[INFO][TUT] XBOX 1 Server Settings Explained

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know how I'm able to make my server NOT show up in the list?

And does that affect players that are not on the servers friends list?

Reason is, we host a PVP server located in Germany and after a restart yesterday, we were overrun by American players that brought the server to a whopping ping of 180 for the most of us. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2017 at 2:18 AM, maze said:

Does anyone know how I'm able to make my server NOT show up in the list?

And does that affect players that are not on the servers friends list?

Reason is, we host a PVP server located in Germany and after a restart yesterday, we were overrun by American players that brought the server to a whopping ping of 180 for the most of us. 

Is there no password on your server?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OSGDreamKi11er said:

So when adjusting settings for a player dedicated, Island map, 1 is the highest it can go right?

For the difficulty, yes. Everything else is somewhat 'unlimited'. If the setting you're about to change says [xx]interval, a value of less than 1 will increase its speed. Most of the other settings will increase above 1.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to get the baby cuddle interval multiplier setting right. I have all the other settings at 2.0 which I believe is 4x multiplier but on this cuddle interval multiplier setting I keep getting over 3 hrs time between imprints. When I move it to 0 it just does a 0% imprint. But if I turn it up it goes to over 17hrs before next imprint. Any idea on how to get this even with my server settings (maturation speed, etc.)

• 1 month later...

I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer.

1. Can I run a dedicated server and be able to play the server on the same xbox? If so how?

-I am trying to play with friends only without any restrictions such as 200m distance and such. When I run a dedicated server it says no character next to my name.

2. If I play the non-dedicated server way can I transfer my single player account into non if so how?

3. Once play anywhere is released mid-september can I host dedicated through pc and play on my xbox?

4. What's the best way to play with friends and not be limited? Will renting a server once they are released be our best option,  and can we again transfer accounts in and out of servers?

Thank you all I hope I can get my questions answered.

15 hours ago, KingAries said:

1. Can I run a dedicated server and be able to play the server on the same xbox? If so how?

-I am trying to play with friends only without any restrictions such as 200m distance and such. When I run a dedicated server it says no character next to my name.

No, if you run a dedicated server through your Xbox, you're not able to play on that server with the same Xbox. 

2. If I play the non-dedicated server way can I transfer my single player account into non if so how?

Single-player and non-dedicated use the same savefile. You should be set just by starting non-dedicated and invite some friends. 

3. Once play anywhere is released mid-september can I host dedicated through pc and play on my xbox?

Yes, this is the intended way. Though only with the Win10 version (you get for free if you own Ark on Xbox) and not the Steam version, so no mods included.

4. What's the best way to play with friends and not be limited? Will renting a server once they are released be our best option,  and can we again transfer accounts in and out of servers?

That's personal preference. Play on officials or look for a player-dedicated server to join. Server rental on consoles is way too expensive to be honest. 

And you'll probably not be able to transfer anything to a rented server, nor can you upload your local save to use for a rental server. 

• 2 months later...

Not sure where to post this & hoping someone can & will help me.

I run a dedicated server and want kibble to be useful for trading purposes, but currently raw meat does the trick with about 95% effectiveness. It’s Prim+ if that makes a difference & the taming speed is currently at 2.5.

Is there a way to decrease how effective taming is overall without lowering the taming speed? Is there a different setting I may have messed with unknowingly that also affects taming effectiveness?

Thank you.

First off, I guess you got a typo there and meant 'taming' instead of 'trading'. 

Secondly, no. There's no explicit setting for effectiveness. 

The taming effectiveness (TE for further reference) is valued by how much food (and which) a creature will consume while being tamed. 

Kibble will give a creature (iirc) 130 food back when taming, raw meat only 50. Thus meaning that less food consumed will keep the TE as high as possible. As well as a lower drop rate in TE when using kibble.

Given that they will consume 2.5x less food already with your settings, there won't be much of an incentive in using kibble over regular food. 

8 hours ago, maze said:

First off, I guess you got a typo there and meant 'taming' instead of 'trading'. 

Secondly, no. There's no explicit setting for effectiveness. 

The taming effectiveness (TE for further reference) is valued by how much food (and which) a creature will consume while being tamed. 

Kibble will give a creature (iirc) 130 food back when taming, raw meat only 50. Thus meaning that less food consumed will keep the TE as high as possible. As well as a lower drop rate in TE when using kibble.

Given that they will consume 2.5x less food already with your settings, there won't be much of an incentive in using kibble over regular food. 

That’s what I thought, so thank you for your help.

I meant trading purposes because we’re an RP server and with the current rates no one needs to utilize kibble and we want to change that.

