How do you get a mutation

Herobrinescouz

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Exothermic said:

It is just rng. Have to do a lot of breeding most of the time but you can always get lucky. My first time breeding was during the Valentine's Day event and I luckily got a cyan Rex. I do think that many people got mutations during the event though.

Thanks i guess im really unlucky because ive on my own private server bread rexs and spinos a lot and gotten nothing.

1 hour ago, Normie said:

Youve got to find brontos with the higher stat in the wild, and introduce those into the gene pool.  With that you can get a mutation.

Finding brontos that tame out to higher than 45 levels in a given stat isn't exactly an easy task.

Also mutations are random. What you describe here has no bearing on whether they happen or not. It only increases their impact on the final creature.

23 hours ago, vanyelxp5 said:

Finding brontos that tame out to higher than 45 levels in a given stat isn't exactly an easy task.

Also mutations are random. What you describe here has no bearing on whether they happen or not. It only increases their impact on the final creature.

Yes I am aware, however if you can keep going and find brontos with better stats, you can not only increase their worth, but you have a chance at mutating a better bronto.

15 minutes ago, Normie said:

Yes I am aware, however if you can keep going and find brontos with better stats, you can not only increase their worth, but you have a chance at mutating a better bronto.

Which is why I do keep searching, I wasn't stating that it wouldn't be beneficial to do so, just commenting that out of the hundreds I have hatched, I've only gotten a single mutation, and it was a useless one, speed..

Had it been a color mutation, or any other stat, I'd have been happy with it. Had they actually had speed mutations increase speed (even if only by like, 0.5%) I'd have been happy with it. Instead, it did nothing useful for me. +2 levels on one that is still 3 levels lower than my highest (and guaranteed) hatch levels.

Countless breeding iterations up in the 10-20+ times, then back breed them to their sisters, mothers, brothers, dads.

Then breed those together, usually you start to see some mutations at that point. If you want colors you need to breed very hi lvl dinos 175-250+.

You usually get one pretty quick with hi lvl ones. Or you can cut to the chance, buy or trade for a few muted eggs and start your breeding program with some already established in the line.

We have done some low lvl wilds and gotten a few single mutes, but usually only stats nothing on color. [total waste of days] Only hi lvl ones have produced color mutes.

On regular rates x1, its an insanely slow process and not worth the trouble for how long it takes to get something muted. [horrible grind]

Its a slow process and takes days and weeks of breeding, hatching, raising, then do it again. I dread it mostly now as all it means for me is un-ending meat runs all day every day to feed the buggers. They you shelf em, breed an egg, and start again. Rinse/repeat...

The best part of doing it: Waiting for the egg to crack and seeing if you got anything. lol Its like play a slot machine. Usually you get nothing so its prime for dinner most eve. ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived