PvP no fliers server with big dinos untamable

PvP no fliers server with big dinos untamable

Hello!

I have been thinking for a while about the possibilities of a PvP server that limits the pool of tameable dinos from small to medium-sized ones - in other words, a server where rexes, gigas, quetzals and spinos are untameable. The goal with this is that smaller tribes won't get as stomped by bigger ones, and have the ability to overthrow the current "alphas", as well as to freshen up the dino part of PvP. Fliers such as Argentavis, Pteranodon, Tapejara and Quetzal will be untameable, however Pelagornis and Archaeopteryxes will still be both tameable and can be used to fly.

I guess my desire for such a server stems from my solo experience on Official PvP servers, where smaller dinos such as raptors, kapros, terrorbirds and saberteeth were considered useless. Pretty much anything below a level 125+ kibble tamed rex(or 150 kibble tamed/bred pteras) was deemed this way. Being a solo player, it was a lot safer for me to tame these smaller dinos - both because they were less likely to kill me or knock me off a cliff, and because they wouldn't need as much space in my base and I wouldn't have to farm so much materials for new walls.

This idea is still not fully solid - I am not exactly sure when the "medium-sized" dinos pool shift to become "large" dinos - should Dire Bears and Carnos be tameable, but unrideable?-should they be tameable at all?-should the server be on primitive or tek settings, or even primitive+?

I am grateful to hear any thoughts on this - be they negative or positive or neutral. Criticism is encouraged, but compliments are also welcome ;), as well as suggestions on what could make this concept work. It would be nice to see if anyone would be interested in either playing as a regular player on a server like this, or host one.

What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a successful No-Flyer Island map for 3 months now. IT also limits Tribe membership to 5 members to limit "alpha tribe" mentality. We are going to wipe soon and start a cluster between The Center and Scorched Earth that will have less restrictions. Once I can drum up enough funds the 3rd server will be added to the cluster that will be an Island map with Survival Plus mod installed. It reduces the amount of taming you can do and increases the crafting you need to do to survive.  Check us out at https://theshatteredfortress.enjin.com/

I like no fly, and am in the process of setting one up, but I am not rushing in.  I have played on one before and it was good.  Fliers make it too easy.

My current plans involve making adult dinos untameable, and wild baby dinos not spawn above a set level, so that there will be big bad wild dinos that are more powerful than your tames.  This on top of the no fly,  Some other creatures will be untameable to, some of the large biped carnivores are on my short list for being untameable. 

Archived