"Using" Tek when you don't have the tekgram, question

Nim

"Using" Tek when you don't have the tekgram, question

Before I start amassing a billion varied resources I wonder something about Tek tier. I know you have to have the tekgram in order to wear/use tek armor and to use the replicator. The other things, however, I'm unsure about. The wiki doesn't specify for all of them and my game legit won't run singleplayer, so here I ask.

Do you need to have the tekgram to:

• equip and fire the tek rifle
  • equip the rex saddle and fires its laser
  • activate the tek forcefield
  • place tek structures
  • use tek doors and gateways and have the auto-open/close options
  • use the transmitter, both transferring in and out (could have sworn wiki said you didn't need the tekgram, don't see it now)

Rifle, yes you need it for both.

Rex saddle.. i don't know if you need it to equip, but yo do need it to fire.

Force field, you can't even open the inventory without the engram, so you probably need it to activate.

You do not need it to place pre-built tek structures.

No idea about the doors

I would assume that you need it for the transmitter.

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

That would have sucked if you had to relearn them all. 

It would kill mindwiping if you had to relearn each time. I often mindwipe for different tasks, one set up for building gathering, one for fighting and cave diving. If i had to fight the bosses to learn all the stuff everytime i mindwiped, id never bother with TEK.

Just now, ilShadow said:

It would kill mindwiping if you had to relearn each time. I often mindwipe for different tasks, one set up for building gathering, one for fighting and cave diving. If i had to fight the bosses to learn all the stuff everytime i mindwiped, id never bother with TEK.

I honestly don't like it seems a bit too much for this game imo. 

9 minutes ago, ilShadow said:

I just hate all the new stuff seems to be TEK related, with less new primitive or modernish stuff. Though i have ranted about that in several TEK request related threads already.

Primitive has tons of stuff compared to base game. It feels like a complete game with mutiple modpacks. I wish we would have half of the Prim+ stuff in base game.

1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

Primitive has tons of stuff compared to base game. It feels like a complete game with mutiple modpacks. I wish we would have half of the Prim+ stuff in base game.

Primitive refers to pre modern, not prim+. So stuff before you get to industrial stuff. Though there is a bunch of stuff in Prim+ i wish was in the base game.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

If I unlock it with one character can I use it with another character (same account, obviously) on a different server? Just wondering if I need to transfer my character to ragnarok or can create a new one and still use my tek troughs.

All chars have to unlock it.

The Tek transmitter at Medium Dragon is horrible for players with chars at different servers at the moment.

Archived