Are you disapointed that tuso cant grab dino's in pve

Daku

6 minutes ago, Michaud said:

I find the inability to grab dinos in pve to be general bullpoop. Example the new thyla needs titanoboa kibble without the ability to make a farm which you'll need to pick them up and drop to get any decent chances and numbers is just pure crap

There are ways to make farms, it just takes time and not having updates every 2 secs xD we have 257 kibble in stock and hoping to get thylas up to lvl 300(at tame cap atm).

but anyways... Yes I find it absolutely stupid that dinos specifically meant to carry dinos(and were able to at one point) cannot anymore. I know they also accidentally allowed flyer carry by doing this but come on, there must be some way to allow only some dinos to carry stuff. Megals are pretty much just eggers now... Kapros are just fun to run around on and tusos although they can still kill everything it'd be nice to be able to bring dinos home or mosas into pens(which is how people mass tame em on pvp)

23 minutes ago, AlphaCarno said:

but anyways... Yes I find it absolutely stupid that dinos specifically meant to carry dinos(and were able to at one point) cannot anymore. I know they also accidentally allowed flyer carry by doing this but come on, there must be some way to allow only some dinos to carry stuff. Megals are pretty much just eggers now... Kapros are just fun to run around on and tusos although they can still kill everything it'd be nice to be able to bring dinos home or mosas into pens(which is how people mass tame em on pvp)

It would be an easy fix but wont happen.  PVE folks get much too salty when people pick up dino's and drop them in their bases LOL.  If they allowed it just for the squid I'm sure people would figure out a way to move aggressive dino's into other folks water pens as well...

7 hours ago, Michaud said:

I find the inability to grab dinos in pve to be general bullpoop. Example the new thyla needs titanoboa kibble without the ability to make a farm which you'll need to pick them up and drop to get any decent chances and numbers is just pure crap

The only way I was able to overcome it was just kiting with a Flyer, with a unusually large "corral"..

6 hours ago, Melcreif said:

It would be an easy fix but wont happen.  PVE folks get much too salty when people pick up dino's and drop them in their bases LOL.  If they allowed it just for the squid I'm sure people would figure out a way to move aggressive dino's into other folks water pens as well...

I mean... They can go through all that effort OR easily kite a titan, golem or giga in the base which is much simpler. I think they should at the very least allow tuso grabbing, and maybe allow other dinos to grab unless they are on a platform saddle, in which case the held dino drops immediately to stop dropping nasties from above. The devs keep releasing dinos and making em uselesd for pve.

Just now, reeshan18 said:

Sorry, I meant kaprosuchus, but that's the thing. They can't, i've read around and tested it myself, it says they should be able, but at this moment it's either not working or they have turned it off somehow

It probably was changed then. I play on PVE, and got a kapro back when they were introduced, before grabbing was disabled. I specifically remember grabbing fish and pulling them out of the water to kill em because I'm a sadistic boy ;) I assumed PVP would've remained unchanged... Or did you mean PVE? :P

People abused the carry feature in the official pve servers, we enjoyed walking around with the megalosaurus carrying birds but that only lasted a short time until people probably started dropping hostile stuff in others bases. The only way I could see this ever working is for "peaceful" carrying to be allowed, capturing wildlife that don't attack at all. (dodos, lystros, oviraptors, ovis, mesopithecus, moschops, megaloceros, parasaur, procoptodon, phiomia, pteranodon, tapejera, jerboa) I think I missed one or two, but yea. (I hope we can atleast carry the bunny dodos for easter this year if they have them, it was annoying last year grapple hooking them across the map for egg collection)

Edit: I forgot to add this, the tuso probably goes by the same coding the other animals have for the pve carry (why I mentioned the above stuff for this post). I do agree that its silly it cant hold, maybe the devs are thinking its a possible obstacle with the new underwater bases on pve? using enemy tames as a shield? :P

12 minutes ago, TheLordTailfin said:

The devs hate PVE, from what I see. Almost every update there's something anti PVE about it. From grabbers not being grabbers to that poorly thought out and even MORE poorly executed tribe tame limit. Grabbing dinos is a part of the game. Let us do what our dinos are SUPPOSED to do =.=.

If they hated PvE they would just let everything work the same way as it works on PvP, don't you think?

They block some features in PvE to prevent retarded people to abuse them. Yes it sucks to have a dino that doesn't work as intended, but griefers are here to blame not the devs. And the action like this from the devs means they actually care.

42 minutes ago, Musketeer said:

They block some features in PvE to prevent retarded people to abuse them. Yes it sucks to have a dino that doesn't work as intended, but griefers are here to blame not the devs.

This.

Dino grabbing in PvE was enabled at start. It was short lived though, as griefers started using that mechanic to drop the largest and most powerful carnivores they could find into the bases they wanted to clear.

Almost everyday I think the same:"Why don't they allow wild dino grabbing in PvE?!" Follow immediately by: "Oh right...a**holes exist"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived