Update Concerning PS4 Servers 225 - 228

Jatheish

On 3/8/2017 at 2:45 PM, ArkTheIsland said:

So I'm confused about why the rollback post was closed? It was the most popular thread you guys have ever had and was still getting active posts? It's bad enough you won't address it but trying to silence people is crazy. All these people protesting facism should come over to the forums.

I was wondering the same thing. People started talking about how to actually get a refund for the game, and all of a sudden the thread is closed and hidden.

Coincidence? I think not.

On 7.3.2017 at 10:10 PM, Jat said:

Hey Survivors,

Unfortunately, I have some sad news to share with you. Earlier in this week during our backup process, this machine experienced a critical hardware failure which prevented us from accessing the box for a short while. We have spoken to our hosts and identified the failure. It occurred during the actual writing of the backup and clobbered both the main server files, as well as those we were writing. This means that data on the above servers are lost and we are not able to retrieve them. Sadly this was a one-in-a-million fluke and we are going to look into ways to prevent this from occurring in the future. We sincerely apologise for the loss of data suffered. 

I know it sucks, horrible timing, especially considering the recent AWS outage and we certainly understand your frustrations. This box will continue to remain offline until it has been appropriately set up with completely new hardware and undergoes our prep for becoming a part of the Official ARK network. This could take a while, however, when it's ready, the save files will be fresh/new. 

Sorry guys! :Jerbcry:

Compensation, compensation...this is getting ridicolous .....it's more like a joke.

On 11.3.2017 at 2:35 AM, Vad said:

Compensation??? Get real. You think you are entitled to something because an early access game had an issue? Welcome to ARK!

Read it again and read the ironic out of it..i know that, but whatever, this is getting a joke more and more. If early access or not, those guys might be great game developers, but absolute beginners to server hosting....

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing Ark for a year now PS4 just got Ark and you are calling me a noob? I've also have lost everything due Ark's issues. BUT I don't complain about it because I'm not an idiot. Also, the game is in Alpha. If it was a full game that fully released this would be a issue. But you bought the game knowing you are basically testing the game until it's full release.

Archived