It was mentioned that we could make food drain faster requiring more food to tame them, but that would also affect tamed dinos. I think I’ll find a balance between food drain & taming speed.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

The game settings that you can download/change by allowing the Expert Mode for the rented Nitrado servers for xbox show the resolution set to 1080x720. I have the new xbox one x and a 4k or 3840x2160 resolution tv. is there any reason i should not use the full 4k resolution setting by changing the resolution setting on my rented server from 1080x720 to 3840x2160 ?

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to figure out how to set up downloads between my clusters. 

We have it to where you can only transfer your character and character inventory from our Ragnarok to our Abberation. However, you can transfer anything back from Abberation to Ragnarok. 

I was on our Abberation yesterday and transferred my character and inventory back but ended up disconnecting. Once I re-logged in my character was gone on both maps. Just completely gone. I made a new character, forced myself into my tribe, and went to blue ob to retrieve my dinos. I opened the Obi up and accidentally pressed LB which somehow gave me every single item that was on my old character lol.

Has anyone else had this issue yet? 

Also, if we have the Disable Downloading Player Information box checked in the CrossArk settings will this prevent players from downloading their survivor from other servers?
Will this ensure only players can transfer in between our clusters?

So I've been digging around the many endless corridors of the Internet now for answers, but I'm struggling here.

ARK being newly released to the 'Play Anywhere' list of games of Xbox I was delighted to finally be able to set up a dedicated server and play with my friends (using an Xbox console and PC). I've dug around the forums, wiki pages, and it's left me here with a bit of a problem. It's always been hinted at that I should be able to use either my Xbox console or my Windows 10 PC to act as a dedicated server and play it using the other device. Now I've tried to set it up using the same account, multiple accounts, using my console as the server as well as switching and using my pc as the server as was suggested in this thread. Nothing has worked. I get a message that reads "You're already playing this game on another device. Close that game to play it here."

Is there any way to set up a dedicated server without having to purchase another copy of the game or a second Xbox console? Or am I still missing a step?

26 minutes ago, TwitchBoxx said:

So I've been digging around the many endless corridors of the Internet now for answers, but I'm struggling here.

ARK being newly released to the 'Play Anywhere' list of games of Xbox I was delighted to finally be able to set up a dedicated server and play with my friends (using an Xbox console and PC). I've dug around the forums, wiki pages, and it's left me here with a bit of a problem. It's always been hinted at that I should be able to use either my Xbox console or my Windows 10 PC to act as a dedicated server and play it using the other device. Now I've tried to set it up using the same account, multiple accounts, using my console as the server as well as switching and using my pc as the server as was suggested in this thread. Nothing has worked. I get a message that reads "You're already playing this game on another device. Close that game to play it here."

Is there any way to set up a dedicated server without having to purchase another copy of the game or a second Xbox console? Or am I still missing a step?

Are you trying to host the server AND play on the server on the same exact account? If so try hosting it on a different account and play on another.

On 12/15/2017 at 12:41 AM, iWv said:

Are you trying to host the server AND play on the server on the same exact account? If so try hosting it on a different account and play on another.

Yes I've tried hosting the server on my main account on PC, then using a second account to access and play on xbox but I get that same error. I did log off my main account too from xbox when trying. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, TwitchBoxx said:

Yes I've tried hosting the server on my main account on PC, then using a second account to access and play on xbox but I get that same error. I did log off my main account too from xbox when trying. 

Play Anywhere won't be released until the 19th, don't try to find a solution on your side because the version that was available for download was a test build that got removed:

• 3 weeks later...

For play anywhere setup between xbox and PC:

1. How do I host on PC and play on PC/xbox (non-steam version) at the same time without buying an additional copy?

2. Does it support graphicless PC hosting for windows store version?

3. Can I host on another PC while playing on another PC/xbox (non-steam version) without buying an additional copy

51 minutes ago, Wolf90 said:

How login as admin on my own serwer or how use admin commands(i dont ask how open a command console). All what i do  is not working. I have serwer from nitrado.

Login as server administrator to edit your server settings, and other in-game items on Nitrado.com using your account to login to the server user interface.

To use admin commands on your actual server while in-game press the start button on your Xbox controller, this will open the start menu on Ark. Then press and hold down the Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X button and Y button at the same time and you should have a box appear at the top center of your screen with a "Request Admin" button next to it. Then you just type in your server admin password (the password you created on Nitrado in your server settings) Its labeled "Admin Password" on your server user interface under the "General Settings" page. Once your password is entered you press the "Request Admin" button and VIOLA you now have your admin privileges on your server.

From this point on you can use Dododex.com or https://ark.gamepedia.com/Item_IDs to retrieve admin commands to spawn tames, items, or other things into your server.

Hope this helps. Know its a lot of steps and info.

Archived