Electrophorus - The Therizino, Troodon and Jellyfish combined

BobbleHead30

I absolutely hate the eels. Other creatures have been annoying in the past but the eels are ridiculous. You have a world and ocean of creatures and your most dangerous beast is an eel? Are you kidding me? 

Stuns, massive damage, dismounting ability, hunts in packs, it's fast, it has a high aggro range, and it knocks you out almost immediately... and it seems the only way to effectively counter them is a Basilo. So you create an array of creatures for a player to take to the water and then essentially make it so they should only pick one of them? Really?

Troodons got scaled back and they needed to be. Eels need the same treatment. Difficulty is good but being killed by an eel doesn't make you feel like you were bested, it makes you feel like someone held your arms behind your back while someone else beat you up.

16 hours ago, Gilgamesh908 said:

which is actually what I do, except with two whales because occasionally one just won't do the job or the eels embed themselves inside your tame making it difficult for the whales aoe to reach them

the glitching needs to be fixed. i support harder mechanics and strategies but Broken stuff and glitches shouldnt make the game harder

10 hours ago, Tzyon said:

I absolutely hate the eels. Other creatures have been annoying in the past but the eels are ridiculous. You have a world and ocean of creatures and your most dangerous beast is an eel? Are you kidding me? 

Stuns, massive damage, dismounting ability, hunts in packs, it's fast, it has a high aggro range, and it knocks you out almost immediately... and it seems the only way to effectively counter them is a Basilo. So you create an array of creatures for a player to take to the water and then essentially make it so they should only pick one of them? Really?

Troodons got scaled back and they needed to be. Eels need the same treatment. Difficulty is good but being killed by an eel doesn't make you feel like you were bested, it makes you feel like someone held your arms behind your back while someone else beat you up.

they just need to assign a specific Spawn zone so you know when you Will need a Basil and when not. they should do this with all the ocean creatures. right now it's just one big mess 

14 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Never had issues with Eels. Not on a Mosa, not on foot. And I swim a lot. 1000 Oxygen skill.

You have to be aware of your surrounding.

Overcranked speed values unbalancing stuff in ark is a another cat of bags all together, not the first time iv heard of a 1k+ oxy with flippers solo swimming the lost caverns and crap like that or jacking movement up so high on pvp they require explosions to kill. Iv got around 900 oxy myself but I play on prim, no flippers for me, its fun but honestly I dont think we should be able to adjust movement speed lol.

16 hours ago, Dracul said:

Overcranked speed values unbalancing stuff in ark is a another cat of bags all together, not the first time iv heard of a 1k+ oxy with flippers solo swimming the lost caverns and crap like that or jacking movement up so high on pvp they require explosions to kill. Iv got around 900 oxy myself but I play on prim, no flippers for me, its fun but honestly I dont think we should be able to adjust movement speed lol.

It is actually only logical. If you have a bigger lungs volume, you can have more oxygen. This directly means you ca swim longer and you have more energy to spend on muscle power.

And you don't need 1000. Eels only have a swim speed of 400 something.

10 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

It is actually only logical. If you have a bigger lungs volume, you can have more oxygen. This directly means you ca swim longer and you have more energy to spend on muscle power.

And you don't need 1000. Eels only have a swim speed of 400 something.

That's just not how logic works :Jerbmad:  logic adheres to due process and your ignoring a lot with that statement lol. However I wasnt refering to the fact that higher oxygen makes you swim faster making no sense, I was refering to the fact that jacking up movement speed as a whole in ark is the most common approach for pvp because speed is life, especially when you can run the length of the map on foot in like ten minutes. They already reduced the speed per point you get for movement on the no-tame servers  For ark its essentially a legal speedhack, if you go and watch (as an example) people playing SOTF matches they almost never put points into health, instead going pure weight and speed.

Devs are trying desperately to make ark challenging with obnoxious mechanics when adjusting speed values would have been a better approach IMO.

On 3/18/2017 at 2:09 PM, Dracul said:

It also can be abused to wreck turrets and rafts. 

Put C4 on someone, give oxy to 1000, flippers... 

Bases in water will be even more of a joke than land ones until that is fixed. 

Archived