[ Official server] Hard Broodmother SLAIN!

Eymonlan

The hell kind of weak pansy cupcake addict tree-hugger of a Broodmother are you guys fighting!?

We lost 20x fully imprinted 30K Hp rexes with decent saddles in barely 2 minutes, with the first casualty being in under a minute.
She was hitting for just over 5k damage to mate-boosted rexes with 45 armor saddles with her regular attacks (had damage numbers enabled), she didn't even get to the point where she used the acid spray.

After some calculations I pegged her base damage for her regular attacks at around 20k (it's eerie how perfect these numbers turned out to be btw):

Damage reduction multiplier (saddle + mate boost): 100/(100 + 4*45)*0.7 = 0.25.
Therefore damage before reductions: 100/25*5000 = 20 000

I honestly don't believe she is beatable using "legitimate" means, using what I would consider a best case scenario of 50k hp rexes all imprinted AND ridden with 100 armor saddles.
And I have the math to prove it:

Base time to wipe at 30k hp with 45 armor saddles and no riders = 180 seconds.
Therefore time to wipe at 50k hp: 180*(1+ 30000/[50000-30000]) = 298 seconds.
Old damage reduction multiplier = 0.25
New multiplier: 100/(100+4*100)*0.7*0.7 = 0.098
Effective damage decrease: (0.25-0.098)/0.25*100 = 60.8%
Therefore new time to wipe: 298*1.608 = 479 seconds (About 8 minutes)

So yeah, even in that scenario your rexes would only survive till slightly past half her timer. And of course, there is 0 chance you will have the dps to kill her in that time since your rexes have basically all their points into hp and no one is using guns. She will be still be hitting for about 2k damage per attack.
Obviously there will be some fluctuations as every battle does not go exactly the same, but you see the point.

I sincerely hope this gets tweaked by the devs as I find it hard to believe that they are OK with the only methods of beating her being an assortment of cheese tactics such as glitching her so she doesn't attack, or getting her stuck in the ridge below and using only guns to bring her down. These cheese tactics will no doubt be patched out one day, and if by then she hasn't been tweaked she will literally be unbeatable on hard.

On 3/30/2017 at 4:55 AM, killkrazed said:

The hell kind of weak pansy cupcake addict tree-hugger of a Broodmother are you guys fighting!?

We lost 20x fully imprinted 30K Hp rexes with decent saddles in barely 2 minutes, with the first casualty being in under a minute.
She was hitting for just over 5k damage to mate-boosted rexes with 45 armor saddles with her regular attacks (had damage numbers enabled), she didn't even get to the point where she used the acid spray.

After some calculations I pegged her base damage for her regular attacks at around 20k (it's eerie how perfect these numbers turned out to be btw):

Damage reduction multiplier (saddle + mate boost): 100/(100 + 4*45)*0.7 = 0.25.
Therefore damage before reductions: 100/25*5000 = 20 000

I honestly don't believe she is beatable using "legitimate" means, using what I would consider a best case scenario of 50k hp rexes all imprinted AND ridden with 100 armor saddles.
And I have the math to prove it:

Base time to wipe at 30k hp with 45 armor saddles and no riders = 180 seconds.
Therefore time to wipe at 50k hp: 180*(1+ 30000/[50000-30000]) = 298 seconds.
Old damage reduction multiplier = 0.25
New multiplier: 100/(100+4*100)*0.7*0.7 = 0.098
Effective damage decrease: (0.25-0.098)/0.25*100 = 60.8%
Therefore new time to wipe: 298*1.608 = 479 seconds (About 8 minutes)

So yeah, even in that scenario your rexes would only survive till slightly past half her timer. And of course, there is 0 chance you will have the dps to kill her in that time since your rexes have basically all their points into hp and no one is using guns. She will be still be hitting for about 2k damage per attack.
Obviously there will be some fluctuations as every battle does not go exactly the same, but you see the point.

