sophiesmith

I can't type at all!

I can't type at all!

I've had a problem with this before but it never really seemed to get fixed. I can't type anywhere on the xbox ark game. I cant change dinosaurs names, use admin commands, type in multiplayer, or even change the stat settings. it just won't let me type. this has happened before but it fixed once I turned my WiFi on. but this time it's not fixing no matter what I do. it's been happening since January. please help, thank you. 

I had that same problem before. At first I though it was Ark that was causing the problem and restarted the game but that didn't work. I soon after realized, after changing controllers, that it was the controller causing the problem, not the game. Just try and use another controller to play the game and see if that fixed the problem like it did for me

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2017 at 1:09 AM, Tryhard41 said:

I had that same problem before. At first I though it was Ark that was causing the problem and restarted the game but that didn't work. I soon after realized, after changing controllers, that it was the controller causing the problem, not the game. Just try and use another controller to play the game and see if that fixed the problem like it did for me

oh my gosh I feel like such an idiot. Thank you so so so so much. I've tried everything  and this is the only solution I've found. apparently when my brother hooked up his new battle field controller, it messed with the other controllers and wouldn't allow me to type and if I unplug that controller or use that controller I can type. thank you so so so much 

On 3/16/2017 at 3:15 PM, Inzzane said:

Using Wifi to play online games.......... It´s 2017 and people still don´t know that Wifi and gaming doesn´t do well with each other.

Hardwired is the way to go, and the only way to go

except if you live in country where using only 4G wifi gives you lower ping and higher upload speed than your hardwired... hardwired is not the only usable option. I know some networks suck but it doesn't mean that one is better than any other. 

Its more about where you live than whats the way your internet is connected

On 3/11/2017 at 10:18 AM, sophiesmith said:

I can't type at all!

I've had a problem with this before but it never really seemed to get fixed. I can't type anywhere on the xbox ark game. I cant change dinosaurs names, use admin commands, type in multiplayer, or even change the stat settings. it just won't let me type. this has happened before but it fixed once I turned my WiFi on. but this time it's not fixing no matter what I do. it's been happening since January. please help, thank you. 

On 3/15/2017 at 1:09 AM, Tryhard41 said:

This is my number one problem with ark! (happened since day one)

For some reason the black controllers can't type on ark for some odd reason? Wire controllers work. + To use my black controllers I will need to sign into another account with a wire controller. Bought a new black controller to find out it didn't work. (Still kept it since why not, wish I had it colored now though haha)

@Jat

Edited by EchoingTime

6 hours ago, mleii said:

@Jat is aware and they are looking into seeing how they can improve this.

Hopefully it will fix it for me too... I had this issue since day one and this getting fixed would be the best update haha. (For me, other updates are great too!)

Edited by EchoingTime

I to now am having an issue typing anything into the game. I'm using a keyboard rather than the controller. Never had a issue with it until the last patch that came out recently. My keyboard works fine with every other use in xbox, just not ark. 

I have never been able to type since day one. I even bought a chat pad thinking that would help, but I still cannot type. Also tried hooking up a wired keyboard, still nothing. I figured it was just broken for everyone on Xbox.

edit

just fixed this by removing the guitar hero dongles from the back of my Xbox. I can now type!!!

Edited by Washdoubt
Updated info

13 minutes ago, CollectJuggler3 said:

Help I just purchased ark on Xbox one for 59.99$ and I get into the game and the place when you can type admin commands isn't there. I am currently downloading it again. My WiFi is on obviously. But what do I do if it doesn't show up again?

Hit LB + RB + Y + X at the same time and it will come up.

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2018 at 1:43 PM, DanielFire2013 said:

I’m having this problem now and none of the suggestions here have worked. I have gone to other websites and done those suggestions it still hasn’t worked. I do not know what to do no matter what the keyboard will not show up.

Same. 

This reddit post says it's because of things plugged into the USB, but the game is running off a USB hard drive so it's impossible to unplug it. Have unplugged everything else to no avail. Even tried plugging in a usb keyboard but it won't type either. How has this not been fixed yet?

On 11/03/2017 at 3:18 PM, sophiesmith said:

I can't type at all!

Dont charge a second controller whilst using one (possibly works if you have both wired?) had the same issue. Unplugged that controller, and then turned mine off and back on again and worked fine

Hello,

Since xbox console can use inputs from xbox app. there might be a link problem. ARK now brings the keyboard up even if you are not online.

So goto settings and network turn off Internet by going offline. Open single player press lb+rb+x+y the keyboard opens and you can go online again.

Type saveworld and execute  (admincommand button) and then exit. Unless you play for free in single player that is.

Don't forget todays update and changes to single player.

Hope it was helpful.

Regards,

Sara and Ari