[INFO][TUT] XBOX 1 Server Settings Explained

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, LordSatanos said:

Not to my knowledge. I hope they can include it, I'd imagine it having issues due to hardware limitations but don't quote me on that. 

That as well as admin commands. They seems to really push the limits of what a Xbox one can do, especially within a server. I mean minecraft doesn't have servers for xbox and its 5 times as big as this. Which is sad. Congrats WildCARD

47 minutes ago, TheBullWillWin said:

That as well as admin commands. They seems to really push the limits of what a Xbox one can do, especially within a server. I mean minecraft doesn't have servers for xbox and its 5 times as big as this. Which is sad. Congrats WildCARD

Well to be fair you're trying to compare apples to oranges. Which is actually sad. Minecrafts textures alone make it hell of a lot easier to process on top of that, Ark isn't even out of Alpha yet and Minecraft has been released since last year. So again, terrible choice in a comparison. Would you like to cry again?  

56 minutes ago, LordSatanos said:

Well to be fair you're trying to compare apples to oranges. Which is actually sad. Minecrafts textures alone make it hell of a lot easier to process on top of that, Ark isn't even out of Alpha yet and Minecraft has been released since last year. So again, terrible choice in a comparison. Would you like to cry again?  

im just saying in popularity comparison it makes sense. Minecraft should be a lot easier to do anything with but they don't. So Wildcard has taken advantage and pushed the boundaries of server based gaming. I applaud them. Just saying mojang is miles behind Wildcard. I feel like this game will be better than minecraft in every way. Im just lucky that someone decided to give people want they want. For that 2 Thumbs up to Wildcard

On March 9, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Emchuw said:

In the settings it says "PvPStructureDecay" to disable (I want to enable, though) structure decay on PvP servers... I'm not finding it anywhere in the "host ark settings" or am I just blind?

There is a setting for PVE structure decay. Since a pvp server is a actually a PVPVE server maybe this is the applicable setting?  I want to change it from 7 days to five days so how do I do that. This has no relationship to the structure resistance setting I would think. Can someone test this on a PVP server and set it to a few minutes. Quit your tribe, wait the time, and see if you then demoliah the structure. This is hard to test I know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2016 at 10:04 PM, Joshporks said:

Do I just need another Xbox to host my server? Or do I need another Xbox and different gamer tag with ark bought on it to host it? Like can I just go on my friends Xbox and host it then play on my Xbox with the same gamer tag and play it normally?

I don't think you can use the same GT. I haven't tried it, but I would think you'd run into some problems being logged on to two accounts. What I've done on my second xbox was sign in my main account to download the game and I run it off my secondary account. That saves you from buying it twice, but I think that's about as thrifty as it gets. If you try to run it off your main account and play on another xbox let me know if that works! 

9 hours ago, LordSatanos said:

I don't think you can use the same GT. I haven't tried it, but I would think you'd run into some problems being logged on to two accounts. What I've done on my second xbox was sign in my main account to download the game and I run it off my secondary account. That saves you from buying it twice, but I think that's about as thrifty as it gets. If you try to run it off your main account and play on another xbox let me know if that works! 

I have 2 Xbox's and it won't let me log into both of them.  If I do it just says "you have logged out elsewhere" and logs me out of one Xbox and into the other.  Was very annoying with 2 kinects when I first got more than one Xbox.  I'd be playing a game then walk into the other room and it would log me in automatically with kinect and log me out of the game I was playing on the first Xbox. So I had to make a few changes the next day :P

Sorry if this is the place not to be but I just have a question for the people already got a server running

well the thing is I have just recently brought an Xbox one to host my own server for players to join and it's all fun and games for a little while then while I'm at work the server doesn't want to stay live my Xbox stays on the profile stays logged in but the server is not running. I've got a fair few people playing with me around 14 and they are starting to get annoyed with the fact my server is meant to be 24/7 and it don't stay on during the day ! Please please please can someone help me out ! 

On April 27, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Grotty said:

Sorry if this is the place not to be but I just have a question for the people already got a server running

well the thing is I have just recently brought an Xbox one to host my own server for players to join and it's all fun and games for a little while then while I'm at work the server doesn't want to stay live my Xbox stays on the profile stays logged in but the server is not running. I've got a fair few people playing with me around 14 and they are starting to get annoyed with the fact my server is meant to be 24/7 and it don't stay on during the day ! Please please please can someone help me out ! 

Same here since last patch as well as the owne before that added the new caves. It crashes every few hours since that and I had to restart it. Now it won't even start and the dedicate server crashes on loading the game, at the world end section of the loading process and crashes to the home screen.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/13/2016 at 3:04 AM, Joshporks said:

Do I just need another Xbox to host my server? Or do I need another Xbox and different gamer tag with ark bought on it to host it? Like can I just go on my friends Xbox and host it then play on my Xbox with the same gamer tag and play it normally?

You need two xbox ones for the one that you are hosting from i would go into settings on the console and set as your home console and the 2nd one you can just sign into normally you would need a 2nd account but you wouldn't need to pay for gold on the one that is set as your home console

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

• 1 month later...

Archived