Kapros are such a pain...

Wodlez

10 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

A sword works better than a pike, even a higher-level one will go down pretty quickly. Also put your tame on Neutral, that way it can try to help you.

Hmm I may need to put some points into swords I'm always running out because I'll build for some thing and realise I needed something more important and have no points :-( 

On 10/03/2017 at 1:18 AM, Phonyboy said:

Level up your health. It's totally worth it. With higher health and using even primitive flak armor you should be able to pike any Kapro to death even high level ones. 

So i tried pikes with metal armour but it works when I'm 1v1 i was jumped by 3 of them and lost 1k cp as i was doing a trade, had a wolf die this time how do i fight more than 1?

2 minutes ago, Wodlez said:

So i tried pikes with metal armour but it works when I'm 1v1 i was jumped by 3 of them and lost 1k cp as i was doing a trade, had a wolf die this time how do i fight more than 1?

Avoiding them until you get stronger tames. If you see 3 its best to reroute.

Lure them away individually and eliminate them that way.

Bait them until they're out of water, where the lunge is easier to predict and dodge.

If you have high enough ground you can shoot them down while they helplessly lunge forward and miss.

Ya we don't really have a tactic other than wear good armour in the swamp so you can take the hits and chop it to death asap, we pretty high level n if we see a pack we'll avoid/ pick them off one by one as has been suggested. It's not really worth the hassle, sometimes they'll grab you and clip you under the ground, no amount of armour or chopping gonna save you from that!

Our base is set up in the swamp on the island map, regularly deal with Kapros everyday.  Any decently mobile mount like baryonyx or saber can move so fast they miss their pounce so long as you don't ever stand still while in the swamps (always be moving), and larger animals like paracer and rex keep you out of their jump height.

For those times I do mess up amd get grabbed I actually have 150% melee only to two shot kapros with my pike, they're really fragile even at high levels.  Some HP is good but im this situation I think killing it faster to save hp is better than having enough hp to kill it slowly especially since they also drain stamina.

Kapros arnt really a problem Iv been kapronapped on a few occasions from the back of thornys and carnotaurs but a good sword and a few wacks tends to murder all but the highest level ones very fast. The issue is your generally still off your mount, in the swamp, injured and probably knee deep in snakes. I recommend ghili, tends to be a bit tougher than hide, cools you, and the reduced aggro radius is damn helpful when youve been dismounted. Also a strong shoulder pet can help, vultures in particular or dimos are good choices.

1 hour ago, Dracul said:

Kapros arnt really a problem Iv been kapronapped on a few occasions from the back of thornys and carnotaurs but a good sword and a few wacks tends to murder all but the highest level ones very fast. The issue is your generally still off your mount, in the swamp, injured and probably knee deep in snakes. I recommend ghili, tends to be a bit tougher than hide, cools you, and the reduced aggro radius is damn helpful when youve been dismounted. Also a strong shoulder pet can help, vultures in particular or dimos are good choices.

I think I'm going to coin that an official phrase.... Kapronapped, also on topic, what everyone else has said is good, pike, flak and a large mount m'kay?

Archived