[INFO][TUT] XBOX 1 Server Settings Explained

Here is an explanation of what all the settings do for the xbox 1 dedicated private server.....Explanations taken from  http://ark.gamepedia.com/Server

For any I have missed please visit the wiki. (Updated 3/9/16)

alwaysNotifyPlayerJoined Players will always get notified if someone joins the server
alwaysNotifyPlayerLeft Players will always get notified if someone leaves the server
globalVoiceChat Voice chat turns global
ShowMapPlayerLocation Show each player their own precise position when they view their map
noTributeDownloads Disables downloading characters from other servers
proximityChat Only players near each other can see their chat messages
serverPVE Disables PvP, enables PvE
serverHardcore Enables hardcore mode (player characters revert to level 1 upon death)
serverForceNoHud HUD always disabled
DisableStructureDecayPvE Disable the gradual (7 days) decay of player structures
DisableDinoDecayPvE Disable the gradual (7 days) decay of dinosaur ownership. Without this set to true, every dinosaur can be claimed by any player.
AllowFlyerCarryPvE Permit flying dinosaurs to pick up other dinosaurs and players when mounted by a player in PvE
MaxStructuresInRange Specifies the maximum number of structures that can be constructed within a certain (currently hard-coded) range.
MaxPlayers Specifies the maximum number of players that can play on the server simultaneously. Must be placed under [/script/engine.gamesession] in GameUserSettings.ini to function when not used in the command line.
DifficultyOffset Specifies the difficulty level.
ServerPassword If specified, players must provide this password to join the server.
ServerAdminPassword If specified, players must provide this password (via the in-game console) to gain access to administrator commands on the server.
SpectatorPassword To use non-admin spectator, the server must specify a spectator password. Then any client can use these console commands: requestspectator <password> and stopspectating. See patch 191.0 for more information and hotkeys.
DayCycleSpeedScale Specifies the scaling factor for the passage of time in the ARK, controlling how often day changes to night and night changes to day. The default value 1 provides the same cycle speed as the singleplayer experience (and the official public servers). Values lower than 1 slow down the cycle; higher values accelerate it. Base time when value is 1 appears to be 1 minute real time equals approx. 28 minutes game time. Thus, for an approximate 24 hour day/night cycle in game, use .035 for the value.
NightTimeSpeedScale Specifies the scaling factor for the passage of time in the ARK during night time. This value determines the length of each night, relative to the length of each day (as specified by DayTimeSpeedScale. Lowering this value increases the length of each night.
DayTimeSpeedScale Specifies the scaling factor for the passage of time in the ARK during the day. This value determines the length of each day, relative to the length of each night (as specified by NightTimeSpeedScale. Lowering this value increases the length of each day.
DinoDamageMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for the damage dinosaurs deal with their attacks. The default value 1 provides normal damage. Higher values increase damage. Lower values decrease it.
PlayerDamageMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for the damage players deal with their attacks. The default value 1 provides normal damage. Higher values increase damage. Lower values decrease it.
StructureDamageMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for the damage structures deal with their attacks (i.e. spiked walls). The default value 1 provides normal damage. Higher values increase damage. Lower values decrease it.
PlayerResistanceMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for the resistance to damage players receive when attacked. The default value 1 provides normal damage. Higher values decrease resistance, increasing damage per attack. Lower values increase it, reducing damage per attack. A value of 0.5 results in a player taking half damage while a value of 2.0 would result in taking double normal damage.
DinoResistanceMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for the resistance to damage dinosaurs receive when attacked. The default value 1 provides normal damage. Higher values decrease resistance, increasing damage per attack. Lower values increase it, reducing damage per attack. A value of 0.5 results in a dino taking half damage while a value of 2.0 would result in a dino taking double normal damage.
StructureResistanceMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for the resistance to damage structures receive when attacked. The default value 1 provides normal damage. Higher values decrease resistance, increasing damage per attack. Lower values increase it, reducing damage per attack. A value of 0.5 results in a structure taking half damage while a value of 2.0 would result in a structure taking double normal damage.
XPMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for the experience received by players, tribes and dinosaurs for various actions. The default value 1 provides the same amounts of experience as in the singleplayer experience (and official public servers). Higher values increase XP amounts awarded for various actions; lower values decrease it.
PvEStructureDecayPeriodMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for the decay rate of player structures in PvE mode. The specific effect(s) of this option and its range of valid values are unknown as of this writing.[1]
PvEStructureDecayDestructionPeriod Specifies the time required for player structures to decay in PvE mode. The specific effect(s) of this option and its range of valid values are unknown as of this writing.[1]
TamingSpeedMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for dinosaur taming speed. Higher values make taming faster.
HarvestAmountMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for yields from all harvesting activities (chopping down trees, picking berries, carving carcasses, mining rocks, etc.). Higher values increase the amount of materials harvested with each strike.
HarvestHealthMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for the "health" of items that can be harvested (trees, rocks, carcasses, etc.). Higher values increase the amount of damage (i.e. "number of strikes") such objects can withstand before being destroyed, which results in higher overall harvest yields.
ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for the respawn rate for resource nodes (trees, rocks, bushes, etc.). Lower values cause nodes to respawn more frequently.
PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for player characters' water consumption. Higher values increase water consumption (player characters get thirsty faster).
PlayerCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for player characters' food consumption. Higher values increase food consumption (player characters get hungry faster).
PlayerCharacterStaminaDrainMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for player characters' stamina consumption. Higher values increase stamina consumption (player characters get tired faster).
PlayerCharacterHealthRecoveryMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for player characters' health recovery. Higher values increase the recovery rate (player characters heal faster).
DinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for dinosaurs' food consumption. Higher values increase food consumption (dinosaurs get hungry faster).
DinoCharacterStaminaDrainMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for dinosaurs' stamina consumption. Higher values increase stamina consumption (dinosaurs get tired faster).
DinoCharacterHealthRecoveryMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for dinosaurs' health recovery. Higher values increase the recovery rate (dinosaurs heal faster).
DinoCountMultiplier Specifies the scaling factor for dinosaur spawns. Higher values increase the number of dinosaurs spawned throughout the ARK.
AllowCaveBuildingPvE If set to True, allows building in caves when PvE mode is also enabled. (Patch 194.0)
BanListURL Use the official global ban list, or point to any online ban list that you want. Must be enclosed in double quotes. (Patch 201.0)
PvPStructureDecay Turns off structure decay on PvP servers.
MatingIntervalMultiplier Higher number increases (on a percentage scale) interval between which dinosaurs can mate
Example: MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.5 would allow dinosaurs to mate 50% sooner (Patch 219.0)
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier Higher number decreases (by percentage) time needed for fertilized egg to hatch (Patch 219.0)
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier Higher number decreases (by percentage) time needed for baby dino to mature (Patch 219.0)
BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier Higher number decreases (by percentage) the speed that baby dinos eat their food (Patch 222.3)
CropGrowthSpeedMultiplier Higher number increases (by percentage) speed of crop growth (patch 218.0)
LayEggIntervalMultiplier Higher number increases (by percentage) time between eggs spawning / being laid (patch 218.0)
PoopIntervalMultiplier Higher number increases (by percentage) how frequently you can poop (patch 218.0)
CropDecaySpeedMultiplier Higher number decrease (by percentage) speed of crop decay in plots (patch 218.0)
StructureDamageRepairCooldown Option for cooldown period on structure repair from the last time damaged. Set to 180 seconds by default, 0 to disable it (patch 222.0)
bPvEAllowTribeWar False disables capability for Tribes to officially declare war on each other for mutually-agreed-upon period of time (patch 223.0)
bPvEAllowTribeWarCancel True allows cancellation of an agreed-upon war before it has actually started (patch 223.0)
bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos True allow spike walls to damage wild/riderless Dinos (patch 224.0)
CustomRecipeEffectivenessMultiplier Higher number increases (by percentage) the effectiveness of a custom recipe (patch 226.0)
CustomRecipeSkillMultiplier Higher number increases (by percentage) the effect of the players crafting speed level that is used as a base for the formula in creating a custom recipe (patch 226.0)
DinoHarvestingDamageMultiplier Higher number increases (by percentage) the damage done to a harvestable item/entity by a Dino. The higher number, the faster you collect (patch 231.1)
PlayerHarvestingDamageMultiplier Higher number increases (by percentage) the damage done to a harvestable item/entity by a Player. The higher number, the faster you collect (patch 231.1)
DinoTurretDamageMultiplier Higher number increases (by percentage) the damage done by Turrets towards a Dino (patch 231.4)
bDisableLootCrates True prevent spawning of Loot crates (artifact creates will still spawn) (patch 231.7)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Jen pinned this topic