I sincerely hope this gets tweaked by the devs as I find it hard to believe that they are OK with the only methods of beating her being an assortment of cheese tactics such as glitching her so she doesn't attack, or getting her stuck in the ridge below and using only guns to bring her down. These cheese tactics will no doubt be patched out one day, and if by then she hasn't been tweaked she will literally be unbeatable on hard.

now did you consider brood turns around and hit her other side? xD or is  this math for when 20 rexes r in 1 exact spot for brood to hit all at once?

Eymonlan: "We completely destroyed Broodmother on hard mode!"

WC: "Oh poop, someone finally beat it. Jat, add microraptors in to the arena! Jen, code in some thylococo's ASAP! Que the rex nerf! This needs to be moar challenging!"

Players: "This is impossible now! We hate it!"

WC: "Ah, the community loves it!"

All kidding aside, good job on your victory. =)

1 minute ago, Irk said:

Eymonlan: "We completely destroyed Broodmother on hard mode!"

WC: "Oh poop, someone finally beat it. Jat, add microraptors in to the arena! Jen, code in some thylococo's ASAP! Que the rex nerf! This needs to be moar challenging!"

Players: "This is impossible now! We hate it!"

WC: "Ah, the community loves it!"

All kidding aside, good job on your victory. =)

AHAHHAHAHA 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017/04/04 at 3:19 PM, Eymonlan said:

now did you consider brood turns around and hit her other side? xD or is  this math for when 20 rexes r in 1 exact spot for brood to hit all at once?

The calculation is based around how long my Rexes took to get killed in a genuine battle against her, despite not hitting all Rexes at once (we surrounded her but didn't get her glitched) it still only took 2 minutes to get wiped. The scenario I posted is what could potentially have happened if her attack pattern and damage remained exactly the same but my Rexes stats were superior - although in my calculations all 20 Rexes had imprinting bonus, when in actuality only 10 of them would, so it's even more grim.

I genuinely want to see someone beat her without glitching her or getting her stuck, unfortunately as of now every single vid I've seen where she is beaten is only with the above 2 methods (or due to some seriously overpowered dino stats on private servers). Even some of my favorite youtubers like H.O.D, Skism and members of Stray Cats have only beaten her with those 2 strategies. But remember, this is a glitch - it's not intended.

So to everyone I pose this very important question: How will you beat her WHEN she eventually gets patched.

here's food for thought... maybe hard broodmother is that hard because of these glitches, and that's why they are given timers. if were it not for timers, players would be running around with the broodmother taking potshots every now and then.

they've nerfed the launchers, they've capped the damage of weapons. they don't even allow paracers with gatling gun to enter, and the only way to beat bosses is either up close and personal or you have to stand afar taking potshots which means you could possibly get one shot killed.

if it weren't for the glitches, players would be at extremely unfair advantage.

On 3/14/2017 at 4:27 AM, Eymonlan said:

[ Official server] Hard Broodmother SLAIN!

For all those interested in bossing.... Hard broodmother seems to have twice the hp of medium. I took the same legion of rexes for medium and finish the boss with 10 minutes left. However during hard mode we had 2 minutes left. Every fight we spend the first two minutes setting up rexes. Even though there was no casualties I felt that the boss is insanely difficult. We had 9 riders with 19 Rexes. Rex stat avg is about 30k HP and 700 Melee. They all have 88.6 Armor saddles. We only had 4 riders with riders buff. The remaining 5 riders borrowed a rex from me. My advice is running a legion of 20-25k hp 800Melee Rexes for Hard Brood to finish in time.

Good to know thx for post.

Brood on any difficulty can be done with as little as two people, as long as you have the rex power (number of rexs, and great stats) to support the dps. You just need to pin it asap, and on hard difficulty, that means you need to sacrifice hp and pin it fast, for high melee in order to do enough dps to finish the fight off. 

Obviously, the more riders you have, the better chance you have to get it pinned. We 2 manned medium brood and the first time, it took about 5 minutes to pin it, as we got used to it, we were able to 2 man pin it in about 30 seconds or less after sending all the rexs onto brood.

Hardmode brood has, like, triple the melee of medium brood lol keep that in mind if you hadn't done that fight yet.

btw congratz OP :)

Archived