where can we find the ascendent rex saddle?

mircoct

Not yet found any ASC gear or BPs however we got Mastercraft REX saddle BP from west underwater cave drops.  Use a Basilosaur if you got one as they negate any bad effects of eels and jellyfish.  Slowly slowly though - there are now Mosa and sometimes Alpha Mosa in that cave - just stay close to the cave surface as you can, kite things back and up if needed to avoid a deep sea brawl against the Mosas.

Only done the swamp cave once and only did it for the artefect, will have to try do that cave for loot drops and report back - others seem to be successful with ASC gear from there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm playing on my private server for few months, opened hundreds of red drops and found literally one blueprint for apprentice rex saddle with 47 armor. Did west underwater cave like 50 times, swamp cave dozen times, opened many red crates in other caves and nothing. I've found ascendant blueprint for almost every carnivore (for most species I've got several of them) saddle but not rex. Is this bad luck or they messed something in game?

2 hours ago, Bucz said:

I'm playing on my private server for few months, opened hundreds of red drops and found literally one blueprint for apprentice rex saddle with 47 armor. Did west underwater cave like 50 times, swamp cave dozen times, opened many red crates in other caves and nothing. I've found ascendant blueprint for almost every carnivore (for most species I've got several of them) saddle but not rex. Is this bad luck or they messed something in game?

Same.

I believe they've got a little too much in the loot tables and with every addition, chances of getting something decent lessen.  WC probably needs to set different loot groups on different color sky drops and get rid of some of the junk on the higher ones.

Finally got my ascendant 150 armor rex saddle blueprint from East underwater cave yellow drop :) Until then I've found literally 3-5 ascendant  bps of saddle for  each other creature that appears in this item set.

On 11/10/2017 at 5:17 PM, Esquire1980 said:

WC probably needs to set different loot groups on different color sky drops and get rid of some of the junk on the higher ones.

You may want to check this program: https://beaconapp.cc/
I have removed lower tier item sets from beacons so red drops can actually contain only lev 60 items, yellow only level 45 drop and so on.

On 8/11/2017 at 1:19 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Keep in mind this discussion took place before the cave was buffed. You can't just solo cruise through it anymore. 

yes you can just need the right dino. i run it several times a day by myself no problems. And YES it does drop rex bps. i have a jm 61(good for general junking around) and i have an asc 96.3 rex bp from there as well. you do get a ton of junk then BOOM yatzi big mo nay nice stuff.

On 3/7/2017 at 1:55 PM, License4 said:

ok.  I'm the first to admit I have a lot of trouble telling the difference between when someone is being serious or joking on the internet...

Does the Frog really get bonus damage fighting insects?  Saw something about it a long time ago and have not been able to find it since.

Why the deer?  I tamed one when they first came out for lolz.  Didn't know it had anything special to offer. 

The frog will one-shot the flies and other smaller insects, but deal normal damage to everything else. However, its easy to get a frog saddle. In addition, they have a decent torpor drop speed, compared to everything else.

Your other choices for a mount are Sabertooth (You will have to watch its torpor), Wolf (Same thing), Raptor/Terror bird (Low damage, health), and the Deer (Prevents you from getting hit by arthro acid)

So, really, it comes down to 3 choices - Frog, Deer, and Cat. Note that the deer has a decent amount more health (17% more health), and very slight amount of extra damage (29 on the sabertooth vs 30 on the deer), but it also has a larger attack radius, and can easily take care of swarming insects (Which the sabertooth finds a bit trickier).

So, yea. Either the Frog to one-shot small bugs, but have troubles with everything else, or the deer to do everything fairly evenly, but not have to worry with centipede spit.

For the OP, you just gotta grind, grind some more, and grind even more, thats all there is to it.

The places i know you can find ascendant rex saddles are red super drops across the island, the center and ragnarok, the ice caves and swamp caves on the island, And the east lava cave on the center, Their might even be more, But I know they are possible in everything that I have just named, But with that said. It is still a super rare drop. So good luck hunting :D

Archived