official build limit

rayleigh

7 hours ago, Dracul said:

Its possible for large scale bases, especially as it takes into account everything you place, including camp fires, torches, railings, feeding troughs, preservation bins, electric wires, lights, acs...ect ect.

My current project has my floor slated to require over a thousand tiles (in this case, stone ceilings) thats not accounting for walls, actual ceiling, additional floors, pillars, any decorations, doors, door frames....... I may end up being the first solo player to hit the limit on a primitive server xD

C80D9AEE34AE2C5BC0FD1FDD9F9FF88A73E91C2B

looking awesome man, why do you need all that space? :P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Dracul said:

Its possible for large scale bases, especially as it takes into account everything you place, including camp fires, torches, railings, feeding troughs, preservation bins, electric wires, lights, acs...ect ect.

My current project has my floor slated to require over a thousand tiles (in this case, stone ceilings) thats not accounting for walls, actual ceiling, additional floors, pillars, any decorations, doors, door frames....... I may end up being the first solo player to hit the limit on a primitive server xD

C80D9AEE34AE2C5BC0FD1FDD9F9FF88A73E91C2B

Unfortunately you would not. :(

aaaaaa.jpg

4 hours ago, BobRoss said:

looking awesome man, why do you need all that space? :P

Once I fill out the floor there Im actually only going to build in about half of it, the gate and wall to the left are basically to keep titans from being lured in, the rest will mostly be kept open to let rafts get around, but im expanding cause iv been doing a lot of breeding (mostly thorny dragons right now) and want to start working on theriz , baryonyx and when aquatic breeding hits, plesios and squids.

4 hours ago, hpbaxx said:

Unfortunately you would not. :(

aaaaaa.jpg

I meant more for official prim but yeah that looks harsh, what mod has those radio tower looking structures? (or is that a prim+ item?)

3 minutes ago, Dracul said:

Once I fill out the floor there Im actually only going to build in about half of it, the gate and wall to the left are basically to keep titans from being lured in, the rest will mostly be kept open to let rafts get around, but im expanding cause iv been doing a lot of breeding (mostly thorny dragons right now) and want to start working on theriz , baryonyx and when aquatic breeding hits, plesios and squids.

I meant more for official prim but yeah that looks harsh, what mod has those radio tower looking structures? (or is that a prim+ item?)

Oh, I thought you meant P+. ;) Those are steel pillars, it's on an official P+ server.

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2017 at 3:24 PM, rayleigh said:

official build limit

Good day forums, i am writing this to ask a simple question,

what is the official build limit for a single connected structure on official servers as i have been making a base on single player that i want to implement to the official server i play one except its rather large, so befor i do that i want to ask is there a build limit for a connected structure on a singleplayer map and if so is it the same as official servers

thank you for your time

I don't see why there should be a limit in the first place

1 minute ago, Bigskybear said:

Because the server probably wouldn't be able to handle multiple people going over the current limit. Could you imagine trying to render a structure larger than what is shown in the above posts?

Almost finished building one of those sizes at the moment, cannot finish because of the limits.

• 3 months later...
On 5/6/2017 at 7:34 PM, MickThorpe1 said:

Almost finished building one of those sizes at the moment, cannot finish because of the limits.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auc9d7zOuW0MikWbpHXyplfYosyK Here is a link to a video I recorded of one such unfinished settlement that does not at all affect my games connection, and so I really think there should be at least an option to take off build limit completely. Hope the vid can be accessed.

• 1 month later...

FOR ALL YOU PS4 USERS

I'm on PS4. I built a massive base.  25x38. 

This is a SP base with the intent to bring it online  

There is a build limit per sector for PS4. 

6390 pieces Per sector, my base is incomplete by far and I have destroyed it due to build limitations  

I don't know the range of the sector but be careful of building   

On 8/6/2017 at 5:36 PM, MickThorpe1 said:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auc9d7zOuW0MikWbpHXyplfYosyK Here is a link to a video I recorded of one such unfinished settlement that does not at all affect my games connection, and so I really think there should be at least an option to take off build limit completely. Hope the vid can be accessed.

OMG all those pillars, way more than you need on the foundation.

OMG all those pillar caps sticking up through the floors !!!! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

15750 structures on offical PVE prim plus ragnarok server.

think island was same...

every structure you can place counts.. even standing torches or structures on dino platforms.

counter starts in center and goes lower if you build a bit more outside... sadly i dont know, how center of this structure limit is calculated :-(

to prevent it you should build everything in center of your building spot first and then build farther away from center.. counter in center still goes up and no-build area becomes bigger... and you cant replace anything within this no build range

also seems it kind of a spehere where it is counted... so if you build high enough, counter goes down too....

On 3/14/2017 at 11:24 AM, rayleigh said:

official build limit

Good day forums, i am writing this to ask a simple question,

what is the official build limit for a single connected structure on official servers as i have been making a base on single player that i want to implement to the official server i play one except its rather large, so befor i do that i want to ask is there a build limit for a connected structure on a singleplayer map and if so is it the same as official servers

thank you for your time

Not sure what platform you play on, it is different for each.

As for Xbox, it is currently 5500 Structures within a 100-yard distance. Not render distance, not foundation count.

Even though it has been stated in forums that it was 6500 items, it is currently 5500 on official XBox servers.

The note about render vs. 100-yard distance is critical.

How do you tell where 100-yard distance is? Easy, grab your favorite small dino and stick a tracking pod on it. Place it where you want your limit of the building to be or where you want to build from and move out till you get to 100-yard mark on the transponder.

If you build within this limit and have nothing else closer than 100-yard to the edge of your structure, you can build all 5500 items in that one structure.

On 10/8/2017 at 6:55 PM, MickThorpe1 said:

They're not the problem lol, the build limit is.

Lots of wasted count from pillars. Minimum needed is pillar w/ceiling-space-space-space-space-pillar w/ceiling. offset this three rows over with next row of pillar w/ceiling-space-space-space-space- pillar w/ceiling and you greatly reduce the number of pillars used. You can then fill in all the spaces with ceilings to create a flat floor/foundation

Not going to lie it takes a lot of effort to do this (build-break placements), but this is what is needed to be done in order to reduce the number of foundations/ceiling/pillars used to create your structures foundation/base.

I have an underwater (something like) 11x24 footprint pillar pen with a medium dino pen above it, and behemoth pen above that with another ceiling half way up the behemoth gate to park wyverns. Right now it houses 12 boss rex’s, 2 Wyverns; carnos, trikes, ect in the bottom, and a plesi in the water.

It’s a shame because I knew about the ceiling-space-space-space-space-pillar-ceiling . I use it on a land bridge next door, but the underwater terrain was proving difficult to do this method with a rectangular box pen. I would pillar up, put a ceiling, ceiling out two more, then do that on the connection side, but was constantly getting the “no support foundation” error so  I kept adding single pillars on the bottom of the pen to fix it. Now the inside bottom of the pillar pen looks like I pillar graveyard. But I am afraid to try and knock any of those single pillars out because I had to place them before to get the ceiling fully closed in so I might have all those dinos sitting on a house of card. Looks sexy though, not one pillar sticking through a ceiling tile.

With my height capped tower topped with a lighted pyramid that has a turbine sticking out of it, some places of my tower base are PS4 official Rag 5500 limit capped. But I don’t add to those areas anymore anyways.

Foot note, fly very slowly approaching my base. lol

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived