[INFO][TUT] XBOX 1 Server Settings Explained

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/17/2016 at 0:11 PM, LostBytes said:

Here is an explanation of what all the settings do for the xbox 1 dedicated private server.....Explanations taken from  http://ark.gamepedia.com/Server

DayCycleSpeedScale
Specifies the scaling factor for the passage of time in the ARK, controlling how often day changes to night and night changes to day. The default value 1 provides the same cycle speed as the singleplayer experience (and the official public servers). Values lower than 1 slow down the cycle; higher values accelerate it. Base time when value is 1 appears to be 1 minute real time equals approx. 28 minutes game time. Thus, for an approximate 24 hour day/night cycle in game, use .035 for the value.
DayTimeSpeedScale     
Specifies the scaling factor for the passage of time in the ARK during the day. This value determines the length of each day, relative to the length of each night (as specified by NightTimeSpeedScale

. Lowering this value increases the length of each day.
DifficultyOffset     
Specifies the difficulty level.
DinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier
Specifies the scaling factor for dinosaurs' food consumption. Higher values increase food consumption (dinosaurs get hungry faster).
DinoCharacterHealthRecoveryMultiplier
Specifies the scaling factor for dinosaurs' health recovery. Higher values increase the recovery rate (dinosaurs heal faster).
DinoCharacterStaminaDrainMultiplier
Specifies the scaling factor for dinosaurs' stamina consumption. Higher values increase stamina consumption (dinosaurs get tired faster).
DinoCountMultiplier     
Specifies the scaling factor for dinosaur spawns. Higher values increase the number of dinosaurs spawned throughout the ARK.
DinoDamageMultiplier     
Specifies the scaling factor for the damage dinosaurs deal with their attacks. The default value 1 provides normal damage. Higher values increase damage. Lower values decrease it.
DinoResistanceMultiplier
Specifies the scaling factor for the resistance to damage dinosaurs receive when attacked. The default value 1 provides normal damage. Higher values decrease resistance, increasing damage per attack. Lower values increase it, reducing damage per attack. A value of 0.5 results in a dino taking half damage while a value of 2.0 would result in a dino taking double normal damage.
DisableDinoDecayPvE     
Disable the gradual (7 days) decay of dinosaur ownership. Without this set to true, every dinosaur can be claimed by any player.
DisableStructureDecayPvE     
Disable the gradual (7 days) decay of player structures
globalVoiceChat
Voice chat turns global
HarvestAmountMultiplier
Specifies the scaling factor for yields from all harvesting activities (chopping down trees, picking berries, carving carcasses, mining rocks, etc.). Higher values increase the amount of materials harvested with each strike.
HarvestHealthMultiplier
Specifies the scaling factor for the "health" of items that can be harvested (trees, rocks, carcasses, etc.). Higher values increase the amount of damage (i.e. "number of strikes") such objects can withstand before being destroyed, which results in higher overall harvest yields.
NightTimeSpeedScale     
Specifies the scaling factor for the passage of time in the ARK during night time. This value determines the length of each night, relative to the length of each day (as specified by DayTimeSpeedScale.

Lowering this value increases the length of each night.
PlayerCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier     
Specifies the scaling factor for player characters' food consumption. Higher values increase food consumption (player characters get hungry faster).
PlayerCharacterHealthRecoveryMultiplier
Specifies the scaling factor for player characters' health recovery. Higher values increase the recovery rate (player characters heal faster).
PlayerCharacterStaminaDrainMultiplier     
Specifies the scaling factor for player characters' stamina consumption. Higher values increase stamina consumption (player characters get tired faster).
PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier     
Specifies the scaling factor for player characters' water consumption. Higher values increase water consumption (player characters get thirsty faster).
PlayerDamageMultiplier
Specifies the scaling factor for the damage players deal with their attacks. The default value 1 provides normal damage. Higher values increase damage. Lower values decrease it.
PlayerResistanceMultiplier
Specifies the scaling factor for the resistance to damage players receive when attacked. The default value 1 provides normal damage. Higher values decrease resistance, increasing damage per attack. Lower values increase it, reducing damage per attack. A value of 0.5 results in a player taking half damage while a value of 2.0 would result in taking double normal damage.
proximityChat     
Only players near each other can see their chat messages
PvEStructureDecayDestructionPeriod     
Specifies the time required for player structures to decay in PvE mode. The specific effect(s) of this option and its range of valid values are unknown as of this writing.[1]
PvEStructureDecayPeriodMultiplier     
Specifies the scaling factor for the decay rate of player structures in PvE mode. The specific effect(s) of this option and its range of valid values are unknown as of this writing.[1]
PvPStructureDecay     
Turns off structure decay on PvP servers.
ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier     
Specifies the scaling factor for the respawn rate for resource nodes (trees, rocks, bushes, etc.). Lower values cause nodes to respawn more frequently.
serverHardcore
Enables hardcore mode (player characters revert to level 1 upon death)
serverPVE     
Disables PvP, enables PvE
ShowMapPlayerLocation     
Show each player their own precise position when they view their map
StructureDamageMultiplier     
Specifies the scaling factor for the damage structures deal with their attacks (i.e. spiked walls). The default value 1 provides normal damage. Higher values increase damage. Lower values decrease it.
StructureResistanceMultiplier
Specifies the scaling factor for the resistance to damage structures receive when attacked. The default value 1 provides normal damage. Higher values decrease resistance, increasing damage per attack. Lower values increase it, reducing damage per attack. A value of 0.5 results in a structure taking half damage while a value of 2.0 would result in a structure taking double normal damage.
TamingSpeedMultiplier     
Specifies the scaling factor for dinosaur taming speed. Higher values make taming faster.
XPMultiplier     
Specifies the scaling factor for the experience received by players, tribes and dinosaurs for various actions. The default value 1 provides the same amounts of experience as in the singleplayer experience (and official public servers). Higher values increase XP amounts awarded for various actions; lower values decrease it.

