official build limit

rayleigh

official build limit

Good day forums, i am writing this to ask a simple question,

what is the official build limit for a single connected structure on official servers as i have been making a base on single player that i want to implement to the official server i play one except its rather large, so befor i do that i want to ask is there a build limit for a connected structure on a singleplayer map and if so is it the same as official servers

thank you for your time

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

The limit is 10,500.

v252.1
* Raised proximity structure limit to 10,500 (the structure limit is actually working now with the new PhysX!). Renamed the server variable to "TheMaxStructuresInRange" so that all servers get a one-time reset to the new value: ?TheMaxStructuresInRange=10500 (or in the [ServerSettings] of GameUserSettings.ini). Requires Server Update

• Volunteer Moderator
49 minutes ago, rayleigh said:

thank you for the information, do you know if that is the same on singleplayer just so i can get a idea of if i hit it on singleplayer to use it as a marker

On SP, I assume you can modify that value into one of the files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Config directory.

It's a zone max not a snapped together max. My base is on the line of a couple zones so on one side I'm at build limit while the other side of the building I can still build. Also after a certain point on building in the sky I hit a new zone so I can build up or off to one side. I feel like they lowered the limit a couple months ago because we had to destroy a lot of honeycombing we had done to fill in a foundation someone was stuck in when they logged in. 

5 hours ago, Rhinenorr said:

It's a zone max not a snapped together max. My base is on the line of a couple zones so on one side I'm at build limit while the other side of the building I can still build. Also after a certain point on building in the sky I hit a new zone so I can build up or off to one side. I feel like they lowered the limit a couple months ago because we had to destroy a lot of honeycombing we had done to fill in a foundation someone was stuck in when they logged in. 

how high are we talking i currently live on the side of blue ob mountain does that mean the zone would consist of the original snow biome?

16 hours ago, BobRoss said:

than 10500 it is :) good luck reaching that tho :P

Its possible for large scale bases, especially as it takes into account everything you place, including camp fires, torches, railings, feeding troughs, preservation bins, electric wires, lights, acs...ect ect.

My current project has my floor slated to require over a thousand tiles (in this case, stone ceilings) thats not accounting for walls, actual ceiling, additional floors, pillars, any decorations, doors, door frames....... I may end up being the first solo player to hit the limit on a primitive server xD

C80D9AEE34AE2C5BC0FD1FDD9F9FF88A73E91C2B

• Volunteer Moderator
43 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Theres suppose to be a trick that if you build fence foundations on the ceilings and then snap the walls to the fence foundations instead of the ceiling it will reduce render time.

Maybe someone can explain it better or know more about how it works

That is not that. The fence foundation trick was to prevent server lags when building large structures. The problem used to be that if you build a wall on a ceiling, the server will loop through all linked structures to ensure there is a support and confirm and/or reject the placement. If there is a fence foundation, the support is confirmed earlier than if it need to check everything till ground level.

Archived