myers3235

Wonder

Wondering in general is broken. Even inside a base a dino can glitch through multiple walls and wonder off?  It seems like the game loads dinos first and then the walls. So even my snail thats in a cage on wonder (to produce) will sometimes wonder outside its cage if no one is near the base.  Is this problem happening with anyone else or am i just doing something wrong?

8 minutes ago, myers3235 said:

Wonder

Wondering in general is broken. Even inside a base a dino can glitch through multiple walls and wonder off?  It seems like the game loads dinos first and then the walls. So even my snail thats in a cage on wonder (to produce) will sometimes wonder outside its cage if no one is near the base.  Is this problem happening with anyone else or am i just doing something wrong?

Sorry wander*** not wonder....my bad.

Yes, unfortunately Ark renders dinosaurs first, and structures after...which leads to things like what you're experiencing, with your pets glitching through walls. It can also lead to wild dinosaurs seeming to spawn inside your base.

As far as I know, there's nothing that can be done about it, unless you take your pets off of wander before you leave the area.

6 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

Wooden cages work for dung beetles and snails, when you put them in the "correct spot". I had to replace mine several times until they worked. Had no problems for 3+ months now.

I've noticed this too, after reseting my beetle several times, and giving him a very stern warning. He finally has decided trying to escape isn't in his best interest Haha. 

Railings also seem to work properly. We have seweral snails (achatinas) enclosed in a 2by2 metal railing place, se to wander and not one got lost. 

Did it on both platform and on simple ground, not one was able to escape the enclsed place. Its working for a week by now... I will check beetles today, we have a spare plce for them :)

place them in a double layered area. the chance of them wandering through the first is small but it happens, they wont wander through the second as by then the wall will have rendered in. just make sure to check the place in between the walls regularly and put the creatures that wandered through the first one back inside

Archived