Hey, does dino damage effect both wild and tamed dinos, because four of mine, a pair of moderately leveled up Sarcos and Icthys just got wrecked and murdered by a few low leveled Megalodons and my level 50 Megalodon was severely hurt in the fight, almost dying to these low leveled chumps, the highest being a 30, but was the first one I killed and only managed to kill one of my Icthys who was level 16, so it probably make sense how she was beaten so easily, but then my other Icthy and my Sarcos, level 23 and mid 30s were killed by a level 11 and 15 Megalodon which doesn't make sense as though I think they might of been mated boosted to increase their damage, my pair of Icthys and Sarcos were also mate boosted, plus it also doesn't explain how my level 50 Megalodon was almost killed by them.

15 hours ago, Buttons551 said:

Hey, does dino damage effect both wild and tamed dinos, because four of mine, a pair of moderately leveled up Sarcos and Icthys just got wrecked and murdered by a few low leveled Megalodons and my level 50 Megalodon was severely hurt in the fight, almost dying to these low leveled chumps, the highest being a 30, but was the first one I killed and only managed to kill one of my Icthys who was level 16, so it probably make sense how she was beaten so easily, but then my other Icthy and my Sarcos, level 23 and mid 30s were killed by a level 11 and 15 Megalodon which doesn't make sense as though I think they might of been mated boosted to increase their damage, my pair of Icthys and Sarcos were also mate boosted, plus it also doesn't explain how my level 50 Megalodon was almost killed by them.

Dino damage is how much damage wild dinos do to you. Your dinos are tied to player damage. So dino damag really high is just hurting yourself. Ive tried it on 0 and my tames wrecked everything. The wild dinos did no damage at all.

On 2/18/2016 at 11:40 AM, MasterHolister said:

Dino damage is how much damage wild dinos do to you. Your dinos are tied to player damage. So dino damag really high is just hurting yourself. Ive tried it on 0 and my tames wrecked everything. The wild dinos did no damage at all.

Are tames tied to player damage while not ridden? And is a tames resistance tied to player or dino resistance?

4 minutes ago, SupeIRxSaiyaIN said:

so sorry if I'm being slow but the multipliers will as in taming speed boost xp boost ect. will be available for official servers?

No. That wouldn't make any sense unless it was a boosted server for more casual gamers. 

And the devs have said they don't have any intention at the moment of implementing any of these types of servers. 

Sorry!

On 3/8/2016 at 7:33 PM, CaliMeatWagon said:

Anybody figure out what the rules settings mean? Would it be possible to have it as PvE during the day and PvP during the night?

Yes , just click use system time(for real time) or Use game time (to match pvp with night or day in game) Then set the start/stop time in seconds ,(Eg 0= 12:00:00 am , 3600 = 1;00:00 am, 3900 = 1:05:00am, 86400 = 11:59:59 pm) I may be a second off.

10 hours ago, F1nchyStryd3r said:

We are subbed to a small YouTuber called Jade Plays Games and he has done the 1st part of XBOX server settings tutorial explaining what each box/slider does. He is going to be uploading more videos on the rest of the settings. We don't know him personally, but his videos have helped us out alot. Hope this helps the community. Let us know if it helps you :D

Archived