Are you disapointed that tuso cant grab dino's in pve

Daku

4 hours ago, Robersdee said:

People are talking about land mammals, that isn't the point of the thread. There's no reason a tuso loses its main grab attack in pve, it's in the ocean, it's not like you can grab a mosa and use super squid flight power and drop it in a base. WC re-enable the tusos grab at least. 

I would assume that the "grab code" is shared by all grab-capable creatures, hence all being disabled. Tuso grab is harmless for as long as underwater bases aren't a thing.

9 hours ago, XaralDoBruxo said:

I would assume that the "grab code" is shared by all grab-capable creatures, hence all being disabled. Tuso grab is harmless for as long as underwater bases aren't a thing.

it might be implemented for all creatures, but you can customise it. Look at PVE where once tamed you can grab, surely you can add a line of code into the tuso where you can use your grab attack. Underwater bases will be enclosed, so putting dinos in bases wouldn't happen anyway, if you want to eliminate it entirely give then 5% speed when latched on or no speed at all. 

Yes the griefers are what triggered the response of disabling dino grabbing but they are not the cause.  Many PVE players are what i like to call builder donkeys, they just play to build structures and bases repeatedly, usually as large as possible with no hope of ever defending it from anything because hey its pve.  Its not hard to build a base that is completely immune to any griefer tactics you could employ in PVE, walls to block the big dinos people kite and enough turrets, species X and dinos on neutral to kill anything anyone would drop but these builders dont think they should need to because pve.  Catering to the lowest common denominator....

2 hours ago, Dreadnaught said:

Yes the griefers are what triggered the response of disabling dino grabbing but they are not the cause.  Many PVE players are what i like to call builder donkeys, they just play to build structures and bases repeatedly, usually as large as possible with no hope of ever defending it from anything because hey its pve.  Its not hard to build a base that is completely immune to any griefer tactics you could employ in PVE, walls to block the big dinos people kite and enough turrets, species X and dinos on neutral to kill anything anyone would drop but these builders dont think they should need to because pve.  Catering to the lowest common denominator....

Yeah, like, what's the strongest thing someone could drop in your base with a Mega? A Direwolf? My Chalico or Direbear is going to turn that thing into mince meat in seconds... They could do it repeatedly, I guess, but they're gonna be at it for a long time. Especially if I have Plant X up. And they'd just be out of luck if you have your tames in a storage facility in your base. 

i scrimped and saved spending hour apon hour week after week, hunting eurypterids with my spino just to be able to get enough black pearls to tame a squid then i find out it doesn't do what they said it would, not happy

funnily enough the day i heard, the mosa and alpha mosa spawns spazzed out and in one weekend i filled a large storge box with black pearls

3 hours ago, cattafett said:

i scrimped and saved spending hour apon hour week after week, hunting eurypterids with my spino just to be able to get enough black pearls to tame a squid then i find out it doesn't do what they said it would, not happy

funnily enough the day i heard, the mosa and alpha mosa spawns spazzed out and in one weekend i filled a large storge box with black pearls

Was that what that was?  I killed like 6 one night in a couple hours, was just going back and forth between the mosa spawns north of redwoods on center.  Was wondering DILO is going on lol

On 24/03/2017 at 11:50 PM, Dreadnaught said:

The problem can and will present itself well before you have enough defenses to fend off that kind of stuff. Granted stone structures are a big way in defending against breaches that allow more stuff to get through, but until you can unlock and worse still, farm enough of the stuff to build your walls, you are vulnerable to griefers. 

I agree that PvE is missing one of the important mechanic. Like I said before that from playing PvE I sometimes wish that I can grab wild dinos, even if only to get a potential tame to a safer place. But you cannot diferentiate between your base and your "enemy"'s base. Turrets and dinos on neutral are still needed if your walled of area is large enough, for example. But as with the stone structures you can take a while to take care of that. Species X needs large crop plots (not to mention the seeds) and turrets need a fair amount of metal and/or electricity infrastructure. If you are a relatively new tribe/player, that can take a while to get. 

Also, if a tribe has 10 guys you can easily drop some stuff to wreck the dinos of the other tribe. It even doesn't need carnivores only. A well placed trike and/or stego of the right level can wreck the tames or wooden structs of the other tribe. you just really need to get something to aggro them.

Also, I guess I can call myself a "builder donkey", as you so affectionally called us. Not all builders think "Oh its PvE, so no worries", fyi.

Archived