smaller tribes that don't have access to S+ Rank Olympic Dinos, having the maturation times sliced would be good. Why?

Well, first, it lets people practice breeding. Not like "breed dilos" practice, but experiencing breeding more important dinos in less time since, of course, they would have a lot less mileage and eventually would be outclassed as the players progress and get better dinos.

Second, it scales equally with the Taming Times. Lower level dinos tame easier because they are less independent and less stubborn, requiring less resources and time (Just lore, not a real in-game reason). It makes sense for less sturdy, less powerful creatures to grow up faster than their superior counterparts. 

Three, it MIGHT mix up the meta again. It's "go 150 or go home" right now, lower level dinos only being viable because "not enough kibble" or "we need it now and can't wait". The latter reason is one of the main ways that people progress through the game, finding their first Level 5 rex and downing it and making their survival in the word far easier. For people without access to 150 Quetzals, Gigas and the like, have to make do with their 20s and 15s. Weirdly though, they take just as much time as a "Pre-Patch 51 Melee Point 13 Positive Mutation Neon Blue Boss-Slayer Level 301 Rex".

Four, people complain about the breeding times everyday. People have work. People have school. People have a large-breasted blonde girl in cutoff shorts and a black tanktop waiting at their house. You know, every day things. The fact that x2 breeding wasn't included reduces the amount of players who can breed successfully.

Reason Five doesn't matter because I'm tired of typing up this topic.

I can breed as many Gigas I want, be it perfect 150 tames or that crappy 5 that got stuck in the ice. I believe that crappy Level 5's babies should raise way faster. Not everyone can afford to deal with a Giga raise, some barely can do a Rex raise, and these are just "I collected prime meat and ground up berries to get this Level 25" Rexes that people do want to breed for emotional attachment reasons, and not competitive ones. 

Will this mess up balance? What balance? breed Pteras, win the game! I mean, the ramifications of quick low-level dinos vs high lineage high-level dinos is no contest. Will Alphas abuse this? They abuse everything. At least this will give all these small tribes that are constantly on here something nice to play with. They won't need 13 fridges and a 2-4 day spanning schedule to hatch their low level eggs. Having a LEVEL 25 ALPHA TAKEOVER is really not in the books.

I am sorry but I complete disagree. I am in a tribe of 3 and we all have jobs and we are playing on an offical server and we have no problem taming high lvl dinos and breeding rexes. We are up to 270 hatched rexes and kibble makes taming high lvl dinos more reasonable. Just take your time and build an egg farm with low lvl Dinos and you will set your self up to tame most high lvl dinos in about an hour or 2 

I can't speak to the reality of the ramifications of a change like that on Official servers, but in theory I think that it would be a positive change in the landscape.

1.) I liked the pure logic of having maturation scale to taming time on lower level dinosaurs.

2.) Breeding is a tremendous investment of time that not everyone can work into their schedule. Believe it or not, I hear people have lives outside of Ark, lol! But breeding is still a fun aspect of the game, and I would like to see it be made more accessible to the players who can't afford the time it takes for many animals.

Could it be abused? Absolutely.

But I think the benefit to small tribes / busy people outweighs the negatives.

How does breeding a weak, sickly baby make it easier to raise?
I agree to the opposite - breeding a strong baby helps you out with the process (higher weight/food, bigger buffer faster on letting them feed on their own) and as such reward you for putting in the effort of obtaining and selecting solid parents before breeding. Just like how kibble rewards you with easier, better taming after you went through the hassle of getting eggs.
Specifically to the time they take: again, higher levels have a bugger buffer, can go without handfeeding at a younger age, and as such do demand less active time. Once it can hold enough food to make it to juvenile, the time it takes is just strictly being prepared. Which again, the game rewards you for, or punishes you for if you're not. With some fridges stacked it takes all of a minute to log in and feed baby for hours to come.

5 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

So I noticed that a Level 5 Spino takes just as much effort and time as a Level 305 Spino. That a Level 150 Phiomia takes just as much time as a Level 5 Mammoth. While "realistically" (using that word in this game borderlines on stupid) Spinos are same species regardless of level, and should grow up around the same amount of time, and better levels =/= DNA transmogrification etc.

