Feeling safe inside your brick walls?

hpbaxx

Feeling safe inside your brick walls?

... well, you shouldn't.

As we all know, brick walls were supposed to be fixed in the last P+ update. Instead, we were given the previous broken mechanics, where you can't walk straight through doorframes etc.

I also knew that you could fly Pteras through brick doorframes, but what happened today has surprised me a little: A wild Rex managed to walk through a brick doorframe.

I deliberately didn't post this in the bug reports forums, as no one who should care about it reads it anyway.

So.. let's wait another 3 months to get crooked brick walls again, eh? @complexminded

wat.jpg

11 hours ago, Sevaver said:

And this is why I still build with stone in Prim+

Amen :P I see all these wonderful bases surounding me made of brick and concrete,while my fugly stone fortress covered in plants and pillars is scoffed at,spurned and spat on,but secretly i'm laughing inside at the work all these players will have once the patch hits ps4(and the bugs thatcome with it)My doed is kept extremely busy though,needs a break.

i find brick walls and concrete the easiest way to build. It is easier to make a concrete ceiling than a thatch one - resource and time wise.

I built a pyramid, 26x26 with 7 or 8 high in one day (about 4 to 6 hours).

It has bugs but it is much stronger than stone.

The bad thing is the battle axe, with a battle axe i can break a wall or a foundation within minutes.. 

PS: i almost dont have dinos, only some pteras and one argentavis for metal - maybe its even faster with anky and some snails

Why do you build doors? Brick walls are cheap anyway, and doors are weak points. We just destroy a wall and replace it everytime we get out. No doorframe problem, no easy entry point, no rex able to get through.

And to counter battleaxe, you sink the foundation a bit so that your even if they break it, they cant crouch underneath your wall. We made some pretty tuff-to-break-in base this way, and it's working great.

4 minutes ago, Poltron said:

And to counter battleaxe, you sink the foundation a bit so that your even if they break it, they cant crouch underneath your wall. We made some pretty tuff-to-break-in base this way, and it's working great.

New walls are breakable with battle axe and ceiling as well.. otherwise your strategy would work :)

Brick walls arent right now though, at least on PS4, and ceiling can be stuffed with steel pillars if you really want to make them waste their time there. We manage to put 2 or 3 layers of ceilings with spike walls underneath too, so if a lone ranger tries to break in from the top, he falls on spike walls and floats there until he dies.

Of course, nothing can stop them completely, especially alphas with siege weapons,  but it's so easy to build compared to stone that you can build 10 empty bases like that and make them waste so much time for nothing, while your important stuff is hidden in a completely different location and away from prying eyes. 

And the battle axe will be toned down one day, and allow us to build doors again. 

3 hours ago, Poltron said:

Why do you build doors? Brick walls are cheap anyway, and doors are weak points. We just destroy a wall and replace it everytime we get out. No doorframe problem, no easy entry point, no rex able to get through.

Because PVE. I lured it into the room next to the one in the screenshot and was about to knock it out by shooting through that doorframe.

Archived