So 'player resistance' is a bit misleading, also my own mistake but on my dedicated server I've got it set to 2.5! Which might explain the 2 hits from onyc and dire wolf's taking us out..

Does this also explain why I can't fall off a small rock without dying? This is the worst, barely falling any distance and instant death every time.

I feel like a right *insert rude word(s) here*

16 hours ago, EvilChaosDX said:

So 'player resistance' is a bit misleading, also my own mistake but on my dedicated server I've got it set to 2.5! Which might explain the 2 hits from onyc and dire wolf's taking us out..

Does this also explain why I can't fall off a small rock without dying? This is the worst, barely falling any distance and instant death every time.

I feel like a right *insert rude word(s) here*

Yea ditto, it's very counter-intuitively worded. On my local save I had set it to max thinking "higher damage resistance slider = higher damage resistance". Wasn't till I found this out that I realised why I would almost be dead from punching a tree 4 times.

39 minutes ago, DonThommo said:

Yea ditto, it's very counter-intuitively worded. On my local save I had set it to max thinking "higher damage resistance slider = higher damage resistance". Wasn't till I found this out that I realised why I would almost be dead from punching a tree 4 times.

Aha hopefully they'll re word it or have an explanation with it!

My mate died from 1 punch to a tree. Was quite funny for us but he wasn't too impressed.

The more you know!

I tried to see if the "Dino Character" settings affect both wild and tamed dinos. I had some differing results where the food effected both however the resistance only effected the wild dinos.

I would like to have my long taming times rewarded by having a dino that doesn't die in one minute of combat.

On 31/01/2016 at 3:05 AM, anotherandrew said:

Ok the Xbox patch notes have been updated with:

• "All of the PC's Server options are now exposed to Hosting/Local Sessions (even options that were previously hidden in INI's), and all options have direct-input textboxes for using any arbritrary value."

So that answered my question ^^^

It should mean you get all the extra options here aside from the third person which XBox doens't have;

http://i.imgur.com/a/zyofy.jpg

Archived