Sign in to follow this  
triggeredarmy

Good server settings to reduce lag?

Good server settings to reduce lag?

Hey guys have been playing around with my server settings for a wile and it seems that there is still lag from harvesting. it can sit anywhere from 30 to 50 ping constantly with 30 people then randomly jump to 200 when someone's harvesting metal or killing alot ive taken bronto and doedic saddles out to see if that helps and it has but i feel there is more that could be done anyone have good server settings that they don't notice much lag from?

Lemur    27

It is all very dependent. If there is a high harvest multiplier it will cause lag. Depending what map you are on. Island has more lag then the center. How big are the buildings. What is the upload speed of the server's Internet. If you are an admin you can remove the ground clutter. It would be best to list some of your stats to get a better Idea where you can reduce lag.

Lemur    27

sg.groundclutterquality 0

I would say the upload speed is a problem. The server I host has a 950 Mb/s Upload and it has issues when it hits over 40 people. The Xbox console can't handle the load. But this issue is for sure the xbox gets taxed. They are stating they are sending in an update next week for the console to help with frame rate and stuff. So that might assist this problem.