However, I think that for smaller tribes that don't have access to S+ Rank Olympic Dinos, having the maturation times sliced would be good. Why?

Well, first, it lets people practice breeding. Not like "breed dilos" practice, but experiencing breeding more important dinos in less time since, of course, they would have a lot less mileage and eventually would be outclassed as the players progress and get better dinos.

Second, it scales equally with the Taming Times. Lower level dinos tame easier because they are less independent and less stubborn, requiring less resources and time (Just lore, not a real in-game reason). It makes sense for less sturdy, less powerful creatures to grow up faster than their superior counterparts. 

Three, it MIGHT mix up the meta again. It's "go 150 or go home" right now, lower level dinos only being viable because "not enough kibble" or "we need it now and can't wait". The latter reason is one of the main ways that people progress through the game, finding their first Level 5 rex and downing it and making their survival in the word far easier. For people without access to 150 Quetzals, Gigas and the like, have to make do with their 20s and 15s. Weirdly though, they take just as much time as a "Pre-Patch 51 Melee Point 13 Positive Mutation Neon Blue Boss-Slayer Level 301 Rex".

Four, people complain about the breeding times everyday. People have work. People have school. People have a large-breasted blonde girl in cutoff shorts and a black tanktop waiting at their house. You know, every day things. The fact that x2 breeding wasn't included reduces the amount of players who can breed successfully.

Reason Five doesn't matter because I'm tired of typing up this topic.

I can breed as many Gigas I want, be it perfect 150 tames or that crappy 5 that got stuck in the ice. I believe that crappy Level 5's babies should raise way faster. Not everyone can afford to deal with a Giga raise, some barely can do a Rex raise, and these are just "I collected prime meat and ground up berries to get this Level 25" Rexes that people do want to breed for emotional attachment reasons, and not competitive ones. 

Will this mess up balance? What balance? breed Pteras, win the game! I mean, the ramifications of quick low-level dinos vs high lineage high-level dinos is no contest. Will Alphas abuse this? They abuse everything. At least this will give all these small tribes that are constantly on here something nice to play with. They won't need 13 fridges and a 2-4 day spanning schedule to hatch their low level eggs. Having a LEVEL 25 ALPHA TAKEOVER is really not in the books.

breeding just needs to be reworked entirely. its stupid mechanic right now which doesnt reward skill, only time.

i think it should be skill based and following your logic, yes they should make lower lvl dinos take less SKILL to breed than higher level ones. 

I don't agree with maturation time being shorter for low level dinos, what does need to happen is a rework on breeding to facilitate breeding of low tier animals, especially with those of low weight capacity.  We shouldn't have to spend so much damn time and energy to farm fatty phiomias for meat or breed dodos for eggs.  Raising a rex is so much easier just because it can hold so much food in its inventory right out of the egg.

12 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

People have a large-breasted blonde girl in cutoff shorts and a black tanktop waiting at their house. You know, every day things.

Haha this made me laugh.

Anyway, I agree with all the points that you made here. It seems weird that it would require all that time and effort to breed a low-level baby when you could just get a better one out of the wild without the huge time investment.

I have to disagree too.

I play solo and raise solo all the time on officials, it's really not that hard once you figure out the tricks to the trade.

The secrond reason I disagree is because they have enough fixing of the game left to go, that I dont want them to waste time completely reworking breeding inorder to make breeding scrub dinos easiers. Infact as it sits right now, the breeding of low lvl dinos is highly discouraged by the game mechanics. Low lvl dinos have a lower wieght, therefore less they can hold through out the baby phase. I dont think this was an accident. If you break down the mechanics to taming and breeding it's actually a very precise science. Reworking breeding in order to make low lvl breeding easier would probably break the game and keep it in EA twice as long. 

No thanks

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh908 said:

I don't agree with maturation time being shorter for low level dinos, what does need to happen is a rework on breeding to facilitate breeding of low tier animals, especially with those of low weight capacity.  We shouldn't have to spend so much damn time and energy to farm fatty phiomias for meat or breed dodos for eggs.  Raising a rex is so much easier just because it can hold so much food in its inventory right out of the egg.

As for this I do agree. Some of the lower end/useless dinos are way harder to raise than the high end dinos. Id rather solo hand feed a Giga over a compy anyday 

Archived