Electrophorus - The Therizino, Troodon and Jellyfish combined

BobbleHead30

Electrophorus - The Therizino, Troodon and Jellyfish combined

In a few days, these creatures will be pushing their way on to Xbox, which worries me.

From what I have seen they have the speed and pack sizes of Troodons,The insane aggro distance of a Therizino, and the powerful capabilities of the illusive Cnidaria.

Can anyone on the PC side of ark confirm how these sea devils work? I'd really like to explore the vast oceans of ark, but i simply cannot once these creatures are out knowing that they can shock and dismount. I'm not even sure if I'm safe to take my Plesiosaur out. (wonder if building a box around the drivers seat would help fend off too.) 

20 minutes ago, Lumitesi said:

Imagine jellyfish with bigger Packs, aggro range almost the size of render distance and faster than a player with flippers and zero oxy. That's the electroaids. Watch your Plesio become either a nice decoration on your base or eel food when the patch hits. 

So the Basilosaur is the only viable water mount now? If so I better tame one up fast. :P

10 minutes ago, BobbleHead30 said:

So the Basilosaur is the only viable water mount now? If so I better tame one up fast. :P

No, Squids do the job too. Just gotta not panic. Eels and jelly dont stunlock and are easy to kill before they reach you. Worst that can happen is they clip into the squid's body and make you stuck, but if you have it on passive and following, when you dismount and swim away the Squid will be free. Just dont panic, you have 8s stun then 2recharge, dismount on recharge. 

I hate them so much. they nearly killed my 227 squid because they all stacked inside the body of the squid so I couldn't move anymore. the only thing i could do is unmount and follow/passive my squid but as soon as I unmounted (even tho I tried to time it so their shock attack was on cooldown) shocked me and I died 2 sec later.I respawned mounted one of my itchy and run there as fast as I could. they took down 15k hp in less than 1min. Glad my squid survived.

These eels are cancer. they need to add a crowd control reduction after each stun so at one point you can either move or attack and not be stun locked.

Yeah eels are broken as a whole, they single handedly made all but two aquatic tames nearly obsolete. Wildcard seems to be hell bent on cheesing its own playerbase with troods KOing any newbies on sight, instant dismount jellyfish/eels and stunlock baryonyx. Can't wait for them to figure out how to set ants on fire so they immolate and fear all the flying mounts.

Jokes aside, eels are badly designed and poorly implimented, even tamed they are bad. (As they are ALWAYS at the lowest follow setting apparently, and reliably get stuck in everything, including players.) Worst collision box sense squids.

They need to be fixed. They shouldn't be allowed to stack inside of your dinos body to trap it, especially a squid, and their aggro range is too large AND their electric shizzle is too constant.

I'm not going to just sit here and say "Yeah they're cool! can't wait to tame a few!" no... they just make the ocean more painful that it can already be at times.

8 minutes ago, 544Predator said:

I just think the tame with Therizinosaurus Kibble is taking unfair longer than other kibble tames. If i can trust on the time tables from arkpedia!?

Why would you tame any carnivore with kibble these days? (other than a Thylacoleo)

To tame a L150 Wild Basilo is 18 minutes with 35 x Therizino Kibble and you get +70 levels.

To tame a L150 Wild Basilo is 12 minutes with 37 x Raw Mutton and you get +69 levels.

It's really a no brainer. Forget the kibble mate.

31 minutes ago, Thalantyr said:

Why would you tame any carnivore with kibble these days? (other than a Thylacoleo)

To tame a L150 Wild Basilo is 18 minutes with 35 x Therizino Kibble and you get +70 levels.

To tame a L150 Wild Basilo is 12 minutes with 37 x Raw Mutton and you get +69 levels.

It's really a no brainer. Forget the kibble mate.

Im refering to this Site: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Basilosaurus

And there it says 10h 06m for a Level 150 to tame with Therizinosaurus Kibble.

So it is 18 minutes you stating, this helps me alot!

I never tried because i was afraid of the long taming time. The Kibble i have tons...

1 hour ago, Thalantyr said:

It most definitely is. We tamed a L125 Wild Basilo quite early and it's been the best tame we've had, especially after the eel addition.

i like how ARK is evolving into a counter game. you cant just tame 1 dino and be ready to take on the island. All the dinos are getting their niche functions. i love it

1 hour ago, BobRoss said:

i like how ARK is evolving into a counter game. you cant just tame 1 dino and be ready to take on the island. All the dinos are getting their niche functions. i love it

except that a counter based gameplay doesn't work in Ark like it would in a Pokemon for example.  Counters work in Pokemon because if your opponent sends out a water-type and you have fire on the field, you have the option of switching to either a nuetral type or a counter to their water or use strategy keep your fire on the field, debuff or sweep it with a thunder punch or something.  In Ark, encounters are final and combat has very little strategic diversity.  You cant rapidly change your mount, and any dino that's countered by another is 100% countered, they don't have that pocket thunder punch.  They get in a situation they can't win, they just die.  This means in the water, you're forced to use Basilo or something that can outspeed and maneuver eels like mantas and icthies.

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh908 said:

except that a counter based gameplay doesn't work in Ark like it would in a Pokemon for example.  Counters work in Pokemon because if your opponent sends out a water-type and you have fire on the field, you have the option of switching to either a nuetral type or a counter to their water or use strategy keep your fire on the field, debuff or sweep it with a thunder punch or something.  In Ark, encounters are final and combat has very little strategic diversity.  You cant rapidly change your mount, and any dino that's countered by another is 100% countered, they don't have that pocket thunder punch.  They get in a situation they can't win, they just die.  This means in the water, you're forced to use Basilo or something that can outspeed and maneuver eels like mantas and icthies.

or you bring a backup basil while riding your mosa and swap to it when u encounter eels or jellyfish 

1 hour ago, BobRoss said:

or you bring a backup basil while riding your mosa and swap to it when u encounter eels or jellyfish 

which is actually what I do, except with two whales because occasionally one just won't do the job or the eels embed themselves inside your tame making it difficult for the whales aoe to reach them

Archived