Update Concerning PS4 Servers 225 - 228

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Survivors,

Unfortunately, I have some sad news to share with you. Earlier in this week during our backup process, this machine experienced a critical hardware failure which prevented us from accessing the box for a short while. We have spoken to our hosts and identified the failure. It occurred during the actual writing of the backup and clobbered both the main server files, as well as those we were writing. This means that data on the above servers are lost and we are not able to retrieve them. Sadly this was a one-in-a-million fluke and we are going to look into ways to prevent this from occurring in the future. We sincerely apologise for the loss of data suffered. 

I know it sucks, horrible timing, especially considering the recent AWS outage and we certainly understand your frustrations. This box will continue to remain offline until it has been appropriately set up with completely new hardware and undergoes our prep for becoming a part of the Official ARK network. This could take a while, however, when it's ready, the save files will be fresh/new. 

Sorry guys! :Jerbcry:

9 hours ago, Penyajo said:

Is there going to be any form of compensation? I mean alot of us are done playing the game if we really have to start all over. We might not have been an alpha tribe but we were doing damn good.

Lol don't play ark if you have this mindset. I've had to restart dozens of times, a couple of those was when I was in a alpha tribe. It happens.

11 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

My unofficial saves every 15, and I can see over a dozen gamesave files at any one time. I don't understand why one of the older files wasn't used? Unless the failure of the bad hardware lost all of the older saved data too.

Yes, and All of your saves, are most likely placed om the same drive. 

So... No off host machine versioning on the backup scheme, no mirrored raid array or the raid was unmonitored? I work in IT, how does this happen? The integrity of small client businesses of less than ten employees I manage- I have versioned backups offsite and off machine and these guys have a hell of a lot less revenue going on. Take advantage of your data centers and you obviously have them networked together via site to site vpn or however you're doing things. Backup and shuttle data around the locations. Get the data not only off machine but offsite. 

Stuff like this along with the level of support provided has me aching to know when we'll be getting the option to host a dedicated server on pc architecture for console versions. Any hopeful eta on that? And will we have the option to connect to the cluster even if temporarily to pull off our dinos, transfer to our servers? Not that I expect an answer based on prior attempts at getting serious info from the team. Sorry to those affected. I'm on ps4 but not that hypervisor. Has me wary though.

Be nice to have stability, performance, and redundancy prioritized now. Not that I don't appreciate the new dinos and gear but we have a lot of content, be nice to see the core systems come up to speed guys. Please get the game more robust, things happen in the real world, it's about preparation. Also, be nice particularly on ps4 to see performance rise. Love the game but the performance/lag can be unreal at times even on a killer connection. I know you have a lot going on but I think it's time to prioritize the problems right now.

Thanks 

17 hours ago, Adogcoleman said:

Lol don't play ark if you have this mindset. I've had to restart dozens of times, a couple of those was when I was in a alpha tribe. It happens.

"My name is Adogcoleman and the alpha tribe I am leeching off of just got wiped... oh well."  You either work for Ark or are a complete nub. Do you spend your free time polishing your participation ribbons and trophies too? ;) 

Cheers :)

Archived