Jeremy & Jesse's GDC talk video link

SusanCS

32 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Really interesting. Thanks. I found some of the things they said did not match reality, but it's good to hear their intentions. 

Yep. I don't know if they considered the lurking variables for some items. Yeah, player count may have risen, but perhaps that was because of price cuts? And they say there's a lot of two-way communication, but, uh, that's sorta shaky. I mean, we can easily go a month and some change without hearing from Ced about Primitive + for example. Jeremy tweeted about a flyer rebalance about a month or so ago, but, apart from a few posts from TheRightHand, not much has been said about it. Same with tame limits where we got some of the same with Jen (a bit more, actually). There's some communication, but I don't know if it's to the extent they're thinking. 

10 minutes ago, OnePotatoChip said:

Yep. I don't know if they considered the lurking variables for some items. Yeah, player count may have risen, but perhaps that was because of price cuts? And they say there's a lot of two-way communication, but, uh, that's sorta shaky. I mean, we can easily go a month and some change without hearing from Ced about Primitive + for example. Jeremy tweeted about a flyer rebalance about a month or so ago, but, apart from a few posts from TheRightHand, not much has been said about it. Same with tame limits where we got some of the same with Jen (a bit more, actually). There's some communication, but I don't know if it's to the extent they're thinking. 

Communication is certainly difficult, and often there is a discrepency between what a dev thinks is going on or being seen and heard and what s player sees/hears from the same set of information etc. I wish it were otherwise. I personally prefer overly informing rather than underinforming. Especially as finding the middle ground seems quite like grasping at shadows.

Archived